NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 01:22 PM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those that dont know who Tex is, he is the inventor of the triangle offense.
Old 05-16-2006, 01:57 PM
terryw

After watching the games in the Mavs Spurs series, I missed out of the Mavs Grizz series. I have to conclude that they are better off without nash than with nash. Nash thrives in an uptempo style. The new age Mavs are a lot more physical than I thought they would be, and they now really makes it a point to pound it inside, from the post and through drives to the basket. Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard are playing huge roles in that offense. they are no longer a jump shooting team. they are really starting to remind me more and more of the spurs than id like to admit. the suns on the otherhand are playing like the old up tempo mavs style.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:06 PM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by terryw
After watching the games in the Mavs Spurs series, I missed out of the Mavs Grizz series. I have to conclude that they are better off without nash than with nash. Nash thrives in an uptempo style. The new age Mavs are a lot more physical than I thought they would be, and they now really makes it a point to pound it inside, from the post and through drives to the basket. Marquis Daniels and Josh Howard are playing huge roles in that offense. they are no longer a jump shooting team. they are really starting to remind me more and more of the spurs than id like to admit. the suns on the otherhand are playing like the old up tempo mavs style.

Its hard to conclude that because with Nash they played a different style with a different coach. Nash never got to play for Avery, and Nash never got to play with a grown up version of Daniels, Howard, Harris and certainly Dirk. Since Nash never really got to play for the current Dallas system, its kinda hard to beleive Dallas got better without him. I think they just got better because of the defensive system in place, growing up, and a better potential championship coach. Its just to bad Nash wasn't available to thrive in that type of system.
Old 05-16-2006, 05:13 PM
terryw

i dont think nash would thrive under a half court bang it inside type of offense. he belongs in the open court. they did get better because of the new system. i didnt say nash leaving caused them to get better. but i do think they are better off without nash under the current style of play. I used to think Jason Terry sucks, but he gains more respect from me each day. Arizona seems to produce a lot of shoot first type of point guards ala gil and terry
Old 05-17-2006, 10:39 PM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by terryw
i dont think nash would thrive under a half court bang it inside type of offense. he belongs in the open court. they did get better because of the new system. i didnt say nash leaving caused them to get better. but i do think they are better off without nash under the current style of play. I used to think Jason Terry sucks, but he gains more respect from me each day. Arizona seems to produce a lot of shoot first type of point guards ala gil and terry
Wow what a great game 5, if Lebron and the Cavs eliminate the Pistons then.......Lebron > Kobe. hahaahahahahaahahaha and there is no way you can dispute that.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:22 AM
Jee_35

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Wow what a great game 5, if Lebron and the Cavs eliminate the Pistons then.......Lebron > Kobe. hahaahahahahaahahaha and there is no way you can dispute that.
haha, this is crazy, I never saw the cavs even coming close to beating the pistons.. the Spurs game tonight was also fun
Old 05-18-2006, 01:23 AM
papagz

wow great games today. Cavs played AWESOME. his cast helped him ALOT. spurs wow amazing game
Old 05-18-2006, 01:48 AM
terryw

yeah, great games! last nights suns vs clips game was rediculous too.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:58 AM
nightrider

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
It would be great, but lebron wont be better than kobe until he wins 3 championship rings. sorry to burst your bubble

I dont know if cavs can win the series still.. Dont count the pistons out!

MAVS!!! damn soo close.. If dirk knew how much time he had then he could have tipped the ball in!! MAVS LETS FINISH THIS AT HOME!
Old 05-18-2006, 03:21 AM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by nightrider
It would be great, but lebron wont be better than kobe until he wins 3 championship rings. sorry to burst your bubble

I dont know if cavs can win the series still.. Dont count the pistons out!

MAVS!!! damn soo close.. If dirk knew how much time he had then he could have tipped the ball in!! MAVS LETS FINISH THIS AT HOME!
lol, so are you saying karl malone, john stockton, barkley, ewing, aren't greater players because they won zero rings? Are you also saying that Kobe needs 7 rings to be better than Jordan? Are you saying Kobe is equal to Larry Bird because Bird only won 3 rings? Sorry to burst your bubble but Kobe wasn't the leader of the Lakers when he won the 3 rings, Shaq was. Its the equivalent of Pippen winning with Jordan, a great player (kobe) playing alongside one of the most dominant players ever to play the game(shaq).

I'm just speculating cause Pistons still are defending conference champs, I'm still picking them to win the series and Lebron didn't do anything yet but win 3 games. But IF, a very BIG IF, Lebron and Co. pulls this sheet out without Larry Hughes, there is no way you can pick Kobe above Lebron. There's a reason why he has more 1st team NBA votes and MVP votes more than Kobe The only arguement you'd hear is the ignorant one above "Kobe won three rings" lol

Man this Mavs/Spurs series is crazy. Mavs let this one slip away though, they should have won the game but made some bad mistakes in the last 2 minutes. To many lazy passes led to turnovers. It was a good sign Mavs didn't play like they had a home game waiting for them, they wanted to end it. It was probably was on of the most even officiated calls this playoffs and the refs were very consistent tonight. I'm predicting a Mavs let down in game 6 iwth the help of the refs forcing a game 7. I hope i'm wrong, but this series is the money maker for the NBA right now, why not extend it

Last edited by lilmauwow; 05-18-2006 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:18 PM
nightrider

i knew u were gonna say that shaq brought him there... you hear charles yesterday on TNT? what he would give up for 1 ring.. I meanall those guy you mention are hall of famers but still IT's ALL ABOUT THE RING!!!

This should have been a sweep... 1sts game was so close to a win. DAMN duncan went crazy yesterday, Even though he almost had a flawless game it still was a 1 point game. This proves how good the mavs are. Spurs were getting calls left and right..but o well. MAVS gotta finish this at home..
Old 05-18-2006, 04:49 PM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by nightrider
i knew u were gonna say that shaq brought him there... you hear charles yesterday on TNT? what he would give up for 1 ring.. I meanall those guy you mention are hall of famers but still IT's ALL ABOUT THE RING!!!

This should have been a sweep... 1sts game was so close to a win. DAMN duncan went crazy yesterday, Even though he almost had a flawless game it still was a 1 point game. This proves how good the mavs are. Spurs were getting calls left and right..but o well. MAVS gotta finish this at home..
Of course they all want the ring. But players like Barkley, Malone, Ewing, Reggie all ran into the greatest player ever Jordan. That doesn't mean they weren't as great as Duncan who already has 3 rings. Malone has zero rings, and he is considered the best power foward of all time. Are you saying Robert Horry is equal to Jordan because he has six rings? That arguement is flawed because there are so many factors in obtaining a championship such as being a leader of a team vs being a sidekick.

If Lebron carries his team over the Pistons, he will establish himself as equal or better to Kobe as a basketball player. While he may not have his skills as defined as Kobe, he is a better leader, a better teammate, and has all the intangibles to will his team to win. Majority of people would choose the latter in obtaining a championship.

The best players in these playoffs I think are in this order

1. Dirk 2. Lebron tied for 3rd Duncan/Wade.
Old 05-20-2006, 12:51 AM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Like I said. The Spurs will come back. They just owned Dallas. Now they are coming home to own them in game 7.
Old 05-20-2006, 03:51 AM
papagz

two great games today. im SO pissed cavs couldnt get a freakin REBOUND!! they could have eliminated them but now have to go back to the Palace and try to do it there AGAIN, which will be very difficult. sadly i say pistons
Old 05-20-2006, 03:55 AM
terryw

yeah, i think pistons got it too, lebrons still the man. lots of game 7s this year.

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread