Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

My new 2011 G37 Coupe!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2011, 04:11 AM
potatoes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My new 2011 G37 Coupe!

I've been wanting one of these for about 2 years now and I finally got!

Before the pics, I want to ask some questions (yes, I've search, but if someone would like to chip in I'd like some advice just to make sure I've gathered all the right info):

1. The G37 coupe has a "black" liner behind the handle. From my knowledge, this is supposed to be touch sensitive. This would theoretically mean I dont have to touch the rubber button on the handle or on the keyfob to open the door. But from searching the forums, the coupe is known to NOT have this feature. What is the black part behind the handle for?

2. 2 threads I've visited over and over in the last 2 years of lurking is DrJone's Forgestar F14 thread, and G37Sam's thread when he finally "grew a pair of *****" to lower his car. I, too, have never lowered a car. No idea what negative camber is, "tucking in" or what-have-you (yes, I've looked, but still dont quite understand it). It might seem dumb for me to want to lower my car, but I do. I love the looks.

-I dont want to be "slammed", just low enough to clear the gap between the tires and body. I basically want my car's stance to look exactly like DrJone's. Price isn't an issue. Eibach Pro Kit seems to be the popular choice, but could anyone give me an exact list of EVERYTHING I need? Camber kits..etc etc. Basically, if price wasn't an issue, what would you get for your car in regards to suspension?

3. Spacers: Are they secure? Do they..slip? Any known cons to having them? Which ones to recommend?

4. Some info is I'll basically be getting the 19" Forgestar F14 for the coupe, in the exact spec that DrJones got them.

Anyways, here are the pics:

Old 10-29-2011, 05:38 AM
G.riDeR

1. no clue what ur talking about lol
2. im not expert but to simply put, when you lower ur car, your wheels go like this /__\ (inward/"tucked in"). u need camber kit to put it back to specs. and no it's not dumb to lower it, our cars are meant to have this look xD. sometimes it hurts to look good. (you'll learn to live with it). if price isn't an issues. get coils.. preferably KW V3 or HKS. top of the line. i myself love my kws! and a lot of members here will agree. depending on how low you go, you'll wanna run a camber kit. some may say you don't need it but its good to have it.
3. depending on what kinda wheels u get, you may or may not need the spacers. but from my experience, if you're getting aftermarket wheels, get it right the first time so that you don't need spacers. if not, anything above 20mm spacers will have some kind of vibration at some point. :/
4. don't know what the specs are but like i said above.

lastly... nice color choice! enjoy!
Old 10-29-2011, 07:19 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Yes I did grow a pair and lower my car, I even put a front lip kit, side skirts and lower sitting exhaust pipes. Ran out of ***** afterwards

Cars with multi-link suspensions normally develop negative camber as you lower them which combined with poor alignment settings can induce uneven wear on your tires. A camber kit can be used to return your wheels back to spec. Do you really need them though?

If you only want to lower your car (and while many forum members would disagree with me) then I wouldn't waste my money on coilovers. Eibach Springs offer a nice and modest drop IMO.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:19 PM
P Casey
Premier Member

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
congrats mang
Old 10-29-2011, 08:54 PM
A_Palaroan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
happy modding!
Old 10-31-2011, 08:21 PM
JJsBusaRox