NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

Broken into in NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 12:34 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
damn....2 G's in one day. Sorry to hear about this man.....guess the only option is the aftermarket alarm like everyone's saying.....that blows. I guess I should be thankful I live in TN and car vandalism and break-ins aren't nearly as common as the NE or in Cali. Hope you get it fixed soon!!
Old 03-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by thexfactor
I keep my deductible high so my premiums stay low. This one is gonna force me to open up my wallet and see the dust fly everywhere...

Nothing was in plain view, and all windows are tinted at 15%...
Not to get on you after the fact of this unfortunate act. But lower your comp. ded. for the future. Your collision deductible generates a large portion of your insurance, but the comp. isn't. Lowering just the comp. ded. will cost you nearly nothing compared to what it could save you in a malicivous act like this.

My thinking is you can't control what's happening when your vehicle isn't parked, so I want that ded. to be low. While driving, I'm in control, and if the other guy causes the accident, we'll then I'm not really responsible for a high ded. anyways. After you get the window fixed, check out with your insurance agent what the premium difference is to just lower your comp. ded.
Old 03-19-2009, 12:56 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Double check your policy. I think glass coverage is different than comp.
Also, OEM glass only runs about $225.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:59 PM
thexfactor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joeposter
Double check your policy. I think glass coverage is different than comp.
Also, OEM glass only runs about $225.
just called infiniti... $307. And that doesnt include labor...
Old 03-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Sunny G
Registered Member

Received 50 Likes on 41 Posts
yo bro that sux. i dont live in brooklyn but my uncle used to get his car fixed by where shea stadium used to be. they did everything even glass. dont know if that helped but good luck with it
Old 03-19-2009, 05:43 PM
nogoodname
Banned

look like the window is just busted...at least no body damage
Old 03-19-2009, 06:57 PM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
curious... were your Ipod and Sun Glasses out in the open or hidden away?
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 PM
thexfactor

Originally Posted by DrJones
curious... were your Ipod and Sun Glasses out in the open or hidden away?
both hidden away AND tinted windows AND parked in my driveway.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:04 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

i feel u on this one had my car vandalised and rims stolen sometime last night...pure ****ing hatters
Old 03-19-2009, 08:51 PM
G Nack 37s

sorry to hear same thing happen to my integra rims radio speakers and on top of that they took the car for a joy ride =( fu!zzy bishes get a life!!
Old 03-19-2009, 10:28 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Achilles
If you're going to get an aftermarket, make sure you add the audible sensor so that glass breakage or "spider breaks" using the spike tool that fire/ems use can set off the alarm. It uses a microphone and a microprocessor, which analyzes the frequency, intensity and timing of intrusion sounds to eliminate false alarms.

A good proximity sensor! This will trigger a beep when you get close to the car on the exterior as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2OQk3XjLPvU

But now that I think of it that would be some integration with our stock system... anyone done this can chime in please??

Last edited by Xcalibur; 03-19-2009 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:39 PM
xlack
Registered Member

damn i just realized too this is 2 cars in 1 day.. so many haters out there.. everyone get good aftermarket wheel locks and aftermarket alarm.. the viper alarm is up on my mod list next >.<
Old 03-20-2009, 12:59 AM
w0ady

sorry to hear.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:24 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Sucks. NYC brake and walk is an every hour thing. Happens every night at my old apartment.

Just saw this... interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSjfVnWFtH4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iSjfVnWFtH4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 03-20-2009, 03:03 AM
chamelieon

damn same **** happened to me, first time i parked in a bad/shady neighborhood..

i went with an aftermarket window.. aka PPG ..and should have gone oem.. cost me $280 installed with angelic autoglass here in long island, they picked up the window from a warehouse in queens.

the oem window is $226 from www.infinitipartsusa.com (if thats correct) without shipping. but i could have installed it myself just needed to fix it asap and couldnt wait.

but the aftermarket window i dont think has the right curve at the end.. needs like a few degrees more of an angle to sit correctly in the upper door sill rubber seal, unless the angle can be tilted via the door somehow when the glass is mounted.

it is a bitch to align the window.. glass guy didnt know how and when you unplug the door controls it resets so the window wont go up until the dealer resets it.. but i later figured it out (window up all the way, bring it down and hold down, then bring it up all the way and hold up for a few seconds... i forgot but if u play with it its easy to figure out.)

so in the end i believe my dealer quoted me $45 something to align the window... find out for yours and if it ends up being $350 or so, just go that route, will be way better off in the long run.

if you do find an aftermarket window, should be $130ish i can install it and line it up for ya at my shop. either way good luck!

Quick Reply: Broken into in NY