Old 03-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How'd it go?
Old 03-01-2010, 05:53 PM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some dude came up to us and said it looked like a Honda dealership, then said Acura, then said Lexus....
Old 03-01-2010, 07:20 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

GTR's

I checked out the GTR's and they had a silver one and a gun metallic. They would not budge off sticker, once i told him how much used ones with 3.5K were selling for, he said that he could do something but i am not going to waste my time with a new one.

Had fun!

later,
Old 03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Haha...acura and lexus. Why does no one know what an infiniti is? I mean they write the damn brand name across the trunk so you don't even have to recognize the symbol.

My garage manager asked me what make my car was today.... I sighed and said infiniti knowing he would write "infinity" on his list.

Jayspeed, hahah at you're antics. Jerking around the salesman sounds like fun. But I agree 100%, a GTR makes more sense to buy used because like every car they depreciate just by taking it off the lot. And with a used one, you don't have to go through the break in period because someone else already did it for you.
Old 03-02-2010, 05:51 PM
swordsman54

That was still hilarious how we saw you on the way back, haha. Did you end up going to hhgregg and seeing if they had opened yet? Our tv lamp blew and I am trying to convince my parents to get the new Sony 60ex700 led tv. What tv did you end up getting in your theater room?
Old 03-02-2010, 07:04 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Originally Posted by swordsman54
That was still hilarious how we saw you on the way back, haha. Did you end up going to hhgregg and seeing if they had opened yet? Our tv lamp blew and I am trying to convince my parents to get the new Sony 60ex700 led tv. What tv did you end up getting in your theater room?
I would hold off on that TV. If I'm not mistaken it's an edge lit LED which is known to have performance issues with black scenes. Read up on LED lit LCD's and the uneven light distribution associated with edge lit. You want to get a full-array LED tv like the samsung 8500. Sony might have a full array LED as well but to be honest I feel like with Sony you pay a premium for a name.

In my eyes the top LCDs are Samsung, top Plasmas are Panasonic. Not to say Sony doesn't make good products, they are probably = to samsung in LED's but carry a nice premium.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:47 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

No, i didn't go to HHgregg. I ended up getting the Samsung UN55B8000. It is an 55" LED LCD, and it is awesome. I installed the new lights i wanted for the poker table and installed an overhead 4 light/fan system. So, I just need to add the other 4 speakers and hook them up and i will be ready for a good day of sports followed by some poker.

anybody want to drive down?
Old 03-02-2010, 10:45 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by Namir
I would hold off on that TV. If I'm not mistaken it's an edge lit LED which is known to have performance issues with black scenes. Read up on LED lit LCD's and the uneven light distribution associated with edge lit. You want to get a full-array LED tv like the samsung 8500. Sony might have a full array LED as well but to be honest I feel like with Sony you pay a premium for a name.

In my eyes the top LCDs are Samsung, top Plasmas are Panasonic. Not to say Sony doesn't make good products, they are probably = to samsung in LED's but carry a nice premium.
What you are saying is completely true. Thanks for keeping me up to date, haha. The problem with our living room is that anything under 60 inches looks way too small, and there aren't any good (if any) LED tvs in the 60+ range.

About Sony, my family has never had any problems with their products, tvs included, and we have had them for over twenty years. I have a Samsung LCD at my apartment, and I have loved every second of it. The problem that I have been hearing though is that they have become more cheap with their products.

And fyi, Panasonic plasmas are thought of to be the best, but they have some serious issues when it comes to fading as they are built to lose their blackness levels after only a couple hundred hours of use.

Originally Posted by JaySpeed
No, i didn't go to HHgregg. I ended up getting the Samsung UN55B8000. It is an 55" LED LCD, and it is awesome. I installed the new lights i wanted for the poker table and installed an overhead 4 light/fan system. So, I just need to add the other 4 speakers and hook them up and i will be ready for a good day of sports followed by some poker.

anybody want to drive down?

I'm going to start researching some more about these Samsung LEDs and see what I can come up with. Thanks a lot for referencing them as I might have to go in that direction.

I'm for a drive down there. My spring break starts on the 12th and lasts through the 20th, so if you are down for anything during that time, I'm down too. I am most likely going to be home and looking for some jobs for after I graduate anyway.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 PM
MOBK1106

NGC SeVA

Southeastern NGC Meet
2010 meets are starting to come together. This is a feeler for a March, 27th meet and greet hosted by NGC SEVA. If you can make it sign up so we can see if there is enough interest for this day...

Place: Capital Ale House
13831 Village Place Drive
Midlothian, VA 23114
(804)897-5815
Who: Open to NGC members/prospects and family/friends
Time: 3/4pm to whenever
Why: Meet and greet...and to get 2010 started

Any questions PM Buddha - MOBK1106(myg37.com) 3buddha5(g35driver.com)

G35driver members attending- from NoVA and SoVA
1.G 30-FI(Tony)
2.Petesg35(Pete)
3.TehG35(Ben)
4.Gaskam (Mark)
5.rhampsterwha2 (Ryan)
6.Spade(Tim)
7.sameerg(Sameer)
8.mconklin (Matt)
9.GeeManZee(William)
10.G35Nut(Mike)
11. Silverlaunch3 (Frankie)
12. Rockdiesel(Paul & Christine - 50%)
13. VA 04 g35(Les)
14. 3buddha5(Buddha)
15. Jimmykce1 (Jim)
16. Lek
17. Kyle
18. Amanda
19. 757_G35 (Dennis)
20. raheemg35
21. Citymunky(Jon)
22. Paul + fam
23. Aldo(me, myself & I)
24. Ozzie
25. BoThai
Old 03-03-2010, 09:34 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

No thanks, too far!
Old 03-04-2010, 05:40 PM
swordsman54

I'd be down for that. I'll probably head over and throw my name on that list sooner or later.
Old 03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Namir
Registered Member

hmmm just my luck.

I'll be in Ohio, I'm actually driving back on that Saturday but I probably won't get back into Richmond until 6pm or so.

Any chance this meet would get bumped to Sunday?
Old 03-04-2010, 11:12 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

Decided to keep my car for a while any way. i ordered a carbon fiber engine cover and the battery/brake fluid covers. i am going to order the radiator cover and the black cobb tuning intake hoses. I will let you all know how they fit and the finish.

I am going to also order a carbon fiber DIY skinning kit i found on the internet from a company in the UK. They have a cool video on the web showing you how you take any part from your car and cover it in carbon fiber. Once it is done it looks awesome. So I am going to refinish all my interior pieces in carbon fiber and look at getting some alcantara for my dash and my A pillars and headliner and steering wheel.

I will top it off with the new GTM Supercharger Kit, as soon as they release the installation directions and i find a good shop to install it, i will purchase it and have it shipped to the shop. i will go with the 550HP version. i do not want to push it too far with the stock engine and stock auto.

What do you guys think of the plans?

I believe it is a lot cheaper than getting an GTR. A dealer told me that a brake job for a GTR is 3500 to 4500, which sounded crazy to me, but that is the price they can charge for supercars service at dealers, and you don't get it done at the dealer the first time you have a problem, they will not cover it.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:12 PM
swordsman54

Wow....that is crazy man! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Do you have another plans like a big brake kit, lip kit, or anything of the sort?
Old 03-06-2010, 03:54 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

Yeah, i will probably upgrade the rotors/lines/pads real soon, when i need to get a brake job., i probably will not get a lip kit, i run into to many parking blocks. It seems i always get the spot with the spikes sticking up out of the parking block. i may also get the 10" sub and amp to help in the bass dept, i really want to focus on the SC for now.

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?