NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 03:32 PM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ha, Bentley and Rafa seizing the moment. That's good stuff.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:09 PM
SpartanG37S

Man, this thread is dead. 2 days and nothing!

So I bought a few things today. A 6" orbital buffer because my car is looking like crap right now, even after I wash it. Since Arjun has pads already, I guess I can share

Amazon.com: Griot's Garage 10765STDCRD 6" Random Orbital with 10' Cord: Automotive

I was driving along this weekend to Fayetteville. It was raining, so I had the bright idea to turn on my factory fogs. Well, they suck. So I bought some 3k H1 replacements. My wife has 3k's in the Explorer, and they work really well.

Amazon.com: TEXON 3000K XENON HALOGEN 2 BULBS PURE YELLOW H1 55W: Automotive

And to top everything off, *2NiCE* from G35 Driver is going to mod my headlights this weekend. Black housing, LEDs around the HID bulb, and a red demon eye.

I've been eyeing the supercharger thing on and off, but it's probably going to be more than I want to spend. So, I'm thinking I'm going to for sure get the 4.08 gears, Stillen G3's, a tune, and some new rear tires to actually hold the power. I turned off the traction control the other day and did a U-Turn on Mercury Blvd at about 12:30 AM. No cars, a little over half throttle = 360°. Fun, but a little scary I might add.

Oh yeah, and today is the SOOPER BOLE! So I'm pretty sure you turds won't respond til you're sober later in the week. Enjoy TV now, because between now and NBA playoff time, you may as well cancel your cable because there isn't crap on TV.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:29 AM
RichG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All that sounds awesome man!keep modding that baby, gonna look awesome. You mind me asking how much 2nice is gonna charge you for the lights? I've been looking to atleast paint the housing, maybe no Led's but i bet it will look great Super bowl pissed me off so the full on drinking never happened but oh well. Hope all the new additions to the G go well and can't wait to see!
Old 02-07-2011, 10:10 AM
SpartanG37S

Originally Posted by RichG
All that sounds awesome man!keep modding that baby, gonna look awesome. You mind me asking how much 2nice is gonna charge you for the lights? I've been looking to atleast paint the housing, maybe no Led's but i bet it will look great Super bowl pissed me off so the full on drinking never happened but oh well. Hope all the new additions to the G go well and can't wait to see!
Sent you a PM on pricing. Super bowl was great. I just wanted the NFC team to win since I'm a Panther fan at heart.

I can't wait to see how it looks once the lights are done. I may even join the overlay club. Only time will tell...
Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Still don't get the whole....4.08 gear thing. What is it? Also...why have you chosen Stillen intake over Injen?
Old 02-08-2011, 08:36 AM
SpartanG37S

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
Still don't get the whole....4.08 gear thing. What is it? Also...why have you chosen Stillen intake over Injen?
It's a different ring gear in the rear diff with one less tooth, hence the higher gearing. Higher gearing in the final drive (rear diff) = greater acceleration. The revs are shorter between the first few gears, and it'll be a few hundred RPM higher in the top gear, but well worth it. No extra HP on paper, but your acceleration times will be noticeable higher, with good traction of course.

It's been really big with domestic sports cars for decades. I don't see why it's overlooked with the G35/37. The Z guys have been on this for a while as well.

I've never really cared for SRI, even from my Honda Prelude days of the past. CAI yields better results, that's why I'm going with Stillen over Injen. Also, I've read about a lot of issues with the Injen intakes on here.

If I did decide to go SRI, I'd go with the R2C since they have really good midrange power. However, I'd more than make up for that with the 4.08 final drive, so I'd rather take the top end power with the G3's.
Old 02-08-2011, 04:13 PM
swordsman54

The main Injen intake is a CAI...Nadeem has one. We all know you only want the G3 because I have one...
Old 02-08-2011, 04:23 PM
G 30-FI

Figured i would post this up for Rodney(RaheemG35), this will count towards his "host" meet for requirements, please show some support since the guy did make it to the Cheesecake Factory meet with his family.

What: Food Bank Charity/Meet and Greet
When: March 12, 2011
Time: 1PM
4000 Virginia Beach Blvd, Virginia Beach, VA 23452

Info: Bring Non Perishable Food Items. Cash for Lunch Pushing for Misako Japanese Restaurant (ALL YOU CAN EAT) and I can book for all of us to sit together and have individual checks.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:10 PM
SpartanG37S

Originally Posted by swordsman54
The main Injen intake is a CAI...Nadeem has one. We all know you only want the G3 because I have one...
You could have said that about the MXP and would have been right, because I heared it. HOWEVER, you haven't put on the G3's yet So you haven't influenced me yet.

Ya know, you should sell your G3s to me since it doesn't look like you're gonna install them anytime soon.

Oh yea, my buffer came in today. I need some pads and product so I can fix my swirly car.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:59 PM
nethole
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone know of any 'track' facilities that can be used/rented whatever?

I just saw the Top Gear episode of VIR, and started to wonder what facilities were available.

I remember a couple years ago, some folks got track time at the 'Motor Mile' (New River Valley area), but that person has long since left the area, and I have no idea what groups he was involved with.

Any ideas? [besides, wake up early in the morning and hit the blue ridge before the police wake up. I'm looking for a legal alternative]
Old 02-09-2011, 12:51 AM
swordsman54

I have no idea Nethole. I am sure some people around here can point you in the right direction though...

Bryant, I have M105, but I don't have any finishing polish. I could point you in the right direction for that. As far as glaze is concerned, I have some of that as well as sealant that we can use afterwards. And I will install my Gen3's soon. I have something in mind for my engine bay that Tony and I were discussing a couple days ago.

And as far as the Food Bank Charity meet is concerned, I would love to go, but I am going to be out of the country during that time. Lo siento chicos.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:56 AM
G 30-FI

Lo siento chicos.
What??? You like boys???? bwahahahaha!! TMI TMI........no wonder your always wanting to hug when everyone leaves!!! j/k seriously!?!?
Old 02-09-2011, 02:02 AM
swordsman54

Lo siento means I'm sorry...
Old 02-09-2011, 11:28 AM
SpartanG37S

I have no idea Nethole. I am sure some people around here can point you in the right direction though...

Bryant, I have M105, but I don't have any finishing polish. I could point you in the right direction for that. As far as glaze is concerned, I have some of that as well as sealant that we can use afterwards. And I will install my Gen3's soon. I have something in mind for my engine bay that Tony and I were discussing a couple days ago.

And as far as the Food Bank Charity meet is concerned, I would love to go, but I am going to be out of the country during that time. Lo siento chicos.
I'll order up some #205 this morning while I'm thinking about it. I'll be headlight-less this weekend, so that'll be a perfect time for me to get started.

Gen3's installed soon? I bet I'll have MY G3's, 4.08's, and headlights all installed and your G3's will still be boxed up.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:21 PM
swordsman54

I am waaaaaay to lazy to have my intakes put on right now. First I am going to get the splitter put on and get an oil change....The Gen3's should be put on by Aprilish time

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?