NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 12:56 AM
dtrip35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kobe For Mvp
Old 04-27-2006, 01:34 AM
papagz

KOBE KOBE KOBE KOBE wow is all there is to say. He deserves MVP not nash
Old 04-27-2006, 02:04 AM
Sundeviljay

yeah that is so ghey that the Arizona news says Nash won....LA says KOBE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2006, 02:18 AM
jiggalam

I love Kobe and I think hes unstoppable but I think Nash does deserve it. Am I the only one? Nash did take pretty much a whole new squad and win their division. And everyone on the team is having a career year. Kobe was just a scoring machine on a sub .500 team. He got the scoring title so its not like he didn't win anything.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:42 AM
terryw

like Bill Simmons said man... 10 years from now what do you remember about this season? what defines this regular season? The answer is Kobe's 81 point game!
take Nash away from the Suns and what do you have? They still have a decent talent at each position. Take Kobe away and what do you have? How many wins can the Lakers have with Kwame, rush, odom, mims and Walton?
Old 04-27-2006, 07:38 AM
Houston G

Go Rockets!
Old 04-27-2006, 09:49 AM
Pratik

WTF you guys smokin? You wanna talk basketball? Look at the stats. Nash's numbers are better than last year's when he won MVP AND he's got no Amare Stoudamire.

You wanna tell me that they still won mid 50's games this season without Amare all year??

The fact is Kobe is a great player but not the most valuable. Nash makes everyone around him better and is most valuable to his 'team'. He's made NBA journeymen Raja Bell into a decent player and Boris Diaw looks also good. Thats all Steve Nash gettin them the ball.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
terryw

i wanna tell you that if they put Kobe on that team, theyd have won similar number of games. Raja Bell is not a bum, and Nash isnt responsible for Diaw's improvement. Diaw is a point forward, an innitiator of the offense from the high/low post, he has the same type of function that Nash has. Diaw was playing out of position in ATL and wasnt used correctly. Nash is responsible for at least 10-12 wins... if they swtich Kobe and Nash's teams the Suns would still win that many games if not more.

Also Kobe plays on both ends of the floor. Night in and night out Kobe matches up with the best wing player on the opposing team and D them up. If you factor in the points that Kobe prevented the opposiing 2 guard or 3 man from scoring on top of kobe's own points production you then realize just how big of an impact he has. As great as bron bron is, he still isnt a good defender yet.

Nash on the other hand dosnt know the meaning of defense. night in and night out, pointguards and combo guards blow by nash like hes nothing more than a road sign on their way to the basket. Penetration vs the suns is about as easy as it can get.

Last edited by terryw; 04-27-2006 at 12:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:17 PM
sacraster

^^agree with pratik
Old 04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
arjunz

If you put Kobe on the suns ... u think they would have won similar number of games? .. I dont think so... Nash makes everyone arounds him better.. while putting up more than decent numbers... Kobe... excels at the expense of gettin his team-mates involved... thats the difference between the two..
Old 04-27-2006, 12:52 PM
terryw

how can you say that Kobe dosnt make hes teamates better? he demands double team and some times triple teams everytime he touches the rock. Granted he does shoot more than Nash, but look at whose on his team??? When Kobe passes the ball to the open shooter, they shoot such terrible percentage. It was just ugly watching them miss wide open 3s one after another in Game 1 after Kobe draws the defenders and pass it outside. The difference between the Suns and Lakers is that the Suns makes their open jumpers when Nash feed them. And the Lakers cant shoot for sh*t. Back when the Lakers had good shooters like Rick Fox, Rob Big Game Horry and DFish, kobe and shaq made all of them better and gave them wide open 3s all day not unlike now. the difference is they converted them, and the current lakers dont.

If they trade Kobe and Nash the Suns would definetly win as many games if not more. You sound like Nash is the whole team when Suns got a lot of good players at every position.

Last edited by terryw; 04-27-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:23 PM
arjunz

I'm not saying that NASH is the WHOLE TEAM .. i'm saying KOBE IS THE WHOLE TEAM .. thats the problem... Nash consistently keeps his team-mates involved... While Kobe.... hogs the balll (which is not a bad thing, given the team-mates he has) over stretches of the game... therefore his team-mates are cold. Lakers have some decent shooters.. maybe not as good as what Suns have..but still.... The difference is that Kobe needs the ball in his hand to create his OWN shot.. where as NASH needs the ball in his hands to create shots for his team-mates..... overall KOBE is def a better basketball player... but Nash is a better Team player...

Last edited by arjunz; 04-27-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
terryw

eitherway i know if Kobe replaces nash on the suns, hed still average something like 26 points 7 assists and 5 rebounds. If nash is on the lakers playing with a lethargic Odom and chris Mimm? and Kwame? They wouldnt even be in the playoffs.

im also not sure Nash is a better team player, hes a better team player on offense, but he is a liability on D, he sabotages the team D when he get penetrated and the help D is forced to step up and leave his own man open.
Playing D is part of being a team player too and Nash is extremely lacking in that department.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
jiggalam

The problem here is whats the definition of MVP? Best player in the league or most valuable to their respective team? I'm going with the more important to the team. One on one Kobe will dominate Nash at both ends of the floor because he's better that way. Does he make his teammates better? I say no. Can you fault Kobe for that? Also no. But the facts are that Nash makes his players better and had them win their division. Even in the regular season against each other, Kobe put up huge numbers, but Nash's team won.

Plus saying that 10 years from now the season will be defined by Kobes 81 so he should be MVP, I can't agree with that, no offense. That's saying Artest should have been MVP last year because he's pretty much defined it with his fight. He should then be a hall of famer because of the impact that brawl had on all of sports.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:09 PM
terryw

are you serious trying to say that Nash is more valuable to the suns than Kobe is to the Lakers? How many games can the Suns win without Nash? they still got a good pg in Barbosa and they still got Diaw and Marrion and Tim Thomas and Eddie House. That team might still challenge to make the playoffs as a lower seed. Take away Kobe from the Lakers and what do you have? a 10-20 win team at best. Even Atlanta and NY got more talent. Whose more valuable to their respective team?. without Kobe the Lakers would challenge for the worst team in the league.

Nash got replaced by Jason Terry, a shoot first point guard that dosnt make his teamates better like Nash. You know what? the Mavs arnt missing a beat. How important was he for Dallas?

Last edited by terryw; 04-27-2006 at 02:34 PM.

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread