Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

Professional Networking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 04:54 PM
vodkarocket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Professional Networking Thread

I know there is something similar in the Premier Members section of driver, but it is very rarely utilized.

I was hoping we could compile a small database of where NorCal G members work, what they do, and ultimately find out what kind of connections they have.
Old 12-06-2005, 11:26 AM
ajayjuneja

I started a company called Speak With Me, getting lots of hookups into the car stereo biz (Alpine, etc) as I write this...
Old 12-06-2005, 01:35 PM
vodkarocket

The way I envision this working is stating what we do, where/with whom we have connections, and that way we can use each other as resources outside of just modifying our G's.

I work for a company called Trolltech in software sales/consulting.

Most of my previous work has been in corporate communications consulting, so I have a lot of connections in the audio/web/video conferencing arena.

I've also got a handful of hook ups in local automotive shops.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:50 PM
myst

I work for MetroED, which is a vocational school district as their web developer.

I've been doing web work for about 8 years now. No real hook ups except I know a really good sushi chef XD
Old 12-06-2005, 02:16 PM
absolutg

i work for lockheed martin space systems company. i'm a software engineer working in a research and development group.

if you have a background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science, i can review your resume and get it in our system if there's a fit. we're hiring

i have some connections with most of the big tech companies in the area since a lot of my friends from school are working there.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
vodkarocket

^ Really? My company has a bunch of clients within Lockheed- I'm sure you or your fellow developers have had some exposure to our 'Qt' product.

Last edited by vodkarocket; 12-06-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:56 PM
kenempireex

Originally Posted by absolutg
i work for lockheed martin space systems company. i'm a software engineer working in a research and development group.

if you have a background in electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or computer science, i can review your resume and get it in our system if there's a fit. we're hiring

i have some connections with most of the big tech companies in the area since a lot of my friends from school are working there.
Hi, do you guys have internship? I am Mechanical Student in UC Berkeley and looking for ME related job. I don't mind working with low or no pay at all. I just want the working experience. I will appreicate ur help so much.

Last edited by kenempireex; 12-06-2005 at 04:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:26 PM
limeg35

Hey, I am paperboy, so if you dont want your morning paper get wet? let me know, see if I can wrap them in the plastic bag for ya, thats if anybody still reads paper...but no promise tho ...if you want some extra coupon? I am your boy well, thats extend of my connection...

Last edited by limeg35; 12-06-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:35 PM
urban

Originally Posted by limeg35
Hey, I am paperboy, so if you dont want your morning paper get wet? let me know, see if I can wrap them in the plastic bag for ya, thats if anybody still reads paper...but no promise tho ...if you want some extra coupon? I am your boy well, thats extend of my connection...
You've been using this one way too long, I have not seen any paper boys who own a G35 and an M3...lol, your going to have to tell us what you really do...haha.

I work for Medtronic, I am a clinical study manager so if you parents/family member gets ill from an Aneurysm then let me know, I will try and get them into a study trial to treat them. ( Hopefully they never get ill)
Old 12-06-2005, 04:59 PM
absolutg

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
^ Really? My company has a bunch of clients within Lockheed- I'm sure you or your fellow developers have had some exposure to our 'Qt' product.
yep. not me personally, but i'm familiar with qt from developing on linux. trolltech is a cool company
Old 12-06-2005, 05:19 PM
beanie

Originally Posted by absolutg
Do you work off of 101? If so, I work kind of near you

Sorry guys, my job wouldn't be of any help to anyone
Old 12-06-2005, 05:31 PM
kurzo

i work for a company called "google" and i'm a software engineer there. need a hookup? ask away
Old 12-06-2005, 05:32 PM
absolutg

Originally Posted by beanie
Do you work off of 101? If so, I work kind of near you

Sorry guys, my job wouldn't be of any help to anyone
yeah, right off 101, with the blue cube and the satellite dishes. we should have a mini-meet and grab some lunch sometime haha
Old 12-06-2005, 05:37 PM
absolutg

Originally Posted by ajayjuneja
I started a company called Speak With Me, getting lots of hookups into the car stereo biz (Alpine, etc) as I write this...
ajay, read a blurb about your work here.

hope you don't mind the google-stalking that's some cool stuff you have going on. i'd like to check it out sometime. i'm working on my ms from cmu there are a cpl vc's affiliated with cmu west over on moffett field. i can put you in touch with the staff there if you're interested in talking with them.

Last edited by absolutg; 12-06-2005 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:50 PM
myst

Originally Posted by kurzo
i work for a company called "google" and i'm a software engineer there. need a hookup? ask away
hm... i was just over at google the other week for lunch. you guys are seriously spoiled there :P

hehe. norcal g minimeet in google's cafeteria :P

Quick Reply: Professional Networking Thread