Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!
View Poll Results: What mods should I do?
Black out chrome trim around windows
33.33%
Tint
66.67%
Paint Wheels
66.67%
New wheels
66.67%
Paint grill and spoiler black
33.33%
Paint grill and spoiler charcoal metallic
33.33%
lowering springs
100.00%
adjustable coilovers
33.33%
exhaust
100.00%
aero / ground effects
33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

New to MyG37 but not new to Infiniti

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 09:52 AM
BoomerSpeed01
Registered Member

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
New to MyG37 but not new to Infiniti

Hello all. My name is Kyle and I have a 2011 G37x Sedan. I just got it after my coupe was totaled this summer. No I didn't crash it, it was parked and someone just decided they wanted to ram into it... But anyway, I got the sedan because I'm married, have a daughter and a son on the way. I loved my coupe, but with 250k miles on it, it would have needed replaced anyway. I'm liking the Sedan a lot more than I honestly thought I would lol It is much softer, like the suspension is smoother, transmission shifts smoother and just in general the car is quieter. I do appreciate the additional sound deadening they put into the sedans. I just had an axleback on my coupe and it droned a little bit, so in a couple weeks when I get exhaust on my sedan, hopefully the drone will be gone or at least not very bad. I got the car bone stock with just under 100k on it. Exhaust is my first mod because I can't stand how quiet the car is lol I love how the VQ's sound and I wanna hear that exhaust note! I wanted to get a full custom cat-back, but for now I'm just going to do another axleback. Although I do plan to have both the resonators and mufflers replaced with a pair of bullet mufflers. Other than visual mods I'm going to do in the spring, everything else is staying stock until things need replaced. For example, I plan to get coilovers, but not until I need new shocks. Hopefully the control arms last, I got over 200k on the coupe before it needed new arms when the bushings went bad. Well I won't drag on, so that's my story. Let me know your thoughts. I'm open to advice and I'm willing to give advice if anyone needs it. I've seen just about everything on these, and by the way, I love to detail cars, so let me know your detailing questions.

This is just after I got it. Previous owner took pretty good care of it.

First wax, good mirror finish. Needs clay barred in the spring, though.

Don't mind me, I'm just admiring the metallic flake and the reflections lol