Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

let me try this again :)

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Add Name Here

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
let me try this again :)

I apologize, I realize my other post came off kinda noobish. Hello everyone, I joined back in 2008 as I was interested in an Infiniti. Since then I have been through 3 cars, 2 bikes, and a truck. I still have two toys and my DD and I now need to replace the DD so here I am again. After all these years I still have a desire for an Infiniti. I'm looking to pick one up pretty soon and I was just looking for any advice you all can give me. I'm looking for a 2010-2012 G37S with under 35k miles. I would prefer a manual but the more I search the harder it is to find "the one" in a manual most are automatic. Here is what I've found so far. I know I may have missed a few things but these are the majority of changes I've read. S model has better seats,brakes,rims,suspension,front bumper and LSD

-new front fascia
-new shado trim
-african rosewood replaced by high gloss maple accents
-8 way power seats
-updated console on autos
-rearview camera standard on most models
-ACCS air
-upgraded navi

-new front fascia with fogs in bumper
-new sports package on AWD models
-new navi package
-18-19 inch rims choices
-new sports package (better seats, steering wheel stitching, and aluminum pedals
-new lapis blue color

I am leaning toward either black or white, must be a coupe and have the sports package. I'd also like the navigation. Prefer a manual but its not a deal breaker. Thanks for reading and I appreciate and welcome any input to help me make the right choice.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:21 PM
Add Name Here

really? nothing?
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by Add Name Here
really? nothing?
Like you mentioned, finding a G37 S coupe 6MT is a tougher find. IMO both are a great choice so it comes down to what's available in a reasonable search area. Obviously the 2011 will have more time on the warranty so something to consider. If you can find a 2011 at a price that you're willing to pay I'd jump on it, might have better luck w/ a 2010 since there's a better chance finding a slightly older one.
Good luck w/ your car hunting, let us know how it goes. And welcome to the site!
Old 04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Add Name Here

Originally Posted by blnewt
Like you mentioned, finding a G37 S coupe 6MT is a tougher find. IMO both are a great choice so it comes down to what's available in a reasonable search area. Obviously the 2011 will have more time on the warranty so something to consider. If you can find a 2011 at a price that you're willing to pay I'd jump on it, might have better luck w/ a 2010 since there's a better chance finding a slightly older one.
Good luck w/ your car hunting, let us know how it goes. And welcome to the site!
Thank you very much for the reply and advice! Was there anything significant changed in 2012? I will deffinetly post some pics when I find her.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
really? nothing?
Welcome to the forum!!!!

I hope that makes you feel a little better.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:46 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Thank you very much for the reply and advice! Was there anything significant changed in 2012? I will deffinetly post some pics when I find her.
Not sure on the coupe side but no significant differences in the sedans so I doubt anything noteworthy regarding the coupes.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:25 AM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 590 Likes on 494 Posts
When buying mine, I was able to find a few used 6mt coupes to test drive, but no sedans. While waiting for my ordered sedan to arrive, I set up an alert with autotrader for the 6mt sedan. During the several month wait, only one showed up in the entire chicago market. While the drivetrain is the similar (identical?) between the coupe and sedans (6mt), the handling was different. The sedan came with 18" wheels and slightly different dimensions.

In the end, I still would of gone with 4dr because I need the extra space.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Add Name Here

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Welcome to the forum!!!!

I hope that makes you feel a little better.
Actually yes it does thank you!

Originally Posted by blnewt
Not sure on the coupe side but no significant differences in the sedans so I doubt anything noteworthy regarding the coupes.
Ok i didn't think so and that should save me a little cash, again thank you!

Originally Posted by Jsolo
When buying mine, I was able to find a few used 6mt coupes to test drive, but no sedans. While waiting for my ordered sedan to arrive, I set up an alert with autotrader for the 6mt sedan. During the several month wait, only one showed up in the entire chicago market. While the drivetrain is the similar (identical?) between the coupe and sedans (6mt), the handling was different. The sedan came with 18" wheels and slightly different dimensions.

In the end, I still would of gone with 4dr because I need the extra space.
That's the thing I've been going to lots of different sites looking. I'm using the "any distance from my zip code" button and at first its like 200+ available but then after I use the filter to get down to what I'm looking for there are only like 16 and 14-15 of them are autos and the manual has too many miles. This will be my DD so an auto is fine. I will keep it stock but I do want to do a few minor cosmetic changes like maybe headlights/taillights, wheels, slight drop and maybe a different front bumper just to give her a little extra sexiness. These cars look really nice with simple changes. If I want to snap my neck back, I'll just go out to the garage. Thanks for the reply!