Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Former Infiniti owner coming back...

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 PM
AroundTheG37
Registered Member

Received 223 Likes on 161 Posts
Just go 20's man, you won't be sorry.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:35 PM
Sarcastik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AroundTheG37
Just go 20's man, you won't be sorry.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:59 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarcastik
What about 21 inch rims? I heard somewhere that they are pain because they are less common so tires cost more or something, but if you guys give me your permission then it might be an acceptable compromise? *crossing fingers*
I laughed. You're a good sport, man.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Why limit yourself to 22" wheels? Go bigger!!!

Why not 24"? Then you can be classy like this ride:
Name:  104-3.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  112.1 KB
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8HVR7vjDq1k?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 07-18-2012, 11:24 PM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
^^ That hurts to even look at...
Old 07-19-2012, 01:57 AM
Sarcastik

It all honesty I more likely than not I will be getting 20s, but to condemn people for 22s is more than a bit harsh. The car is designed to come with 19s from the factory (yes it can be had with 18s, but we all know they like ****) so really you're going 1.5 inches larger in total diameter...the things that you say about people who want to go bigger is just insane. Calling it a monster truck or saying they will be banned from the forum or saying they need to go buy a cadillac or sarcastically posting pictures of people in florida who put 28s on it...its a friggin inch in a half and it actually fits quite flush with no suspension mods required...

I've actually scoured this entire forum looking for some of the best rides for inspiration and while I've seen some really dope ones, I've seen some hideous ones too...I mean really hideous just the oddest color combinations and tacky aftermarket paint the worst DIY modding ever that had me thinking you spent 30k+ on a car just to treat it like it was a 97 honda accord. I don't want to call anyone out specifically, but the worst offenders I saw was this ridiculous nose body kit monstrosity that looks like it extends the front of the G by a good six inches and has this huge square grill that look silly times 10. The worst thing about this kit is that no matter how hard you squint it still doesn't even remotely begin to look like it belongs there and so many people here have it and post pictures with pride! (I know you guys know the kit I'm talking about...)

Like I said I'm not trying to call anyone out, I'm just saying there are a ton of worse modding offenders HERE than people with 22s. Car people are a strange bunch we all love to mod and sometimes modding your car is like cocaine you're having such a great time doing it that you don't realize how you look to the rest of the world...little do you know you're a complete mess but you look in the mirror think you've never looked better....
Old 07-19-2012, 09:59 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

This thread does not fail to provides the lolz. It is Black Betty approved.

OP I see you live in Oakland. I know it's a big place but do you by any chance know Bubb Rubb?
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Nnzw_i4YmKk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Seraphix

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Lol @ BB, always providing some entertainment, your alright dude... OP you sound stressed, look its a public forum and opinions are like.... Everyone has one, as the saying goes. With that being said, a lot of folks on here have seen it all and have a lot of experience with these cars. You have to take that into consideration as well. You cant please everyone, but making an educated decision on mods is highly recommended. 22's aren't my cup of tea, specialy on a sport coupe, but don't think I don't get criticism on my mods... It's just the name of the game.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:47 AM
DashKid
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome. I would get a G if you like it that much. Or if you like the G why don't you drive your wife's car and ask her if she wants a different car. So that you can drive two different cars if you wanted.

Ask her if she likes Audi or BMW. If she does then you can have either a 335i or an s5 =).
Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM
Sarcastik

Actually BB I have met that guy a few times he's a friend of my brother. Actually a really funny guy and more normal than the interview would make him appear. He was on Tosh.0 last week and he really knows how to play for the camera...his episode was hilarious...

Originally Posted by Seraphix
Lol @ BB, always providing some entertainment, your alright dude... OP you sound stressed, look its a public forum and opinions are like.... Everyone has one, as the saying goes. With that being said, a lot of folks on here have seen it all and have a lot of experience with these cars. You have to take that into consideration as well. You cant please everyone, but making an educated decision on mods is highly recommended. 22's aren't my cup of tea, specialy on a sport coupe, but don't think I don't get criticism on my mods... It's just the name of the game.
I hear you, its all in fun. I appreciate all the info I've gotten from this forum and I'm sure everyone will be pleasantly surprised with my car once I get it. I've been working on the mod list and making decisions everyday and its almost ready...just gotta buy it!

Originally Posted by DashKid
Welcome. I would get a G if you like it that much. Or if you like the G why don't you drive your wife's car and ask her if she wants a different car. So that you can drive two different cars if you wanted.

Ask her if she likes Audi or BMW. If she does then you can have either a 335i or an s5 =).
No. We don't do Audi or BMW. First of all you have to get a 6 series or A5 coupe to get anything that looks as slick as the G37 (costing you 20k more) THEN you have to deal with those ridiculous maintenance costs. We aren't broke, but we aren't rich either. We just bought our first home and my wife's G is at 75k miles and we've appreciated the fact that we haven't had to do any maintenance on it in 4 years. Yes, we've come to terms with the fact that we are going to have 2 G37 coupes in the same garage (first in the forum I believe), but hers is stock so that gives me all the more intensive to take mine to the moon in terms of modifications.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Actually BB I have met that guy a few times he's a friend of my brother. Actually a really funny guy and more normal than the interview would make him appear. He was on Tosh.0 last week and he really knows how to play for the camera...his episode was hilarious...
I knew it!

Saw that episode. But not this week's episode because I have DirecTv and they cannot play nice with Viacom so no comedy central for now.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:13 PM
DashKid
Banned

No. We don't do Audi or BMW. First of all you have to get a 6 series or A5 coupe to get anything that looks as slick as the G37 (costing you 20k more) THEN you have to deal with those ridiculous maintenance costs. We aren't broke, but we aren't rich either. We just bought our first home and my wife's G is at 75k miles and we've appreciated the fact that we haven't had to do any maintenance on it in 4 years. Yes, we've come to terms with the fact that we are going to have 2 G37 coupes in the same garage (first in the forum I believe), but hers is stock so that gives me all the more intensive to take mine to the moon in terms of modifications.
I see. Not sure where you got the maintenance cost out the roof but good luck.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Twysted37

When your wife sees your mods, she'll want the exact same ones!

Then you'll have twins in the garage...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
Old 07-19-2012, 03:51 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
...but hers is stock so that gives me all the more intensive to take mine to the moon in terms of modifications.
You might actually hit the moon if you put it on 22s...

(You left the door open. It was too easy... )