NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any VA G37's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 10:59 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[quote=swordsman54;2819370]Not really. The G35 Richmond guys are pretty tight, and I know that they meet up sometimes. I wouldn't mind having more meets, though. Maybe we can get in with the 35 guys.

That's how I ended up in the starbucks meet I think it is all up to us to incentive the guys to get out there more often. We will have to take the lead on setting dates and stuff... I wouldn't mind going again make a call out to meet somewhere the weekend of the 18th
Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 AM
swordsman54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That sounds good to me man. I guess we can plan it with the guys on the G35 forums, since there really aren't any 37 owners in Richmond besides you, me, and Namir.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GPR-37s
New member to the forum, long time reader. I'm from RVA just to break the ice and introduce myself.
Hey GPR, welcome aboard!
As you can tell, Richmond doesn't have too much 37 activity, I see a few around town but no forum members besides me and swordsman here.

I wouldn't mind getting together sometime, I need to find some good 'sunday morning drive' roads when the weather gets better.
Old 12-12-2009, 04:55 PM
swordsman54

Man, every time I go out to Short Pump now, I see this same AB G37. It's really weird. I always end up right behind him when I turn into the mall.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Whats going on? Haven't been on much lately...my G is having a problem with the auto-shifter. It's having a problem up-shifting. Down-shifting works fine but my car will just keep revving while I try to shift and finally after multiple tries it goes.

I took it to Pearson but they told me there is no problem with it. That it generally happens when they "set in". So basically I can't use my auto-shift any more. They said the tech drove it and he had no problem shifting. I call BS!
Old 12-16-2009, 09:29 PM
swordsman54

Originally Posted by Nosnibor
Whats going on? Haven't been on much lately...my G is having a problem with the auto-shifter. It's having a problem up-shifting. Down-shifting works fine but my car will just keep revving while I try to shift and finally after multiple tries it goes.

I took it to Pearson but they told me there is no problem with it. That it generally happens when they "set in". So basically I can't use my auto-shift any more. They said the tech drove it and he had no problem shifting. I call BS!
I guess you are going to have to try Charles Barker then. Try and take a video of what is going on and show it to them.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:59 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

Yep, i have that problem every once in a while. If the rev match is not perfect it will not let you shift. I think that is what is going on. I have to flip the paddles a few time to get it to shift. Once it gets into the proper speed zone it will shift. It is just a matter of getting used to shift timing i guess.

On another note, i think i am getting rid of the G. I found a great deal on a black GTR 09 with everything and a little more. Some guy traded it in on a Challenger and he had already done a turbor upgrade intake pipes and blow off valves, probably an exhaust don't know for sure and a haltech computer. It has 11.5K and they only want 62K. It sounds fishy, but the dealer said it has a clean carfax. I may check it out.
Old 12-16-2009, 10:25 PM
swordsman54

Dang man. Let us know. You can show it off to us at the fight
Old 12-16-2009, 10:48 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Namir
Hey GPR, welcome aboard!
As you can tell, Richmond doesn't have too much 37 activity, I see a few around town but no forum members besides me and swordsman here.

I wouldn't mind getting together sometime, I need to find some good 'sunday morning drive' roads when the weather gets better.
Sounds good let me know
Old 12-16-2009, 10:51 PM
GPR-37s
Registered Member

Are any of you guys going to the starbucks meet Friday?
Old 12-17-2009, 06:13 AM
flipside6400

my suggestion is to tell the manager you want either him or the tech in the car while you drive it and show him the problem and then let him drive it with you in the car to show you there are no problems
- Show quoted text -
Old 12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
Namir
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JaySpeed
On another note, i think i am getting rid of the G. I found a great deal on a black GTR 09 with everything and a little more. Some guy traded it in on a Challenger and he had already done a turbor upgrade intake pipes and blow off valves, probably an exhaust don't know for sure and a haltech computer. It has 11.5K and they only want 62K. It sounds fishy, but the dealer said it has a clean carfax. I may check it out.
Wow that would be awesome, you have to bring that thing to the next meet if you get it. It sounds like you got the right mindset as far as being skeptical but I always tend to shy away from modded cars. Especially with a turbo upgrade, it's likely that they will have issues with warranty work down the line.

And why the hell did this guy trade a GTR for a challenger..... downgrade
Old 12-18-2009, 09:05 AM
Nosnibor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JaySpeed
Yep, i have that problem every once in a while. If the rev match is not perfect it will not let you shift. I think that is what is going on. I have to flip the paddles a few time to get it to shift. Once it gets into the proper speed zone it will shift. It is just a matter of getting used to shift timing i guess.

Well I don't have the paddles. Mine is just the auto-stick and before this it wouldn't matter what RPM I was at to shift....and it wouldn't make sense for the car to want to shift at 6k in second gear when I'm not even on it.

As for the GTR....holy ****!
Old 12-18-2009, 06:49 PM
JaySpeed
Banned

Definitely take it in and demand not to leave until you are satisfied. Take the mechanic for a ride and duplicate the problem and don't let them BS you saying that is what it is suppose to do. They try that all the time, because they are down right lazy and don't really want to work on cars. Most of them any ways.

I hope you get it fixed!
Old 01-03-2010, 11:38 AM
huyner

I'm about to post a set of H&R Race Springs that came from my G37 I recently sold. I would like to sell it local of course so please check out my thread or PM me.

Quick Reply: Any VA G37's?