Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

Skills /hook-ups / resources thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 05:37 PM
D87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have no car skills except maybe changing oil and flushing coolant on a Sentra SE-R It's been so long since I've installed a car stereo it doesn't count anymore.

But if you guys need an extra pair of hands I'm there. Oh, and if it involves computer hardware/software I think I can help too. For me, the "G" stands for "geek"...
Old 07-15-2005, 06:27 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
I can probably help do plugs, alternator, belts, power seeting, oil changes.. ect
Old 07-15-2005, 08:03 PM
skeleton_cru

I could definitely help with simple lighting issues (replacing bulbs), plenum spacer, shift ****...all stuff you could do yourself I guess, but if you're tool retarded I could help.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:29 PM
vodkarocket

I was looking for assistance in installing a midpipe. I will provide tools, pizza, and beer.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:33 PM
D87

Originally Posted by vodkarocket
I was looking for assistance in installing a midpipe. I will provide tools, pizza, and beer.
When are you planning to do it?
Old 07-17-2005, 07:57 AM
gizsf

I'm willing to help out too......let me know.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:42 PM
ryanwiggum

we need someone who can install headers. that would be fantabulous
Old 07-17-2005, 02:01 PM
bythabay
Registered Member

Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts
Well, I've never done any kind of exhaust work so I would love to help out / watch for the experience and to help out others.
Old 07-18-2005, 11:55 AM
vodkarocket

Originally Posted by D87
When are you planning to do it?
Originally Posted by gizsf
I'm willing to help out too.....Let me know.
As soon as possible- I believe that it would be pretty hard to do the install with a jack/jack-stands, so a friend of mine is letting me use the lift at this shop. We would have to do the install after 7:00 PM.

If either of you are still interested, shoot me a PM and let me know which day works best for you.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2005, 01:43 PM
MyRedG03.5

Ok, I have now joined the ranks of the mechanically retarded. Doing a simple battery disconnect, I managed to drop my little socket wrench in the space underneath the battery. Doh! Now I have no idea how to get it out.

So, I will be getting my 10-wire GG and Z-tube/K&N in August. In all honesty, after yesterdays performance, I realized I'm going to need some help with these installs. To add to it, my tool collection sucks.
Any of you guys who have done these install have a lil free time next month? I live in SJ (Hillsdale/Camden), but can drive to your place if need be. I do have a covered car port to work under plus will provide all the beer and pizza (or BBQ if at my place) you can eat. This will probably be mid august, hopefully it'll be cooler.
PM me if you can help out.
Thanks alot,
Dave
Old 07-19-2005, 06:30 PM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by MyRedG03.5
Ok, I have now joined the ranks of the mechanically retarded. Doing a simple battery disconnect, I managed to drop my little socket wrench in the space underneath the battery. Doh! Now I have no idea how to get it out.

So, I will be getting my 10-wire GG and Z-tube/K&N in August. In all honesty, after yesterdays performance, I realized I'm going to need some help with these installs. To add to it, my tool collection sucks.
Any of you guys who have done these install have a lil free time next month? I live in SJ (Hillsdale/Camden), but can drive to your place if need be. I do have a covered car port to work under plus will provide all the beer and pizza (or BBQ if at my place) you can eat. This will probably be mid august, hopefully it'll be cooler.
Thanks alot,
Dave
You might try a magnet to retrieve the wrench.

Give us the date for the mod install when you narrow it down and I'll let you know if I can help.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:43 PM
MyRedG03.5

Will do. Thanks Cru.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:20 PM
nhazra

Thanks alot,
Dave
Let me know when and I'll try to help you out.
Nirmalya
Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
gizsf

Ok, Doing a simple battery disconnect, I managed to drop my little socket wrench in the space underneath the battery. Doh! Now I have no idea how to get it out.
I did the same.....magnet..no luck..dooohh...I ended up taking out the battery and tray and there it was! Only took me about 15 minutes.

One thing with the 10 wire kit is the last wire that goes from the engine to the tranny.....It needs to be connected from underneath! I had no jacks ( nor was I willing to climb under the car with any cheap ones) and I had infiniti of serramonte connect the tranny side of that cable for me during an oil change(for free). It's 1 simple bolt, but the car needs to be jacked and the plastics need to be taken off(just like during oil change). Other than that it's fairly straight forward.

vodkarocket....I will be free most of next week.....I have'nt done a midpipe install but I'm guessing simple bolt ons. Let me know if I can help.

Last edited by gizsf; 07-20-2005 at 11:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:08 PM
P_Diddy

Thanks alot,
Dave
Let me know if you need additional help. I've done K&N, z-tube, plenum spacer, and taken apart my dash to get to the friggin' stereo. I have a socket and drill set and other tools.

Quick Reply: Skills /hook-ups / resources thread