Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

Good mechanic to install mods-San Jose area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
codeflux
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
for G35 sedans, go by Z Car Garage - they've done plenty of work on G35 sedans and coupes.
Old 06-30-2005, 12:33 AM
urban

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by netwireless
So does Scott's place have as much experience with teh G35 sedans as well? Looks like they specialize on Nissan 350Zs. I know these cars are very close and share the same engine, but I am more concerned about other types of mods like suspension and body work.

Also, has anyone done the Unichip upgrade?
Well I went down to Scott Performance today to get a baseline dyno of the Vortech I have in, I asked him not to tune the car as I am still in the process of buying parts but just needed to see what I was at.
Just like to point out that this is BHP power so you may have to deduct for powertrain loss which I have no idea how to figure out.
You will also notice that at 5500 which was a 4th gear pull, it goes totally rich and dropped right off his AF meter(actually went to zero) the stock program just dumps fuel at 5500+ rpm and just kills the power as you will see in the second attachment. This proves that the stock program is really rich plus so is idle, other than that he said it would just need tweaking here and there.
We also noticed that the kit was only boosting 7 psi and that this was not reached until 6000rpm which only leaves 500 to enjoy it, we called Vortech on this and they said they new this and that the best way to get around this was to upgrade the pulley.
This dyno was with the SC, Crawford cats, Fuji Y pipe and exhaust and a stock 3.33 pulley.
I have decided to tune this car with the unichip as the R4 program is not the greatest to achieve the best tune, this was also mentioned to Vortech and they are looking into providing the unichip in the sale of future Vortechs.

The car made 378.6(BHP) on the first run and then 372.1 (BHP)on the second. Temp was over 94 degrees today. I am going back next week to have JWT cams and springs, Techno L flash, VB upgrade and 3.12 pulley installed and maybe a new aqua mist system they just received.
Ted was an absoloute wealth of knowledge and showed me a Ferrari they were working on and I even met Greg the owner and his Porsche GT2.

Old 06-30-2005, 05:42 AM
ajayjuneja

scott performance does a great job on my sedan
Old 07-16-2005, 02:05 AM
anceegirl

gruppe-s in hayward. i know its the other direction but its where im taking mine.
(well maybe its because i know someone that works there).

Last edited by anceegirl; 07-16-2005 at 02:10 AM.