Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Convince me...

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2015, 02:33 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Received 257 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by dedmanchan
Well I'm not sure where that car is but I would have taken a damn hard look at it if I had seen it before I signed the papers.

I pushed the dealer pretty hard and walked out the door at $18k. I'm happy but still searching for that third pedal. We'll see how long it takes for me to stop trying to grab my own gears.

Thanks for the info and advice folks!

**** I shouldn't scrolled down further before commenting lol. Nice pickup man. Congrats. You want with the raised ceiling. Nice choice.
Old 09-19-2015, 02:36 PM
dedmanchan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redfire32
I'm willing to bet that you own your own home. Right? You gotta mortgage? Any kids? Planning on having them?
Correct, correct, negative, negative My and kids arent a good idea haha.

But I don't wanna be 50 when I'm driving my dream car. I want to be 30!!!
THIS^

Thanks for backing up my decision. Nice to know I'm not being a total idiot LOL
Old 09-19-2015, 02:39 PM
Ricio1991
Registered Member

Received 113 Likes on 102 Posts
Convince me...

Life is too short to drive boring cars! Have fun and congrats on the buy!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:45 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Correct, correct, negative, negative My and kids arent a good idea haha.

THIS^

Thanks for backing up my decision. Nice to know I'm not being a total idiot LOL
Yes Sir!! Why drive a Honda when you can ride in style!!! I can't imagine life without my G. As for reliability I owned my G35 for 9 years no issues whatsoever. Had my 37 for 1.5 years now and obviously it's been a peach to me as well.

Just a little advice..,really none of my biz....but you might wanna reevaluate your stance on kids. I used to think the same way as you do, but when my sons were born...oh my goodness! Really there's no way to describe it.

I would destroy 50 highly modified G's that I owned and worked on before I let either of my sons break an arm.
Old 09-20-2015, 10:17 AM
dedmanchan

Eh, I appreciate the sentiment. I'm just a tad too selfish at this point. the Gf is immature enough sometimes that I get my fill of having to play Daddy

On another note. Wow, I thought I liked driving my e30. Its been a very long time since I've driven a car that made me want to take the long way around. Just wow. Very happy with my decision despite the MPG haha.
And funny how I never had people in mustangs trying to screw with me on the highway before. This one is apparently a magnet for dumbass kids who want to impress the chick in their passenger seat.
Old 09-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Lol. I can't get anybody to race me. I've had my G for just over a year and I've only smoked like 3-4 rides. But my hot blonde wife, on the other hand, gets to smoke people on the daily! It's bs IMO. I've taken to riding with the top down and the windows up so other drivers can't tell its a guy driving. Hasn't really worked yet tho
Old 09-20-2015, 01:18 PM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
theres absolutely no difference imho in driving your car whether you are in your 50s or 30s...
Old 09-20-2015, 05:10 PM
Redfire32
Ginger ninja

Originally Posted by micafd3s
theres absolutely no difference imho in driving your car whether you are in your 50s or 30s...

No there really isn't. The difference I'm referring to is being able to drive your dream when your 30 rather than waiting until your 50 to be able to afford it.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
im 45, and daily drove an Evo X for 5 years.

the G37 seems like a Cadillac. not used to this "luxury" stuff.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:11 AM
VIVID
Pyroclastic Flow

Received 358 Likes on 277 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
im 45, and daily drove an Evo X for 5 years.

the G37 seems like a Cadillac. not used to this "luxury" stuff.
They are a bit posh.... LOL

Sean
Old 09-29-2015, 09:27 PM
abretz89

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Congrats in the S man. Hearing your shopping experience really makes me happy with the deal I found last month. Happened upon an 08 S coupe w/ 64k miles last month at my credit union. Whenever they have to do a repo they keep it at the branch and try to sell to their customers. Had a sales sheet in the window wth a price of $18k marked down to $15.5 already. When I asked about it they said they really wanted to get rid of it so they can recoup their money. I decided to test them on that and gave a ridiculous lowball of $13k and to my surprise the branch manager called and said if you can sign the paperwork before the end of the day they'd do $13k haha. Couldn't believe my ears and took the rest of the day off work and went and sold my Z to a dealership for $9k. My wife's been wanting me to get rid of the Z since we found out we're having our first kid and this was my answer to that lol. Already ordered the little one a Recaro car seat for when he gets here
Old 09-29-2015, 11:03 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by abretz89
Congrats in the S man. Hearing your shopping experience really makes me happy with the deal I found last month. Happened upon an 08 S coupe w/ 64k miles last month at my credit union. Whenever they have to do a repo they keep it at the branch and try to sell to their customers. Had a sales sheet in the window wth a price of $18k marked down to $15.5 already. When I asked about it they said they really wanted to get rid of it so they can recoup their money. I decided to test them on that and gave a ridiculous lowball of $13k and to my surprise the branch manager called and said if you can sign the paperwork before the end of the day they'd do $13k haha. Couldn't believe my ears and took the rest of the day off work and went and sold my Z to a dealership for $9k. My wife's been wanting me to get rid of the Z since we found out we're having our first kid and this was my answer to that lol. Already ordered the little one a Recaro car seat for when he gets here
Awesome deal, and congrats on the news of your child
Old 09-30-2015, 08:07 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 188 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by VIVID
They are a bit posh.... LOL

Sean

Evo Recaros are 2-way mechanically adjustable (front-to-rear and the seatback). that's IT.
i had to put in longer bolts and shim them up an inch, because even at 6' tall, i still felt like i was sitting in a bathtub. they are very comfortable, though.

G37 sport seats are 12-way power adjustable (also thigh extender), with memory.

i'm still playing with seat controls, trying to find that perfect position.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:01 AM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
.. I can't get anybody to race me.
easy fix red... hit the track
Old 10-01-2015, 01:58 PM
JloG37s

And funny how I never had people in mustangs trying to screw with me on the highway before. This one is apparently a magnet for dumbass kids who want to impress the chick in their passenger seat.
I've spent about 15 mins reading your story and YES! This happens to me all the time since I got my G37s Sedan. From Mini Coopers to typical Civics with BIG MUFFLERS, camaros, mustangs and of course the Germans BMW, audi & Mercs. G37s = Please try me

Quick Reply: Convince me...