Nor Cal G Nor Cal G - operating for the Northern California G35's and surrounding areas.

How to say hi to another G35 driver?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 05:30 PM
myst

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to say hi to another G35 driver?

I was getting lunch today, and pulling out of the parking lot when a DG coupe drove by. I tried to wave to him, but didn't know the right way to do it.

I think he tried to say hi back too, because he slowed down to take a look. This was around the Capitol AutoMall.

So is there a way to signal hi to other drivers? When I drove my old car, no one said hi to me :/
Old 03-21-2005, 06:21 PM
pfizzle

Usually the middle finger says it all.. lol
Old 03-21-2005, 06:43 PM
dyenboy

we should have something like tat..saying hi..without saying hi...tat would be koo

something like 3 flash of the headlight...

Old 03-21-2005, 08:08 PM
skeleton_cru

Every time I see another G I try and say "What's up", but the fawker never looks over at me. Either they are on the phone or it's an older white lady or an Asian lady. I never see anybody that responds.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:50 PM
paolo

i always see this girl that drives a silver coupe everytime I get off work @ geneva ave, sf. I always tried to say hi but never had a chance to.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:57 PM
ieatmangosnaked

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Every time I see another G I try and say "What's up", but the fawker never looks over at me. Either they are on the phone or it's an older white lady or an Asian lady. I never see anybody that responds.
That doesn't mean an asian lady or even a white lady wouldn't say hi back. I'm actually the other way around. I'm an asian lady and try to say what's up to other g35 coupe owners, but once they see me they turn their heads right when I'm about to say hello. haha.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:17 PM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by ieatmangosnaked
That doesn't mean an asian lady or even a white lady wouldn't say hi back. I'm actually the other way around. I'm an asian lady and try to say what's up to other g35 coupe owners, but once they see me they turn their heads right when I'm about to say hello. haha.
Hmmmm, I usually wait to see if they will look over but nothing. Everyone on the road seems to have blinders on these days.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:42 PM
GYAL8R
Cali Event Coordinator

Hmmmmm....I spotted "ONEBADG" on 19th Ave last night.
Homeboy looked familiar with BBS rims..."nice"...didn't look over so I just took off on his a**...but it's all in good fun...

I usually go infront of the guy hit my hazards....see if the guy/gal rolls up next to me and usually at least a nod or what's up...
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 PM
fcordova28

When I used to have my Prelude.....other luders would give the thumbs up when they pass by....i know people in GTI's and WRX's did that too...
Old 03-22-2005, 12:09 AM
Andy77
Registered Member

When I had a less common car, like my Fiat 124 Spyder, we would flash headlights. The manual of the G35 says the xenon headlight life will be "shortened by frequent on-off operation" so it sounds like flashing headlights is a bad idea. I try waving, but that was easier in the Fiat with the top down.
Old 03-22-2005, 01:03 AM
SoCalTed

Peace sign out the window usually works for me.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:08 AM
g35audioman

The last time I said hi to a G coupe owner, he tried to race me. That wasn't my intention, so I didn't race. The guy was probably my age, 21, and he had just bought his car since he had the dealer plates on it. I guess he wanted to see what it could do against another G. Then, when he saw I wasn't racing, he stopped at the next light next to me and said, "you're car is slow!" I was like "is yours a stick?" He responds "no, it's a really fast auto." I shook my head, the light turned green, and I drove off. I guess he had that "I just paid a lot of money so it must be fast" confidence.

No offense to the 5AT owners, but I found it funny that he probably thought his car was faster than mine. I doubt that.
Old 03-22-2005, 02:44 AM
drsifu1

if you're a hot girl and you see a yellow g35 rolling by, the best way to say hi is to flash your t!t$ and your phone number...

sorry, after washing, claybaring, cleaning, polishing and waxing my car this entire day and still having several more hours and all day tomorrow, I'm kind loopy

but yeah...so far a majority of the G35 owners I see on the roads are older asian or white people and when I do meet someone around my age, they think I wanna race them or something.
Old 03-22-2005, 03:05 AM
WRX2G35

Okay so I'm one of the older asian males driving a 2005 sedan. It's Twilight Blue,
tinted windows and freshly installed mudflaps otherwise stock.
Wave at me and I'll wave back, just like when I had a WRX!
Old 03-22-2005, 03:24 AM
skylinelikewhoa

I usually just give the good ol "thumbs up!"

Quick Reply: How to say hi to another G35 driver?