NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 08:44 AM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...also, sounds like you wanna go aggressive with your car. You should hear it in person but i would recommend the MXP exhaust. If i had the money and wanted the exhaust to be nice, loud, yet sexxxy, i would went for the MXP. Sounds exotic from the clips i have heard, swordsman can attest to that. There are a couple people selling theirs for around $1200 or so in the classifieds at last check.

I'm gettin the Invidia cuz i wanted something tame, yet louder and deeper than stock while keeping a similar note. This car is now my DD and i do alot of highway driving with the wife, so.....
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 AM
Justin311

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
wutup Justin, i'm just north of you in woodbridge. i've been to many meets up in the NoVA and MD areas, just not too many lately. There is the national G club in our area but not sure if there any big meets comin up. Usually they do skyline drive this time of year, but not sure this time around.

Swordsman and a few of the others here have drove up for some of the meets, i just have never driven down to any of theirs but would like to sometime. Especially now that many of them aftermarket exhaust!

I'm pulling the trigger on the Invidia cat back exhaust today, haven't heard it in person but going to take a chance.

also, sounds like you wanna go aggressive with your car. You should hear it in person but i would recommend the MXP exhaust. If i had the money and wanted the exhaust to be nice, loud, yet sexxxy, i would went for the MXP. Sounds exotic from the clips i have heard, swordsman can attest to that. There are a couple people selling theirs for around $1200 or so in the classifieds at last check.

I'm gettin the Invidia cuz i wanted something tame, yet louder and deeper than stock while keeping a similar note. This car is now my DD and i do alot of highway driving with the wife, so.....
I'm actually backing down a tad from what I thought I might want to do with the car...I was researching everything I'd want last night and the price tag is coming in at almost 20 grand (GTM kit, Uprev tuning, fuel, exhaust, wheels/tires, body accessories, labor for the parts I dont wnat to do). I love the car but just wont justify putting that kinda money into it to get an 11 second car. I have an 11 second car thats sexy as hell (to me)....and it is only 20 grand TOTAL lol. I think what I really want is a very clean daily driver. The typical intake/exhaust/wheels/tires. I'll be happy with the stock hp, its not a slow car by any stretch.

I'm not a fan of "loud" exhausts, more "deep" exhausts. Perhaps the Invidia is exaclty what I want, we have a 3 year old and he will be in the car occasionally, plus I drive to Roanoke and Baltimore frequently so I dont want something that will drone on the highway.

How soon do you plan to install the invidia? Doing it yourself or having a shop do it? Very interested to see how it sounds.

I think I"m gonna concentrate on teh clutch/flywheel and wheel/tire decisions first because that is NEEDED (worn clutch/worn tires). Maybe that will buy me enough time to hear yours and a few other exhausts in person first
Old 10-01-2010, 11:02 AM
Justin311

Ahujadaddy, do you know anybody somewhat close to us with a lightweight flywheel? I am going to be ordering pretty soon but REALLY would like to try one out before I order. I have heard both the good about them and the HORROR stories of affected idle and NOISE. Let me know if you can think of anybody who would let me check theres out, even if only at idle.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:47 PM
swordsman54

I'm in Yorktown, so still kinda far from you. I come to Richmond almost once a week though, so it wouldn't be too bad if you wanted to meet up with me and some Richmond g's. But yea, if you want a deeper sounding exhaust, then go for the Invidia. The MXP doesn't drone, but it sounds like you're driving in 4th gear with the stock exhaust cruising on the highway.

And yea, cars and coffee is at 8am. I have a good time, even though it's so early in the morning. They have some exotics that show up and everyone there is pretty nice.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Justin311

Well distance isn't a problem..its timing lol. I'm in Norfolk, Richmond or DC/MD at least every 10 days for work, but always on weekdays. But schedule is tight so hard to make schedules line up I'll be in Norfolk next on 10/11. Definitely want to meet up and check out some other G's, so keep me updated if you hear of or want to put together any meetups!
Old 10-01-2010, 02:23 PM
RichG

Hey guys,

New to the site, been creepin for about a year now though.Im in Richmond, more specifically Shortpump area. 2008 G37S Black/Black
Old 10-03-2010, 07:31 AM
JMacsG37

Arjun, when did you pick up the MXP? I've been shopping around and exhaust is my next mod. I'm on the fence between MXP and FI, just never heard the MXP in person. I'll have to check it out.

Im just deployed now, so i'll probably be doing the upgrades early next year. But i did finally get my LEDs replaced by Igor and have the lights back on my car. Only took 6 months
Old 10-03-2010, 07:36 AM
JMacsG37

you guys should check out National G Club, theres often meets. Mostly NoVa and MD, but they are often. Although its starting to get pretty crappy weather for meets
Old 10-03-2010, 09:49 AM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
wutup Justin, i'm just north of you in woodbridge. i've been to many meets up in the NoVA and MD areas, just not too many lately. There is the national G club in our area but not sure if there any big meets comin up. Usually they do skyline drive this time of year, but not sure this time around.

Swordsman and a few of the others here have drove up for some of the meets, i just have never driven down to any of theirs but would like to sometime. Especially now that many of them aftermarket exhaust!

I'm pulling the trigger on the Invidia cat back exhaust today, haven't heard it in person but going to take a chance.
You won't regret it. I love mine... It's perfect IMO and you can't beat the quality and bang for the buck that you get with it... Hope you enjoy it as much as I do every day.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:18 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin311
I was researching everything I'd want last night and the price tag is coming in at almost 20 grand (GTM kit, Uprev tuning, fuel, exhaust, wheels/tires, body accessories, labor for the parts I dont wnat to do)...
This is why I slowed down my spending on the car. Springs, wheels/tires, stock spoiler and splash guards, and some car audio equipment. I think I have enough toys for now. I won't be doing any more spending on the car until 1st quarter 2011. So then, I'll buy the exhaust, intake, and get it tuned.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:37 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by RichG
Hey guys,

New to the site, been creepin for about a year now though.Im in Richmond, more specifically Shortpump area. 2008 G37S Black/Black
Welcome man! So now we have three black g's and one white one in Richmond. Have you done anything to your car yet?
Old 10-03-2010, 12:39 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by JMacsG37
Arjun, when did you pick up the MXP? I've been shopping around and exhaust is my next mod. I'm on the fence between MXP and FI, just never heard the MXP in person. I'll have to check it out.

Im just deployed now, so i'll probably be doing the upgrades early next year. But i did finally get my LEDs replaced by Igor and have the lights back on my car. Only took 6 months
I got it last month. It's about time Igor fixed your headlights! You can hear the MXP and the FI here in Yorktown and decide what you want when you get back.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:50 PM
JMacsG37

Ya, im thinking about buying while im out here. Then just doing install once i get home. Definitely leaning towards MXP, never heard a down side to it. I changed up the color scheme a little bit too:

Im going to paint calipers/rotor top hats the same color. Not sure if anything else
Old 10-03-2010, 12:57 PM
swordsman54

Damn man, that is going to look sick. I can't wait to see what it looks like when you're done.

As far as exhaust goes, both are loud, but FI is deeper and MXP is more aggressive sounding. The FI exhaust looks more aggressive though.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Hey Ahuj, if you get your invidia and don't want to keep it can i get dibs on buying it

I've been trying to pick up a used gemini for a while haha.

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?