Newbie Corner New Members Corner! - If you're new to MyG37.com, please take a moment to check in, introduce yourself and show us your G37!

New Member; considering trade up from Acura TL to G37S

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 12:54 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I've been thinkin about it recently... If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten the G. The G is certainly THE BEST bang for the buck, but I kinda wish I would have gotten something else. Like maybe waited for the IS-F or something.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Igor911

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
I've been thinkin about it recently... If I could do it all over again, I wouldn't have gotten the G. The G is certainly THE BEST bang for the buck, but I kinda wish I would have gotten something else. Like maybe waited for the IS-F or something.
Are you kidding me...the IS-F? You're talking about another 25-30k more in MSRP...and the car is in a completely different class from the G coupe.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Igor911
Are you kidding me...the IS-F? You're talking about another 25-30k more in MSRP...and the car is in a completely different class from the G coupe.
Who ever said the other options I was considering were in the same class??? I was considering everything from a Nissan Titan, Lexus IS350, G37S to a Porsche Cayman, Infiniti M45, Infiniti QX56 and many others after selling my G35. I could have afforded the IS-F. Money isn't a problem my friend.

Why did I get the G37S when I could have gotten the others? As I said... Best Bang for the Buck. When I was deliberating with myself on what to get, I couldn't justify spending more when the G37 is definitely a nice car. So yes, now I do regret (to a certain extent) not waiting on some other options. I kinda rushed into the G37, but overall I'm still happy.

And no, an IS-F is not 25-30k more than G37S. The MSRP on my G37S was $46k. An IS-F with similar equipment has an MSRP around $62k. That's a small 16k considering and considering some mods I've done to the G37, the difference I would have paid is likely a meager few thousand dollars.

Last edited by Blackjack; 09-10-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Nighthawk26

I am in the middle of the exact change. Loaded 05 TL, going to a Loaded 08 G37. Know the sales manager so the deal is far too good to pass up, I've got an MR2 as well and am on those forums, so I'll keep a look out for lots of tips and secrets here. TL goes back on Oct 10th, likely take delivery on the 37 same day. I'm thinking the White... anyone with other opinions? BTW, I'm in Canada so our cars are packaged differently.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:38 AM
bunluvsvw

G37 all the way dude, TLs just an overpriced accord. G37 looks way better, do you see old folks driving a G37? How about old folks driving a TL? lol
Old 09-15-2008, 07:58 AM
Nightfox.Tech

Thanks guys, still haven't made the move yet..
I might be over thinking it. Try to keep the TL as well...Wife's not really buying it lol
Old 09-16-2008, 03:35 AM
G37nS2K

im telling you... do not leave the Honda or own both like me
Old 09-16-2008, 03:46 AM
G37nS2K

Originally Posted by Blackjack

may i guess why? i felt the same ever since i drove that 40 miles to home from dealer but when i realized that the G is just one of the cars out there. it was too late to take my signature back on the auto loan.

maybe that is why im kind of hating the G that i made one of the biggest mistake on purchasing the G.

i wish i would have waited there are so many options

like you said IS-F, M3, S2000 CR, cayman S etc!
i know their price is a lot more than the G except the S2000. everyone over here always says the G is best bang for its buck. not saying everyone but lot of people. that is the fact that i hate.
i should not have settled down because of the price!!!!
all of those cars above seems like they have their own unique characteristic.

but G? when i look at the G, all i can think of it is that it is just one nice car.
i really do wish if i can ever go back to the day i went to infiniti dealer..... i really do

and please take my advice accordingly.. im really biased im coming from 3 S2000s previously, but i was impressed with E46 and cayman S when i drove those two cars during my s2k ownership. .. but think again..... i wish there will not be someone regretting to death after they get their G...

my car was 42000. with that amount of money i SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE USED NSX.
I REALLY SHOULD HAVE

Last edited by G37nS2K; 09-16-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:23 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
i love your posts almost as much as krazy Js.. ^
Old 09-16-2008, 05:46 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
i love your posts almost as much as krazy Js.. ^
ahahahahaha I forgot all about Krazy J i miss him kept stuff interesting and the baned list was always growing with him around
Old 09-16-2008, 09:17 AM
Nightfox.Tech

lol Where's Krazy J?

Yea G37&S2K, this is the same reason I'm thinking of getting rid of the TL, I never really liked it, went crazy on it this year hoping it would help and it just made it worse.

Wife wants me to get a S2K, but I want an update and so far it doesn't look like we'll get one. I'd really like to keep the TL only cause I know the next car will be all over the country on Road tracks...I wanted to build a Porsh killer, but right now the G is far from that...
Old 09-16-2008, 04:31 PM
G37nS2K

Originally Posted by Nightfox.Tech
lol Where's Krazy J?

Yea G37&S2K, this is the same reason I'm thinking of getting rid of the TL, I never really liked it, went crazy on it this year hoping it would help and it just made it worse.

Wife wants me to get a S2K, but I want an update and so far it doesn't look like we'll get one. I'd really like to keep the TL only cause I know the next car will be all over the country on Road tracks...I wanted to build a Porsh killer, but right now the G is far from that...
if you want to build a track car... G is certainly not a car for you.

you will hate body roll in G
Old 09-16-2008, 09:05 PM
gthal

Originally Posted by G37nS2K
if you want to build a track car... G is certainly not a car for you.

you will hate body roll in G
You might be right but unless you want to drive something so stiff that you can't take bumps you will have body roll. The G has far LESS body roll than the BMW 335i I recently test drove. I guess it is all about expections...
Old 09-17-2008, 02:47 AM
shrpshtr
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G37nS2K
may i guess why? i felt the same ever since i drove that 40 miles to home from dealer but when i realized that the G is just one of the cars out there. it was too late to take my signature back on the auto loan. did u test drive the car first???

maybe that is why im kind of hating the G that i made one of the biggest mistake on purchasing the G.why is that??

i wish i would have waited there are so many options

like you said IS-F, M3, S2000 CR, cayman S etc!these are $60k cars, how can u compare them to the $40k G???
i know their price is a lot more than the G except the S2000s2k is a roadster..G is a GTcoupe. everyone over here always says the G is best bang for its buck. Yes it is.. not saying everyone but lot of people. that is the fact that i hate.Why hate??
i should not have settled down because of the price!!!!You're the one who didn't want to pay the $100 extra for the 335..
all of those cars above seems like they have their own unique characteristic.

but G? when i look at the G, all i can think of it is that it is just one nice car.
i really do wish if i can ever go back to the day i went to infiniti dealer..... i really doWht other $40k car out there that offers what the G offers??

and please take my advice accordingly.. im really biased im coming from 3 S2000s previously, but i was impressed with E46 and cayman S again...$60k cars!!when i drove those two cars during my s2k ownership. .. but think again..... i wish there will not be someone regretting to death after they get their G...

my car was 42000. with that amount of money i SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN THE USED NSX.A USED CAR??? I DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT!!!
I REALLY SHOULD HAVE
Well my friend....you should have!!!