NorthEast Serving CT, DE, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VA, VT, WV

MD people?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by blegthbloo
I got a ClutchMasters Stage II clutch/flywheel combo for about 1300 shipped from corsport.com, plus 800 for labor at JBA... I like it so far although it still chatters occasionally even after 1000 miles. But it's not terribly annoying... and it's Stage II so maybe it's normal, idk.
It's not the clutch chattering, but the flywheel. That's why the stock flywheel is dual-mass and 32lbs, to dampen some of the transmission noise.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
killstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just placed my order for South Bend TZR kit from zspeedperformance.
Spoke to Joe over the phone and he made a great recommendation based on my needs.

I asked the dealer service mechanic to save my old clutch. I will post the pictures once I get my hands on them.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:40 AM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
as far as the insurance question goes I can say mine is $800 every 6 months too. I have All-state and live in howard county md. no tickets or accidents ever. Sounds like I need to do some shopping. This was my plan that was with my parents that I took over about a year ago. I am 23 though so still under the rate cut that happens at what 24?
Old 07-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Adam West
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts
I'm paying $650 for the year on my 09 G here in AA county w/ clean record. Then again it's with a multi insurance (2 car/house) discount so that's helping knock the rate down as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:33 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by femiakin
@ Christian. That is pure grad A bull**** I'd expect from an MD statetrooper. There was really no point in that at all. Did he give you a repair order ?

Any one know of a good place to buy aftermarket rotors in MD
State troopers are usually nothing but professional. County cops and sherrifs can be douchebags like this and harass you just because they feel like being ******.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
State troopers are usually nothing but professional. County cops and sherrifs can be douchebags like this and harass you just because they feel like being ******.
I think that statement doesn't apply to every law enforcement officer. Maybe I'm bias but State troopers, County Cops and sharrifs all have douchebags and ****** within the department.

Ps. Not trying to offend anyone with my post, but different people will have different opinions based on their previous encounters/experience with a law enforcement agent.
Old 07-08-2011, 08:06 PM
Fentress24

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just saw a black G on my way home from the mall. On 29 south right by 32. Wondering if it was anyone on here. Looked sick, was rebadged as a Skyline 370GT. I don't think it was christian because the rims were not Volk Gt-30 phantom. They looked like they had a chrome lip. Looked like stock exhaust and the front grill had a GT-R emblem on it.
Old 07-13-2011, 05:00 PM
blegthbloo

lkajdsfklhjadsflkj why does it rain every day I wash my car??? Mother Nature is probably laughing at me
Old 07-23-2011, 08:22 PM
blegthbloo

Got pulled over today... thought it was for speeding (I was doing 15 over after all) but instead he gave me a warning for no front plate...

So now I guess I gotta get something done about that. I don't have a bracket or holes drilled, and I like it that way... does anyone have their front mounted differently? I don't think this car looks good with it offset, or with a front plate period. Just wanted some other ideas.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:45 PM
mexillis

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ever since I got a no front plate ticket I just leave it on the dashboard passenger side and haven't been pulled over since.
Old 07-23-2011, 08:59 PM
BooSa37

Got pulled over today... thought it was for speeding (I was doing 15 over after all) but instead he gave me a warning for no front plate...

So now I guess I gotta get something done about that. I don't have a bracket or holes drilled, and I like it that way... does anyone have their front mounted differently? I don't think this car looks good with it offset, or with a front plate period. Just wanted some other ideas.
Sucks to hear bro. I have the stillen front mouting bracket which I'm not using, I can sell it to you PM me if you're interested.
Old 07-24-2011, 04:30 AM
Dipstix6996

Originally Posted by mexillis
Ever since I got a no front plate ticket I just leave it on the dashboard passenger side and haven't been pulled over since.
Just because you haven't been pulled over doesn't mean it's not illegal. I would recommend against that because it's also unsafe. One accident and that thing will go flying around the cabin of your G.

Go to a fabric type store (michael's..etc) and get suction cups with a nipple you can put a post through. Chances are you'll never get a ticket again.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:52 AM
BooSa37

Originally Posted by Dipstix6996
Just because you haven't been pulled over doesn't mean it's not illegal. I would recommend against that because it's also unsafe. One accident and that thing will go flying around the cabin of your G.

Go to a fabric type store (michael's..etc) and get suction cups with a nipple you can put a post through. Chances are you'll never get a ticket again.
I agree with Dipstix, you can still get pulled over if you have your front tag on your dashboard. MD law states from tag has to be "Intact & secured" so neither of those applied to you. Guys it is a cat & mouse game you might go 5 years without getting pulled over but eventually you're going to run into somebody who is going to nail you for it.

PS. IMO front tag SUCKS!
Old 07-24-2011, 11:02 AM
coolraz

Originally Posted by Dipstix6996
I am getting a sport bumper swap next summer (current one has like a million rock chips...) and wanted to do something like this so the tag can be reasily removable. Can you explain what you're doing here? Just putting suction cups (what kind do you recommend?) onto the back of the tag and stick em on the bumper?
Is it strong enough to hold it when you go over bumps etc?

Btw I just ordered a GoPRO HD Hero.....definetely want to get some cruises in in August once I get it installed.

(if you don't know what a gopro hd does.........

‪Just another friday G35x G37 ( gopro hero )‬‏ - YouTube
Old 07-24-2011, 07:02 PM
Dipstix6996

I'll get some pix of what I'm taking about for ya.

The suction cup has a nipple that can fit through the hole on a plate. There is another small hole in the nipple, of the suction cup, that a small plastic post fits into. When applied correctly, your plate will stay suction cupped to the front windshield.

If you want to know the law, look up Maryland transportation 13-411. It will give you all the details on what's legit.

BTW. GoPro is awesome!!! I love mine

Last edited by Dipstix6996; 07-24-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Quick Reply: MD people?