NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Mozilla Firefox

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 01:23 PM
LEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GeeMan
You're not crazy LEK. Firefox does freeze on this site off and on. It did it to me just this morning and has done it many many times. I use it on my Mac. I just shut it down and restart it. If I go back to G35Driver it's like I never visited when I got to get new posts. An annoyance but not enough to jump off a bridge over.

I use IE on my Windows machines merely for compatibility and speed.

^^ thats exactly what happens to me!! man..this sucks...how do i get the new IE? i heard there was a beta version out or something.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:24 PM
startertan

Originally Posted by LEK
dude...seriously you're useless.
WTF?!?! Somebody's got attitude issues. I told you exactly how to do it. Those are the steps you need to do to clear the cache. Read boyo...read.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:27 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by startertan
WTF?!?! Somebody's got attitude issues. I told you exactly how to do it. Those are the steps you need to do to clear the cache. Read boyo...read.
dude i already did that and said it doesn't work. anyways...some help you are!! fing turbinE wearing f@g
Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 PM
nmanti

Yea FF does become a resource hog after a while, I'm not sure why. Closing and opening the program does tend to help. Although not everything in memory gets cleared when you restart the app, so I don't think thats the problem.

If you REALLY don't like the bugginess of FF I'd recommend going with Netscape over IE, but thats just my 2c. I personally like alot of the customization and add on stuff that FF supports.

The price you pay...
Old 05-11-2006, 02:06 PM
terryw

there seems to be memory leaks in firefox that causes it to slow down. even if its just left running for long periods of time, it tend to grab more memory and more over time.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:47 PM
startertan

Originally Posted by LEK
dude i already did that and said it doesn't work.
Then you suck.

Originally Posted by LEK
anyways...some help you are!! fing turbinE wearing f@g
Stop stealing my line which I stole from you!!!
Old 05-11-2006, 11:27 PM
davisfactor

ALL I use is Firefox. Both on my Linux box at home and my Windows box at work. I have never had a problem with this site, but the Netstumbler forums can be slow to load. I attribute it to the other sites that also have to load, like intellitext and whatnot. If you use AdBlock you can block a lot of that stuff. I keep some of the ads here just to support the site, but I don't like stuff that gets in the way.

For example, I've blocked *.intellitxt.* and now those underlined words that like to popup the boxes when you mouse over them are gone! AdBlock + Firefox 0wns all!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:43 AM
sacraster

also get fasterfox plug-in, with adblock. great web load speed
Old 05-12-2006, 12:49 AM
G35Gnome

Originally Posted by LEK
^^ thats exactly what happens to me!! man..this sucks...how do i get the new IE? i heard there was a beta version out or something.
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

big download link in top right, currently in beta 2, seems to works quite stable for me, no issues at all so far ... and I love all of the new features. I actually installed vista beta and really liked the ie7 browser.

As far as firefox, some of my buddies use it and it doesnt work with some websites, I dont really see a point in it. What popups with IE ? are you guys using ie4 or something ?