NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Any good install shops in MD VA area?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 02:27 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Any good install shops in MD VA area?

I need to do something about this fender gap and am debating for springs or coilovers. Anyone know a good install shop in the area?

It seems like all the SoCal guys have few good shops, there has to be at least one in this area!
Old 05-26-2009, 03:25 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by philter25
I need to do something about this fender gap and am debating for springs or coilovers. Anyone know a good install shop in the area?

It seems like all the SoCal guys have few good shops, there has to be at least one in this area!
Function Tuned seems to do a lot of reliable work. I wouldn't take it to Altered Atmosphere (AAM), they don't get a lot of good reviews, at least not with their tuning.

http://www.functiontuned.com/
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have used Function Tuned, but I have done more work with PTuning in Manassas. Depends on what you want done and willing to pay.
Old 05-26-2009, 09:35 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Elite in Laurel is highly recommended.

Also Function Tuned will be able to handle pretty much anything.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
philter25

Originally Posted by HamstersG
I have used Function Tuned, but I have done more work with PTuning in Manassas. Depends on what you want done and willing to pay.
Dude I checked out your garage..... you pretty much have done what I am looking to do.

1) Im debating on Eibach springs vs coilovers. I dont like the slammed look, I just want an even fender gap with a little of the top of the wheel showing. I think most of the Eibach pictures I saw had that. You wouldnt happen to know the spring rates of the Eibachs? I actually like the rates of the stock springs, they are firm but not too firm. Im guessing they are around 6kg/m so if the Eibach's are around 7 kg/m, that would be perfect.

2) Do you have any pics of your lights on? I was looking to get new city lights and fog lights but I wanted to match the OEM HID color.

3) And Im going to go with the full chrome amber signals from autolumination.

4) I think Im going to head up to NYC sometime this summer and have Igor paint my housing BO..... did you end up doing anything with your headlights?

5) And finally I plan on having my grille and chrome tailpiece painted BO to match the car.

-Where in VA are you? I might need to drive by and check out your ride before I do everything to mine.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:08 PM
HamstersG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So we don't get accused of thread jacking, I will PM you with answers to your questions.

Originally Posted by philter25
Dude I checked out your garage..... you pretty much have done what I am looking to do.

1) Im debating on Eibach springs vs coilovers. I dont like the slammed look, I just want an even fender gap with a little of the top of the wheel showing. I think most of the Eibach pictures I saw had that. You wouldnt happen to know the spring rates of the Eibachs? I actually like the rates of the stock springs, they are firm but not too firm. Im guessing they are around 6kg/m so if the Eibach's are around 7 kg/m, that would be perfect.

2) Do you have any pics of your lights on? I was looking to get new city lights and fog lights but I wanted to match the OEM HID color.

3) And Im going to go with the full chrome amber signals from autolumination.

4) I think Im going to head up to NYC sometime this summer and have Igor paint my housing BO..... did you end up doing anything with your headlights?

5) And finally I plan on having my grille and chrome tailpiece painted BO to match the car.

-Where in VA are you? I might need to drive by and check out your ride before I do everything to mine.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:58 AM
philter25

To follow up, I went to Elite in Laurel to get my springs done. Chris Yi was very nice and had them swapped out in under 2 hours. I would recommend Elite, thanks for the recommendation.