Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

Thinking of trading my evo 9 mr for a G37s

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 05:09 AM
q8_evo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gokou
I had an Evo 8 before I traded it for the G. I definitely miss driving that car. The sound of the turbo spooling and that low end torque that puts your back against the seat when the turbo kicks in is fun as hell.

thats what i dont want to hear lol
Old 09-09-2008, 05:11 AM
q8_evo

about the IS350 .. i was thinking if the IS-F is worth it or not

I have alot of thikning to do .. i looked over the 135 and it looks ugly compared to the other BMWs

I saw G37S today in school and it was fine .. not feeling the brake kit on it
Old 09-09-2008, 10:14 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Dont do it! You'll miss the Evo if you do. Ive had a few friends trade in their modded Evo's and regretted it. Just my 2cents! Coming from a fellow Evo owner too!
Old 09-10-2008, 03:22 AM
q8_evo

mehhh i cant make up my mind

any FI 37S yet?
Old 09-10-2008, 09:35 AM
Roseyhebert

I am a girl so I will ask a girl question. Is that a front mount cooler on the Evo?

As for the car debate. G37s FTW! The lexus is gay, the BMW is gayer.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by q8_evo

any FI 37S yet?
we are just finishing up one here at the shop. Put down very high numbers
Old 09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by roseyhebert
I am a girl so I will ask a girl question. Is that a front mount cooler on the Evo?

As for the car debate. G37s FTW! The lexus is gay, the BMW is gayer.
Yes, they come with them from the factory, although that one is aftermarket.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:51 AM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by q8_evo

any FI 37S yet?
To be completely honest with you, I hate EVO's. I think they are ricer kid cars, reminds me of an SRT-4 on Beefcake (Being that Mitsubishi is owned by Daimler-Chrysler). If you are in the street-racing scene, don't trade it in. The G is not as quick as a modded EVO 9, though I'm sure with some money spent on the G, you will have a raging beast.

If your into comfort and looks but not too much power = A5. That is a beautiful car. If you are into looks and want a bit of boost and power and don't care for the price, get the 335i, as you can get >400HP with a tune (Juicebox) that cost under $375. If you want a luxury car with a nice amount of power for a great price, get the G37. If you want to top all of the above, just drop TT on the G37 and you have an unmatched monster.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DdotRoq
To be completely honest with you, I hate EVO's. I think they are ricer kid cars, reminds me of an SRT-4 on Beefcake (Being that Mitsubishi is owned by Daimler-Chrysler). If you are in the street-racing scene, don't trade it in. The G is not as quick as a modded EVO 9, though I'm sure with some money spent on the G, you will have a raging beast.

If your into comfort and looks but not too much power = A5. That is a beautiful car. If you are into looks and want a bit of boost and power and don't care for the price, get the 335i, as you can get >400HP with a tune (Juicebox) that cost under $375. If you want a luxury car with a nice amount of power for a great price, get the G37. If you want to top all of the above, just drop TT on the G37 and you have an unmatched monster.

lol! I think your viewpoint of Evos shows your knowlege of the car. Its hardly a ricer kid car meant for street racing. They are unmatched in time attack and road racing. The Evo was never designed for straight line speed, although it is very easy to obtain nice power from it. The car was designed to take turns at incredibly fast speeds while being able to control the car. Agreed, it is hardly a luxury car, but very far from a ricer car.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

To add to the above. The Evo is more of a in your face car. Its not a very pretty car, but very aggressive. Its not very luxurious, but very functional.

The G37 is a beautiful and luxurious car. Its added benefit is that it is also very sporty and very quick. With the right amount of money spend on it, it will also prove to be a very capable car.

Stock for stock you have to weigh what you want out of the car, more luxury or more function. (to keep myself from getting bashed, I am in no way saying the 37 is not capable, just not as capable stock for stock when compared to the Evo)

Last edited by Ryan@Forged; 09-10-2008 at 11:26 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:28 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What the??? Are you serious Ryan?????? Stock for stock a G37 will BLOW THE DOORS OFF OF AN EVO!!! On the street and on the track!!! LEAVE IT IN THE DUST!!!!

Just Kidding... I'd love a IX to throw around a track...
Old 09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

lol, had me going for a second. I was like....oh God here comes the flaming! Seriously though, this is comparing 2 of the best reasonably priced cars on the market. You really cant go wrong with either car.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:40 PM
q8_evo

thanks for the input ryan.. are u the same shop that is on my350z.com?

if u dont mind.. how much u putting down on dyno? Turbo size? and how is it tuned?

any chance of introducing Meth Kits (Snow, Aquamist, etc) on g37
Old 09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

Yes sir, we are the same shop on my350z.com.

Im putting down 533.5 on the Dynamics Dyno on low boost (27psi) The tuning is not done yet, but its safe for the time being. I have dyno charts listed in a different thead here. I believe it would be very close or above 600 on a dynojet. Im using a 37R on a AMS built 2.3RR motor. I have the HKS Fcon Vpro for tuning. We plan to tune it for 42-43psi on high boost. Im hoping for around or above 750ish on a standard reading dynojet. I believe thats around 620ish on the dynamics.

I think you will see some meth kits come out in the future for the g37, but I dont know of any that are currently out right now. As soon as a kit is available on the market Im sure we will be doing them. Give it just a little more time and you will see many more parts out for the 37.
Old 09-10-2008, 02:53 PM
Ryan@Forged
Former Sponsor

here is the dyno graph. Page 2 half way down.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...=184802&page=2

Quick Reply: Thinking of trading my evo 9 mr for a G37s