Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

norcal scenic drives

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 02:50 AM
absolutg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
norcal scenic drives

hey guys, i was doing some random drives this weekend, just choosing "points of interest" on the '06 nav system (just picked up my new black/black '06 sedan last thurs :-D) and when i finally thought i was going to drive by a friend's house, i decided to turn the opposite direction on this street on a whim. i was coming off 280S at the page mill road exit and instead of turning left to head to stanford, i took a right to follow page mill road into places i've never been before.

wow, what a drive! page mill winds up into the hills all the way until you hit route 35, which connects san francisco and santa cruz. the drive is not for the queasy, but the g35 shined in all the turns and corners you have to take. i forgot to take my camera with me but there are some spectacular views. i did the drive right around sunset so the sky was amazing. once i hit the 35, i decided to turn around and head home (b/c of the queasyness) and how dark it was getting. there are some serious tree overhangs that can make part of that drive pitch black at night. anyway i came back up on moody rd which was fun too.

highly recommend the drive! also found this site when i was looking for norcal scenic drives:
DOT Scenic Highways
Old 11-08-2005, 03:16 AM
andy2434

Giri, you should have continued onto the CA 35/Skyline Blvd. That drive will really get your adrenaline going.

If you an opportunity . . . Another must drive is down to Big Sur via Monterey and the Carmel Peninsula. You talk about beautiful views . . . That run will take your breath away like a thief in the night.

Glad to hear you are enjoying and really appreciating your new G, as it should be.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:51 AM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by absolutg
hey guys, i was doing some random drives this weekend, just choosing "points of interest" on the '06 nav system (just picked up my new black/black '06 sedan last thurs :-D) and when i finally thought i was going to drive by a friend's house, i decided to turn the opposite direction on this street on a whim. i was coming off 280S at the page mill road exit and instead of turning left to head to stanford, i took a right to follow page mill road into places i've never been before.

wow, what a drive! page mill winds up into the hills all the way until you hit route 35, which connects san francisco and santa cruz. the drive is not for the queasy, but the g35 shined in all the turns and corners you have to take. i forgot to take my camera with me but there are some spectacular views. i did the drive right around sunset so the sky was amazing. once i hit the 35, i decided to turn around and head home (b/c of the queasyness) and how dark it was getting. there are some serious tree overhangs that can make part of that drive pitch black at night. anyway i came back up on moody rd which was fun too.

highly recommend the drive! also found this site when i was looking for norcal scenic drives:
DOT Scenic Highways
Sweet, Thanks for the heads up. You should, if you haven't already, sign on for our Santa Cruz run next Sunday.
Old 11-08-2005, 01:39 PM
P_Diddy

Here's a great site with maps and road descriptions for the bay area roads. The site is meant for bikers, but it works for us too!

I want to do Calaveras Rd sometime.

http://www.pashnit.com/motoroads.htm
Old 11-08-2005, 01:46 PM
beanie

Calaveras Road is about 5 minutes from my house. I often take part of that drive but I go the other direction and end up near Piedmont. It's a shorter drive but is a great place to just get away to drive and there are some great views and some fun twisties

People say near that area is haunted because of this murder and the urban legend is that there are albinos that live up there
http://www.keanuvision.com/lot/archives/000186.html
Old 11-08-2005, 04:48 PM
P_Diddy

LOL, they say there is a colony of albinos on Hicks Road in Almaden too.

Last edited by P_Diddy; 11-09-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:57 AM
dyenboy

i planned this map out on my first meet run..

84 - 92 - 35 - 1 - 35 - 92 - 84

its a big circle..and u get the best of all worlds..

Old 11-09-2005, 06:23 PM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by dyenboy
i planned this map out on my first meet run..

84 - 92 - 35 - 1 - 35 - 92 - 84

its a big circle..and u get the best of all worlds..
This should be our next drive after Santa Cruz.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:54 PM
dyenboy

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
This should be our next drive after Santa Cruz.
we did this already..remember eloy...where we both went sideways..hahah

Old 11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
ashadiow

Drive the PCH out of frisco and up to one of those little ocean towns. Just un real.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:05 PM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by dyenboy
we did this already..remember eloy...where we both went sideways..hahah
Yeah, that was a great drive. We need to take the new guys on this.