Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

G37 Preformance upgrade Questions

Search this Thread

Old Today | 05:25 AM
CgW13G37X

G37 Preformance upgrade Questions

Hello
Love my G37x. Had it about 6mts now. Current upgrades are DC short ram intake, DC headers, proper cat delete kit, Nedivia cat back exhaust, stoptec calibers & lines, rotors & pads, Z1 oil catch can kit, Pedal Comander.
My questions are. Injectors 550 or 650 & brand? Fuel pump size & brand? Suspension coilovers or lowering springs? Upgrade the swaybars? Dyno & tune worth it? I don't have a AWD dyno or tuner near me there are ones a few hours away. Looking to improve preformance and possibly taking it to an open track day & test & tune at local strip.Considering SC or turbos later on don't have the extra $ for that right now.
Any & all help, info & suggestions will be greatly appreciated. MyG is extremely fun to dive now. I can feel & know it can become more. I've reached the point where I need help on what's next.
Thank you for all help
Old Today | 04:50 PM
dkmura
Registered Member

My suggestion is to upgrade the driver! Learn to drive your G better via a HPDE or autocross. Learn how to threshold brake and carve a late apex through a corner. Develop your ability to feel for the traction limit and how to maximize it. Push your ability to avoid accidents on the road with proper eye placement and reactions.
The following users liked this post:
socketz67 (Today)
Old Today | 07:21 PM
socketz67
Super Moderator

When modifying a car, don’t get too caught up in the destination as the journey is the really satisfying part.

Take your time. Start with exhaust since it’s a bottneck on our cars and delivers satisfaction almost immediately. Research exhaust setups, read some of the articles on Motordyne’s site about diameter and scavenging. Feel good about your decision, then rinse and repeat with the next mod.

If speed alone is your poison, buy a motorcycle as slow motorcycles are faster than most cars.
Old Today | 09:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Lowering springs or coilovers, for sure. However that can be a slippery slope. Stance perfection is difficult, and personal, and expensive.

If in-person dyno tuning isn't in the cards, consider a remote tune process with a respected tuner. There are a bunch of them out there.

Swaybars... hell yes. It's not that expensive, and a relatively easy parts swap. The G37 responds very well to aftermarket sway bars, doesn't really matter the brand. However, once you start finding your car can handle better, that leads to a set of summer-only tires. And lowering your car. And getting LW wheels and brakes. Again, it's a slippery slope.

But yeah, get some swaybars.