Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New 2012 G37S MT owner from the SF Bay Area

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
Jelorian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New 2012 G37S MT owner from the SF Bay Area

Just picked her up recently and will slowly starting doing my due diligence on all the maintenance items. According to the PO, it is all stock except for the 20" Vertini wheels which other than the diameter I don't know any other details. I haven't had time to take them off to see if there are any upgrades to the suspension or any spacers used.

Current tire sizes are 285/30/20 on the rear and 255/35/20 on the front. She definitely will need new tires soon especially with the rain coming soon. I'd like for a better ride as this will be my commuter so are there other tires sizes I could be looking at?

She was garaged kept so exterior is a 9/10 and interior is 9/10 as well.

I've already changed out the cabin filter, interior lights, engine filter and had her detailed.

With just over 93k miles on the clock, I will be doing the following soon so I have my own baseline to work forward from.

-oil and filter
-transmission fluid
-brake fluid
-clutch fluid
-power steering fluid
-rear differential fluid
-transfer case fluid
-spark plugs
-clean throttle body and MAF
-fuel filter
-coolant
-brake pad and rotors checked
-headlight restore
-replace driver side fog light lens (or maybe go aftermarket?) - anyone got a driver side OEM fog light gathering dust?

Am I missing anything or is there something listed that I don't need to do now?

I plan on doing most of the work myself but it would be good to know if there is a go-to Infiniti tech/shop in the greater SF bay area.

I'm stoked to be driving a manual and RWD again and looking forward to all the fun with modding and driving the G. As far as future mods go. I'm thinking Magnaflow exhaust and resonator delete as well as rear bumper diffuser and rear trunk spoiler. Dash cam front and rear and and alarm. Any suggestions on any of those?

BTW, wife drives a 2017 QX50 and after driving my G37S, she says she might want the coupe version so maybe a G or a Q is in our future?

Last edited by Jelorian; Today at 04:38 AM.
Old Today, 09:15 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,724 Likes on 3,529 Posts
Excellent find, and good plans on fluids and maintenance at that mileage. Add to your list a replacement heater hose connector. The OEM plastic connector is known to fail.

I would advise against a resonator delete. The VQ37 can deliver a wonderful exhaust note, but it really needs to be resonated. Unless you like that raspy noise, then have at it.

First mods beyond your maintenance plans... the car responds very well to aftermarket sway bars. And being a 6MT, you should immediately put the RJM Clutch Pedal on your list, along with a STS.

Welcome to the forum!
Old Today, 10:40 AM
socketz67
Super Moderator

Received 283 Likes on 237 Posts
Welcome to the community @Jelorian

Agree with Rochester on the resonator delete. The VQ37VHR doesn't sound good without them. In fact, there are a couple of aftermarket exhausts that add resonation to their offering in order to tune the sound (required if you delete or modify the Cats, which we cannot do here in CA).

If you want a better tone, try a set of Vibrant 1790 resonators as they are much shorter than than the original set on the sedan (they match the length of the resonators on the coupe).

Also, based on where you live, please be careful as someone pirated the Nissan Consult firmware dealers use and ported it to a hardware platform that is cheap and available to anyone. As such, there are people in the Bay (mainly around Oakland and the North Bay) using this platform (plugged into the OBD port) to generate a new key by leverage a special software function only dealers should be able to access. You don't want to know what they are doing to our cars once stolen.

As such, a kill switch and a club should be your first mods.