Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New Here - have misc. questions on G37 sedan

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 11:01 AM
soops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Here - have misc. questions on G37 sedan

I'm new here and would like to ask few questions hope someone can chime in (G37 sedan). I'm looking at a G37 sedan with premium package.

1. Has anyone with baby car seat (front facing) experience any issue installing the seat in the middle. There are 3 top anchors, two on each side but the middle anchor is actually offset to one side which may make it a problem installing the seat in the middle (crooked).

2. I'm reading posts about car not being able to draw outside air thru vents. What I meant is when the A/C is off and the outside air is selected, people can't feel outside air comes thru the vents. Is this noticeable?

3. On the gas cover (not gas cap) I noticed there is no inside release latch, so is this mean there is no way to lock it when the car is lock?

Thank you for taking the time to read (hopefully answer) my post.

-soops.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:55 AM
JJsBusaRox

Welcome Aboard! The sedan folks should chime in soon. On my coupe, when you lock the car, it also locks the gas cover.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:05 PM
DadsTaxi

Soops, to answer your questions

1. I didn't have any issues installing my car seat in the middle. I think that will more depend on the car seat design though, I was able to use the LATCH anchors. It did cause a small issue when I had 2 people on either side of the seat though.

2. As far as outside air, it doesn't draw much unless you put the fan on, unless you are at freeway speeds, then it's a bit better. I usually use the fan when drawing in air.

3. As JJ mentioned, when you lock the car, it also locks the gas cap cover. If the car is unlocked, so is the gas cap cover.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2011, 10:31 PM
_ant_

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
welcome to the forum man

i was going to answer #3 but DadsTaxi already did
Old 10-14-2011, 11:15 AM
soops

thank you. finally received delivery late yesterday. very proud to finally step up to an infiniti. bought it for my wife but it's looking like i'm going to drive it for awhile!!

yes, the sales guy went over the gas cover thing.

this morning commute wasn't hot enough to turn on A/C but i did as dadstaxi mentioned and it was no big deal, just not use to have to do that. i'm thinking it's due to zero lift design where most air goes over the vehicle.

haven't had a chance to install the car seat yet. still prefer to install in the middle so i will see how to adjust the car seat anchor where it will not tilt.

oh..i know i'm speaking to the choir, but the car is such a blast to drive! so glad we pick this over the others.