Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 06:47 PM
Topper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VA Beach, got a front plate
Old 08-26-2010, 12:29 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I love VA, but this front plate business just sux. I should have kept my NC plates.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 PM
JMacsG37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats why i kept my Ohio plates, if i get hassled i just say it is legal in Ohio. Although it isn't. I hate the front plate, and VA has the inspections which i never liked
Old 08-26-2010, 04:55 PM
swordsman54

I just wished I had thought about putting in the lower mesh before having it drilled into my bumper. It's not even right in the middle...
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Fck VA traffic laws. I hate everything about the transportation here. over 80 automatic wreckless, unmarked cop cars, roads suck, state inspections on a brand new car is retarded, radar detectors are illegal.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm starting to miss Ohio roads.. even with our notorious cops.

JMacs I didn't realize you were from Ohio, represent! I'm from cincy originally.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:37 AM
JMacsG37

yea i was in VA beach for 4 years. I especially hated when it started raining and half the drivers lost their mind.

Ya i always enjoyed Ohio roads, although my last time home i got pulled over twice in 3 days. One for speeding on my way up, then slightly speeding/no front plate/dark tint. Still got warnings lol.

Thats cool yea, i'm from the Cleveland area.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:13 AM
Namir
Registered Member

Met up with swordsman and GPR-37s yesterday at Short Pump. Had a great time hanging out and talking cars.
Swords has the MXP and GPR-37 has the gemini, me... well I'm still stock. Both the exhausts sounded awesome but totally different. NOW I know what people mean when they say the MXP is aggressive, holy crap that thing sounds mean.

Old 09-14-2010, 12:05 PM
rAiN
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Anybody here interestd in picking up tanabe muffler for 400?
Old 09-15-2010, 10:24 AM
swordsman54

Remember how I was talking about using that crappy camera app that I downloaded? The picture did turn out pretty blurry...

Old 09-15-2010, 03:14 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Damn... that app really is crappy..
Use the normal one haha.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:12 AM
Justin311

Hey everyone....I'm in fredericksburg and semi-new to the board. Been on here reading forever (have an 07 G35X daily) but just picked up an 08 G37S 6MT Amethyst and looking forward to some mods. I come from Turbo Toyotas and used to run a small shop building them so I'm a car nut and like some powa

Anyways first mods on the list for the 37 are upgraded clutch (on the stocker and she has 70k on her) and upgraded exhaust. I would REALLY like to get some opinions on clutch setups, in person would be even better, then I could check out exhausts too. makes the decision easier when you can see them in action. Really debating a lightended flywheel. On 4cyl cars I dont like them, too "revvy", however on the well balanced VQ the flywheel seems to make it "hang" on an upshift for too long - I wish it would drop a tad. But want to know if the flywheel makes it drop too quickly.

Just wondering if there is anybody in the area that wants to meetup b efore the weather turns bad. I travel for work and am constantly in the VA Beach, Roanoke and NoVA areas, as well as Baltimore and DC. Please let me know if anybody plans a meet and greet, or if any of you in the area have an aftermarket clutch/exhaust and would spend a few minutes showing it to me to help me make my decision, much apprecaited!
Old 09-29-2010, 01:01 AM
SpartanG37S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome to the boards. I don't know of any of the G37 guys who have an upgraded clutch/flywheel/pp here, so you'd probably get more answers on the 370Z boards. I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about clutch chatter

I know swordsman has a sweet exhaust setup that looks and sounds awesome. I forget the brand, but I've heard it in person and it sounds great. I may go with the Invidia, but I've been fumbling with car audio stuff lately, so performance mods have taken a back seat since it's getting colder out and I need to get some mods our Explorer.

Shouldn't be too hard to get another meet up in before the weather turns to crap. I'm on leave until 11 OCT. Other than that, I'm 9-5 M-F.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:33 AM
swordsman54

Welcome to the VA topic! We have FI, Invidia, and MXP that I know of in this area. Check out some exhaust videos around the forum and then maybe you can narrow it down and check some out.

If you want to meet up, we could all get together at the cars and coffee meet in Williamsburg this month. I think it's the third Saturday of the month from 8-10. If you guys are interested, just let me know. I will probably be there anyway.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Justin311

Hey! Thanks for the welcome guys. I think I'm gonna LOVE the coupe. I really liked my sedan but it just wasnt "fun" so I never took it very far. This 6MT on the other hand

I've been listening to exhaust vids but man it would be nice to hear some in person. It sounds like to get good performance I need to get a full exhaust which includes the test pipes or whatever. But there is a tanabe local for kinda cheap....i know that is just an axle back. But anyways if there are any I could hear would be awesome.

I'll have to check a calendar to see when the 3rd saturday is...8pm? hopefully? 8am on saturday is a little early tho...would have to leave here at 6am lol....eh....

What part of VA are you in swordsman?
Old 10-01-2010, 08:40 AM
Ahujadaddy

wutup Justin, i'm just north of you in woodbridge. i've been to many meets up in the NoVA and MD areas, just not too many lately. There is the national G club in our area but not sure if there any big meets comin up. Usually they do skyline drive this time of year, but not sure this time around.

Swordsman and a few of the others here have drove up for some of the meets, i just have never driven down to any of theirs but would like to sometime. Especially now that many of them aftermarket exhaust!

I'm pulling the trigger on the Invidia cat back exhaust today, haven't heard it in person but going to take a chance.

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?