NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:44 AM
lilmauwow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nightrider
lilmauwow should just shut the F#@$ up!! GO MAVS!
Yeah, if I told you to shut the f*ck up, would you? So what makes you think I would?
Old 05-05-2006, 02:47 AM
nightrider

lol i always see u in the nba threads... im sorry man.. its just im now frustrated with the lakers.. I dont want to see game 7..

it dont matter, lakers are my secondary team.. my primary team is dallas MAVS!! MFFL
Old 05-05-2006, 02:55 AM
terryw

Lakers are not even my team, i just like to root for the underdogs and i dont like teams that dosnt play D.

his teamates are not involved? Lamar Odom had 22 points, 9 assists, 11 rebounds almost a triple double. Kwame was the benefector of a lot of easy dunks, and dropped 17 and grabed 9 rebounds. Kwame has no offensive moves what so ever, every point he gets are usually results of assits from odom, kobe and walton or putbacks. Walton had 10 points and Devon George had 14. They were right in the game till the very end against a much more talented #2 seed. Even when the Lakers won, theyve been close games and it was once again a close game today and they were in the game all the way till the very end. And its Kobe's fualt that he kept them in the game?

I can understand you knocking on Kobe if he was shooting a poor percentage jacking up shots at the expense of his teamates, however 57% is a really good percentage and you cant knock Kobe for that. They didnt exactly blow the suns out when Kobe was passing more and shooting less. Its really easy for spectators to put the blame on Kobe, Kobe cant do this, Kobe cant do that. Hes only trying hes best to win the game, and they came awfully close.
When MJ was winning championships, he didnt play within the triangle either and threw up just as many shots as Kobe. MJ also had way better teamates.

Its all good that you are hating on Kobe though, its people like you that fuels his hunger and makes him better.

Last edited by terryw; 05-05-2006 at 03:05 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:09 AM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by terryw
Lakers are not even my team, i just like to root for the underdogs and i dont like teams that dosnt play D.

his teamates are not involved? Lamar Odom had 22 points, 9 assists, 11 rebounds almost a triple double. Kwame was the benefector of a lot of easy dunks, and dropped 17 and grabed 9 rebounds. Walton had 10 points and Devon George had 14. They were right in the game till the very end against a much more talented #2 seed. Even when the Lakers won, theyve been close games and it was once again a close game today and they were in the game all the way till the very end. And its Kobe's fualt that he kept them in the game?

I can understand you knocking on Kobe if he was shooting a poor percentage jacking up shots at the expense of his teamates, however 57% is a really good percentage and you cant knock Kobe for that. They didnt exactly blow the suns out when Kobe was passing more and shooting less.

Did you actually see the game or you just looking at stats? How involved were Kobe's teammates in the last quarter of the game and overtime? They had no clue what was going on. And make my point head on. Brown and Walton should have scored 25 each based on thier production on the first half. Why the lakers went away from that plan is beyond me, and it forced them to play Suns basketball. You cannot deny the Lakers style of play in games 5 and 6 is vastly different vs the first four games in which they won 3 of them. Phil's plan still works no matter what the suns do, because the suns cannot do anything about being oversized and overmatched. Its up to Kobe and the lakers to execute it.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:13 AM
terryw

Yes i watched the entire game, they did go away from trying to force it inside, which worked great in the first half. However, when first half ended, who was winning??? Suns were up. At the end of the 1st quarter who was up? If my memory serves me right it was the Suns. So they did change their style and Kobe took over, and took it to OT. Who are you to say that had they kept pounding it inside, they would have won when they didnt come out on top in the first half when they did try to pound it inside? How about game 1 that they lost?
Kobe didnt take many shoots and was passing the ball a lot more didnt he? did that style necessarily meant they were going to win?
Old 05-05-2006, 03:15 AM
nightrider

HERE IS THE reason why lakers LOST!!..

TURNOVERS!!! iono how many they exactly had but they had like 11 in the first half? correct me if im wrong...

Even though the lakers were shooting at a high percentage, the TO did not let the lakers get into their offense and gave suns soo many fastbreak points...the past 2 games, TO was a huge factor
Old 05-05-2006, 03:28 AM
terryw

Lakers lost because of a variety of reasons, TO is definetely one of them.
that and Smoosh Parker decided to play out of control and drive into the help D throwing up crazy shots. Hes usual production could have been the difference this game. They might have done better had they kept pounding the ball inside or they might not have. Hating on Kobe even though he kept his team in the game till the very end while shooting 57% is just wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Stein's take:
Bring on Game 7
By Marc Stein, ESPN.com

LOS ANGELES -- It wasn't just a theory, apparently.

It applies in the playoffs, too.

It was true this time, yet again, even with the Suns' Kobe Chopper banned from the building . . . even with Terrell Owens sitting in a baseline seat and sporting No. 8's jersey . . . even with Kobe Bryant going for 50 points instead of the mere 40-something that the Phoenix Suns were prepared to surrender in every game of this first-round epic.

Kobe scores big, Suns win.

Kobe hits a big Five-Oh and Phoenix saves its season with a 126-118 overtime victory.

Let's be clear, though: Bryant strayed from facilitating for Kobe's Kids for the first time in this ridiculously good series out of necessity. He hadn't scored more than 29 points in any of the first five games, but going Kobe (regular-season vintage) was the Lakers' only chance to win Game 6. The role players who've been so good around him began to fade from view in the second half and forced TO's new favorite player to be the Kobe that Phoenix wants to see.

In the fourth quarter and OT?

Deadly but lonely.

"If Kobe had made that last shot," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said of Bryant's attempt to sink another game-winning jumper at the regulation buzzer, "you would have been saying how great [his aggressiveness] was."

"But he didn't."

Actually, Phil . . .

Bryant was sensational by any measure, with 50 points in 52 minutes on a mere 35 shots . . . and with just six trips to the free-throw line.

Last edited by terryw; 05-05-2006 at 04:37 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:37 AM
terryw

'Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."
Old 05-05-2006, 03:54 AM
nightrider

^amen
Old 05-05-2006, 07:04 AM
Pratik

126 pts in an overtime game?? Thats just bad DEF. too. Lakers looked like the Wizards on D. I dunno why but I just love to see Kobe lose.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:43 AM
lilmauwow

Lakers lost because of a variety of reasons, TO is definetely one of them.
that and Smoosh Parker decided to play out of control and drive into the help D throwing up crazy shots. Hes usual production could have been the difference this game. They might have done better had they kept pounding the ball inside or they might not have. Hating on Kobe even though he kept his team in the game till the very end while shooting 57% is just wrong.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark Stein's take:
Bring on Game 7
By Marc Stein, ESPN.com

LOS ANGELES -- It wasn't just a theory, apparently.

It applies in the playoffs, too.

It was true this time, yet again, even with the Suns' Kobe Chopper banned from the building . . . even with Terrell Owens sitting in a baseline seat and sporting No. 8's jersey . . . even with Kobe Bryant going for 50 points instead of the mere 40-something that the Phoenix Suns were prepared to surrender in every game of this first-round epic.

Kobe scores big, Suns win.

Kobe hits a big Five-Oh and Phoenix saves its season with a 126-118 overtime victory.

Let's be clear, though: Bryant strayed from facilitating for Kobe's Kids for the first time in this ridiculously good series out of necessity. He hadn't scored more than 29 points in any of the first five games, but going Kobe (regular-season vintage) was the Lakers' only chance to win Game 6. The role players who've been so good around him began to fade from view in the second half and forced TO's new favorite player to be the Kobe that Phoenix wants to see.

In the fourth quarter and OT?

Deadly but lonely.

"If Kobe had made that last shot," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said of Bryant's attempt to sink another game-winning jumper at the regulation buzzer, "you would have been saying how great [his aggressiveness] was."

"But he didn't."

Actually, Phil . . .

Bryant was sensational by any measure, with 50 points in 52 minutes on a mere 35 shots . . . and with just six trips to the free-throw line.

Can't argue with that. People who actually are involved in the NBA know more than I do. The only thing I respectually disagree with is how they faded away in the second half. They played Suns ball AND Kobe started to take over. Regardless of how close the games were, they will not win game 7 playing that way.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:27 PM
terryw

This lakers team was never a good defensive team, theres some good individual defenders such as Kobe, kwame, and Odom. unfortunately theres just too many liabilities and matchup problems all over the place. Back in their championship days when i was rooting against them. they were dominant on D, rick fox and kobe had opposition wing players on lockdown, Shaq was wiating in the lane to block people dumb enough to drive.

i know Phill will try whatever he thinks is necessary for them to win the game, if something isnt working and the suns starts to build a sizable lead then changing tactics is perfectly logical to me. I would be criticizing Kobe for shooting too much if he had teamates that Nash has, unfortunately the lakers are pretty incompetent on offense outside of kobe and odom. Sometimes kobe going for 50 is better than staying i the triangle. dont think for a min that its all Kobe's idea though, Phill would have called timeout and chewed Kobe out if he didnt want Kobe to take over.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:32 PM
lilmauwow

This lakers team was never a good defensive team, theres some good individual defenders such as Kobe, kwame, and Odom. unfortunately theres just too many liabilities and matchup problems all over the place. Back in their championship days when i was rooting against them. they were dominant on D, rick fox and kobe had opposition wing players on lockdown, Shaq was wiating in the lane to block people dumb enough to drive.

i know Phill will try whatever he thinks is necessary for them to win the game, if something isnt working and the suns starts to build a sizable lead then changing tactics is perfectly logical to me. I would be criticizing Kobe for shooting too much if he had teamates that Nash has, unfortunately the lakers are pretty incompetent on offense outside of kobe and odom. Sometimes kobe going for 50 is better than staying i the triangle. dont think for a min that its all Kobe's idea though, Phill would have called timeout and chewed Kobe out if he didnt want Kobe to take over.

Thats true, I'm sure if Phil was mad he would have cussed out Kobe on national TV.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:40 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Thats true, I'm sure if Phil was mad he would have cussed out Kobe on national TV.
ive seen Phil get angry and chew players out on many ocassions, especially chewing kobe out. being such a calm person on the regular basis makes it all the more effective when he does get mad.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:41 PM
Pratik

What is all that BS? Its funny when they're up 3-1 Kobe is playing great basketball (I'm not saying he's not but gets all the credit). Now that its 3-3, its the Lakers have a lot of matchup problems and not that good of a defensive team? Please.

I really wish the Suns had Amare and just pummel the Lakers. The argument that the Lakers don't have good enough players around Kobe for them to win is gettin real old. As I said, 2 games ago I didnt hear that argument!!

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread