Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New member from seattle

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2015, 05:11 PM
Zola_blessed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New member from seattle

hey everyone!
I recently bought a 2008 G37s with 55k miles, I've owned the car for about 6months. My goal is to get new shoes for my car, what would you veterans recommend? My budget just for the rims is $700-850 i wanted to keep the tires I have since the have only been used for about 3k miles(new in my opinion) I want to keep it 19' as the stock. Would this work to transfer the tires to my new rims? Also, what do you guys recommend?
Thanks guys!!!
PS. My G is black.
Old 03-08-2015, 06:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Zola_blessed
hey everyone!
I recently bought a 2008 G37s with 55k miles, I've owned the car for about 6months. My goal is to get new shoes for my car, what would you veterans recommend? My budget just for the rims is $700-850 i wanted to keep the tires I have since the have only been used for about 3k miles(new in my opinion) I want to keep it 19' as the stock. Would this work to transfer the tires to my new rims? Also, what do you guys recommend?
Thanks guys!!!
PS. My G is black.
Welcome to the site. Unfortunately for that wheel budget you won't be able to find rims as good as your current 19s. About the best deal would be on Niche rims, check their website and see if there's a style you like, but will be at least $1000 for set.
SPORT SERIES Wheels - Niche Wheels
Old 03-09-2015, 10:22 AM
Zola_blessed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks man, but do you know if I could use the same tires I have now on my new rims?
Also, do you know the bolt pattern, and all the things I need to know to buy rims that fit my G? I have a 08 G37s
Old 03-09-2015, 02:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Zola_blessed
Thanks man, but do you know if I could use the same tires I have now on my new rims?
Also, do you know the bolt pattern, and all the things I need to know to buy rims that fit my G? I have a 08 G37s
The front 225 width tires are very narrow but can work on rims up to 8.5" wide. The bolt pattern is listed as either 5x114.3 or 5x4.5 you'll also need a new lug nut style if you buy aftermarket wheels, the stock "mag-style" lug nuts only work on factory rims for the most part. Almost all aftermarket wheels require tapered or conical seat lug nuts.

If you have specific wheel questions please post in the wheel folder, we're happy to help
Wheels & Tires - MyG37
Old 03-13-2015, 08:28 PM
properdropper

Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
Wasssssup! nice choice, the obsidian black is def by far the cleanest color no doubt! but SOB to keep clean, very worth it when it is though. As for wheels dude, you really wont get that far with a budget like that unless you find some treasure on craigslist lol you should look into some vossen (even though very overplayed they are very very nice) those will run 400-500 a wheel though. worth it, those are not even all the options you have with the G man. i would think hard about staying 19s or going 20s..... but thats my .02 on that one. Kudos bro !!!