Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Need advice on the mods for my g37s coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 12:36 PM
hispeed-lowdrag
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You CAN get to the filters by just removing the radiator cover, and you can take off the grille if it's too tight. As per Stillen the filters only need to be changed/re-oiled ever 50,000 miles
Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
Greg Lecewicz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
categorizing tuning levels

Originally Posted by jarborn1
Have you searched at all? There are people who have gobs of dyno sheets for exactly what you just said. Some people who did just intakes, then some people who did intakes and exhaust, then some people who did intake exhaust and hfc's or tp's, then some people who did headers, intakes, exhaust and hfc's or tp's. Then on top of that a bunch of people with twin turbo's..

Within all of these threads they spoke about the tuning, problems, benefits etc..

My point is to strictly outline the categories and put together a comparison of them with the ultimate results in each category. F.E. To be in a basic category you install intake, exhaust etc and this is going to put you within a certain horsepower gain. Document this by getting responses from several cases with the same components to prove the results. I know people have as you said gobs of dynos etc. We should come up with an essence so we can speed up the decision making process. Right now the search at any blog site is very chaotic. You can spend days listening and comparing and it is still a trial and error in a lot of cases. What I'm saying it would be like going to the store and asking for a package that would give you 15hp, 50hp or 200hp extra guaranteed results no placebo effect.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:59 PM
WhiteAWDcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice writeup...more power then any of stillens? no tweaks with the programing? CEL's?
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Np. I saw the Stillen Gen 3 came up, here's another choice, one that I decided to go with:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-...-dyno-fun.html

I also have the Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. Another crowd favorite for handling.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:10 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks. No tweaks with programming and no CEL.

I cannot speak for power comparison to Stillens since I don't have first hand experience with them but a lot of members have noticed pretty decent gains with the Stillens too.