Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Rate my G

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2022 | 01:48 PM
oneverysleepyG
Premier Member

Talking Rate my G

Heya, new to having an account on the forum. Been waiting until I had some **** done but I've used a lot of feedback on here to make decisions.
I have a 2010 G37x Coupe(Yeah I know awd sucks to mod but I live in a heavy snow area.)
It's a memorial car as my best friend and I both bought VQ's together, and he unfortunately was hit by a tractor trailer In August. I promised myself I'd max out this car for him, so any tips or tricks to make my build better are greatly appreciated.
Here's what I've done.
HKS SS Full Dual Catback with Z1 Test pipes. O2 spacers with a mini cat on the way to fix my codes.
Stillen Gen 3 Long tubes with Performance MAFS.
Drilled and slotted Akebono big brake kit with 18x9.5 +15 RPF1's.
Pedal Commander to fix that common G37x 7AT throttle Lag.
OEM GTR spark plugs, EPS Tuning Rear Gallery Gasket, and swift lowering springs are on the way in the mail.

Exhaust headers are extremely hard to find for the AWD, but I've found some people who have Megan Race headers and I don't feel like going long tube so I'll probably grab some of those to finish up the exhaust.
I'm pushing 305 to the wheels on the Dyno with my current Uprev Tune, Headers will bump me up to 315~320 after it's re-tuned.
Eventually I may build to a supercharger kit, but for now I'm just going to tune up to 330 to the wheels and call it a day for awhile.
Old 03-01-2022 | 03:12 PM
BULL
Moderador

Originally Posted by oneverysleepyG
Heya, new to having an account on the forum. Been waiting until I had some **** done but I've used a lot of feedback on here to make decisions.
I have a 2010 G37x Coupe(Yeah I know awd sucks to mod but I live in a heavy snow area.)
It's a memorial car as my best friend and I both bought VQ's together, and he unfortunately was hit by a tractor trailer In August. I promised myself I'd max out this car for him, so any tips or tricks to make my build better are greatly appreciated.
Here's what I've done.
HKS SS Full Dual Catback with Z1 Test pipes. O2 spacers with a mini cat on the way to fix my codes.
Stillen Gen 3 Long tubes with Performance MAFS.
Drilled and slotted Akebono big brake kit with 18x9.5 +15 RPF1's.
Pedal Commander to fix that common G37x 7AT throttle Lag.
OEM GTR spark plugs, EPS Tuning Rear Gallery Gasket, and swift lowering springs are on the way in the mail.

Exhaust headers are extremely hard to find for the AWD, but I've found some people who have Megan Race headers and I don't feel like going long tube so I'll probably grab some of those to finish up the exhaust.
I'm pushing 305 to the wheels on the Dyno with my current Uprev Tune, Headers will bump me up to 315~320 after it's re-tuned.
Eventually I may build to a supercharger kit, but for now I'm just going to tune up to 330 to the wheels and call it a day for awhile.
Welcome to the Forum, Really interesting to see a pedal commander on a tuned vehicle. What's your experience?
Have you tried disconnecting it after the tune?
Old 03-01-2022 | 04:31 PM
oneverysleepyG
Premier Member

Its amazing, I bought the commander after my tune actually. I've been super frustrated with the transmission in my car as sometimes I could floor it and have it take a whole second or two before any power is even started. I've almost gotten into an accident because I tried to accelerate and nothing happened for a second or so. I found on here its a common issue with the 7AT transmission as its super laggy and this completely fixed it.
Old 03-01-2022 | 05:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

You could have had the tuner tweak your pedal response behavior, but nothing wrong with getting one of those things to play with yourself. I used to have a Sprint Booster on my previous car. It was fun while it lasted. Reality is 90% perception for a lot of things.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 03-01-2022 | 05:19 PM
oneverysleepyG
Premier Member

I'm having Moncef from Admintuning swap my tune out for Ecutek soon, I'll probably mention that to him and see if he can fix it.
Old 03-01-2022 | 05:23 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by oneverysleepyG
I'm having Moncef from Admintuning swap my tune out for Ecutek soon, I'll probably mention that to him and see if he can fix it.
First get it tuned, then circle back and have him adjust the pedal response curve, otherwise that change will overshadow your sense of what the tune brings to the car. Know what I mean?
Old 03-01-2022 | 05:35 PM
oneverysleepyG
Premier Member

Ahh I see, yeah I'll probably do that. I'm also installing the headers and getting my transmission flushed before the tune so It may just be something small making the gear change laggy as well.