Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

BMW 330ci to 2010 G37s

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM
samrich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 330ci to 2010 G37s

Hi over the last few weeks I have been going back and forth between the BMW 335i vs. the Infiniti G37s (sedans). Coming from a BMW it was somewhat difficult to leave the brand and switch to Infiniti. However, I finally decided on the Infiniti G37s this weekend for a few reasons.

1. Even though I feel that the BMW felt a little more refined than the G, the G was not that far off and handled great.

2. Longterm, I feel that the maintenance will be much better on the Infiniti once it is out of warranty than on the BMW (I have heard horror stories about the HPFP issues in the 335i)

3. Got the G-Sport maxed out with all the options (I love the technology on this thing!) w/36k miles for a great price, the BMW's that I looked at in the same price range had almost twice as much miles. From a financial perspective it was a no brainer.

Final thoughts:

I am new to Infiniti but have been reading about the G37s for weeks and expect this car to give me years of driving pleasure. I still think that the BMW would have given me greater driving pleasure but factoring trips to the dealership for maintenance related issues might offset that. The only hangup that I have and this is extremely frivolous that I almost hate to say it but I was parking a family members Nissan Sentra and she has the same key fob as my Infinity, lol. Anyways, I have high expectations for the brand and hope this turns into a long-term relationship.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM
Diesel350

How much did you end up paying for your g37s sedan?
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 54 Likes on 26 Posts
Welcome to MyG37! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your ride as much as many of us have!

A few, relatively inexpensive upgrades such as suspension and sway/strut bars may have you favoring the handling quite a bit more as well!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:02 PM
samrich

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Welcome to MyG37! Congratulations and I hope you enjoy your ride as much as many of us have!

A few, relatively inexpensive upgrades such as suspension and sway/strut bars may have you favoring the handling quite a bit more as well!
The car handles very well however the bmw is more comfortable and refined during everyday driving but then is very planted when it gets into the twisties. It somehow balances sport and luxury together whereas the G37s is more sport, it does not quite have this balance down yet. I first noticed this when I went from my S2000 to the 330ci Z Germans just know how to make great handling cars. But like said overall the G is going to be the better car for me at this time so I will learn to love it.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:40 PM
FerrerG37

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to the community, any pics of the G? I've owned an IPL for about two months now and i have no regrets buying an Infiniti. Minor dislikes such as the key fob due to it being the same to Nissan's key fob and some plastic materials in the interior but nothing major.

As Chi-City-G mentioned adding a good pair of sway bars will keep the car planted through the corners. I would recommend either Hotchkis or Cusco Sways, they retail for about $450-700. I will be installing Hotchkis sway bars next month.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
JohnsVert

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new G
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
samrich

23k and some change
Old 03-26-2013, 02:38 PM
samrich

Thanks everyone for welcoming me. Does Infiniti have a owners club like BMW?
Old 03-26-2013, 03:02 PM
Diesel350

Originally Posted by samrich
23k and some change
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got a good deal. What were they asking? I am currently shopping for a 2010/11 model and I'm seeing asking prices in the $27k-$31k range for that mileage.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM
Yan141

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Good picked and start modding. Welcome to MyG37........
Old 03-26-2013, 11:19 PM
samrich

Originally Posted by Diesel350
Thanks for the info. Sounds like you got a good deal. What were they asking? I am currently shopping for a 2010/11 model and I'm seeing asking prices in the $27k-$31k range for that mileage.
It was a true price dealership so I did not negotiate the price. When I saw what the market price was and what I was getting it for, I took the rest of the day off, sped down to the dealer and scooped up my new to me baby!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:47 AM
unstealthyNinja

That was an incredible price, was it wrecked previously or something? If not, way to go! And even if so, still a deal. Now go enjoy it!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:45 AM
samrich

Originally Posted by unstealthyNinja
That was an incredible price, was it wrecked previously or something? If not, way to go! And even if so, still a deal. Now go enjoy it!
No wreck, it was traded into a Volvo dealership by an older couple for a Volvo SUV, I am not sure if the dealership knew what they had on their hands. It appears that the couple did a lot of highway driving because their are a few rock chips in pain on the bumper, hood, and fenders,but you can only see it if you look real close. I am a perfectionist. No dents or dings whatsoever though car was very well taken care of. I will get those rock chips taken care of asap. It still had the window sticker in the glove box, has Illuminated Kick Plates, Premium Package, Sport Package, Navigation Package and first aid kit. Every day I am starting to like this car more and more. I am glad I found it or I would have ended up with a BMW 335i and know all the service technicians on a first name basis.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:47 PM
Scoobykim

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
Welcome to the switch! I also switched from my 528 to my G37, partially because my parents. But loving the car!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:54 PM
unstealthyNinja

Originally Posted by samrich
No wreck, it was traded into a Volvo dealership by an older couple for a Volvo SUV, I am not sure if the dealership knew what they had on their hands.
Somebody lost some money on that car, lol, either the couple or the dealership. Way to go on that steal; if I had seen it listed I'd have done the same thing you did. Congratulations, pat yourself on the back, and drive the mess out of it.

Quick Reply: BMW 330ci to 2010 G37s