NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2006, 12:05 AM
lilmauwow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terryw
first of all, I have already said that Kobe didnt play well in game 7. but why should be take all the blame? Why cant I defend him? hey his own coach phil jackson defended him, go talk to phil. if you only know how hard it is to change your mentality during games... the philosphy for any motion offense is to pass the ball to the open teamate. Kobe believed in Phil and did just that, because you know damn well Kobe is almost never open. It was not a bad strategy because its worked before, Kobe tried to make it work and it didnt. Should he shoulder some blame? yes, but so should Phil and the rest of the lakers who couldnt make their open shots. Did he give up? No, he played hard all game and played hard on D.

its just sooo easy to say that, being a better team mate, getting others involved, making them "better" blah blah blah. how bout hes teamates made those wide open jumpers. They continued to get wide open jumpers all series, and they didnt hit them when Kobe didnt take over. Phil has said it, Kobe taking over is ordered by Phil, a result of failure to excecute the triangle effectively. of course to you, hes making hes teamtes better, getting them involved when they make their shot. When they miss their wide open jumpers in the games they lost, its suddenly Kobes fualt, Kobe no longer made his teamates better.
great logic there.

you call this proof? you are just making claims, you are just saying the lakers didnt overachieve. thats proof? who are you to say the lakers didnt over achieve or underachieve? They won way more games than last year, and somehow its just all phil kobes got nothing to do with it huh? They didnt make the playoffs and made it this year as a 6th seed, they didnt over achieve? You are using a oppinionated claim to prove another claim, how does that work?

At least this makes more sense, if you really do think like that then what can I say. I just hope you stay consistent, whenever Suns loose a game its Nashs fualt, when Mavs loose a game its Dirk's fualt, Whenever the Cavs loose a game its Lebrons fualt. Whenever a team looses, you question their best player's ability to lead a team. you are just going to blame the star player or players instead of analyzing the game, well... i hope you stay consistent.

Are you saying they would've won the same amount of games without Phil Jackson? It wasn't my projection, it was many NBA analysts projection. I'm just relaying the message. Phil said it himself he would be happy to make the playoffs, which they did as the 7th seed.

You yourself have provided no proof that Kobe makes his teammates better.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:06 AM
terryw

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Kobe didn't make his teammates better when he won championships with Shaq when the lakers were 'winning'. Kobe often detracted from the team to do his own show in many games. There was a reason why a team first coach like Phil Jackson called Kobe uncoachable before he left (more proof for you). Kobe has been labeled since the begining of his career as a player that has not made his teammates better. He's a great volume scorer and a great defender. Thats about it.
yeah labeled by Kobe Haters like you. Theres just as many people that says Kobe is very coachable including Phil.

Phil also said Kobe is coachable after he took the job last year. If Kobe is uncoachable why is Phil back in LA? If hes so uncoachable Why did he say all the good things about Kobe when he took the job again, and during the season. I mean Phil can goto any team he wants and demand top $, why did he come back to coach an "uncoachable" player?

Yes Kobe often detracted from the team to do his own show many times during the championship run. Guess who he learned it from?!!! how many times have Jordan say F the triangle and went on his own show?? Jordan admited to doing that him self during an interview on the Ultimate Jordan DVD set. I would know cause hes my favorite player If you think Jordan never went out side of the Triangle and started jacking shots you are seriously mistaken. Why do you think he averaged less assits than Kobe, especially 1998 when he averaged 3.8. So MJ makes hes teamates better despite that he goes on his shooting spreys, yet Kobe dosnt make his teamates better when he does it? nice proof
Old 05-11-2006, 12:15 AM
terryw

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Are you saying they would've won the same amount of games without Phil Jackson? It wasn't my projection, it was many NBA analysts projection. I'm just relaying the message. Phil said it himself he would be happy to make the playoffs, which they did as the 7th seed.

You yourself have provided no proof that Kobe makes his teammates better.
No sir, i never said that.

like i said, lets say you are right. its still just a claim, even if its by analysts its still just a claim. even if the claim is accurate, MJ and MAgic and Bird and co. sure didnt overachieve every year, so they dont make their teamates better?

I provided concrete statistics, I sited that Kobe's teamates scoring and stats in general went up, and that their number of wins went up. Im sure Phil had a lot to do with the increased stats and number of wins, but who are you to say Kobe isnt responsible for part of that increase? I cited that Kobe is 2nd in assists for shooting guards behind only wade. What is an assist, its a pass that lead directly to an unobstructed and successful easy basket conversion.
Each assist a player makes results in his teamates scoring 2 or 3 points. Thats not making his teamts better? IF he had better shooters like rick fox, horry and Fisher, hes assists would be even higher.

and hey regardless of whether I prove Kobe makes his teamates better or not, you cant prove that he dosnt make hes teamates better. youve been saying that for pages uppon pages yet cant prove it.

Last edited by terryw; 05-11-2006 at 12:22 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:35 AM
terryw

Please just do what Pratik did.

Just admit that you hate Kobe, you hate his personality and hes attitude. you hate his swagger, you hate his game, you hate that hes a champion, you hate that hes loved for the same reasons.

and just leave it at that I mean hey Im a kobe fan but theres things that Kobe does that I dont like. But like him or hate him he is one of the best players in the league.

I too rather move on now, because that series is over.
Old 05-11-2006, 12:42 AM
papagz

thank youuuu.....unless u guys want to start another thread on kobe hatevslove thats fine w/ me. but this is current playoffs
Old 05-11-2006, 01:51 AM
lilmauwow

Please just do what Pratik did.

Just admit that you hate Kobe, you hate his personality and hes attitude. you hate his swagger, you hate his game, you hate that hes a champion, you hate that hes loved for the same reasons.

and just leave it at that I mean hey Im a kobe fan but theres things that Kobe does that I dont like. But like him or hate him he is one of the best players in the league.

I too rather move on now, because that series is over.
I never did not admit I hate kobe. He is everything wrong with the players attitude today. A correction on the hate, he is not a champion. He was a champion until he become partially responsible for killing the championship team.

"yeah labeled by Kobe Haters like you. Theres just as many people that says Kobe is very coachable including Phil.

Phil also said Kobe is coachable after he took the job last year. If Kobe is uncoachable why is Phil back in LA? If hes so uncoachable Why did he say all the good things about Kobe when he took the job again, and during the season. I mean Phil can goto any team he wants and demand top $, why did he come back to coach an "uncoachable" player?

"Yes Kobe often detracted from the team to do his own show many times during the championship run. Guess who he learned it from?!!! how many times have Jordan say F the triangle and went on his own show?? Jordan admited to doing that him self during an interview on the Ultimate Jordan DVD set. I would know cause hes my favorite player If you think Jordan never went out side of the Triangle and started jacking shots you are seriously mistaken. Why do you think he averaged less assits than Kobe, especially 1998 when he averaged 3.8. So MJ makes hes teamates better despite that he goes on his shooting spreys, yet Kobe dosnt make his teamates better when he does it? nice proof"

Did I ever say that Jordan didn't go on shooting sprees? Did Jordan ever improve his stats at the expense of his teammates in the championship years like Kobe did when he was with Shaq? Can you tell me anyone thats valid that said Kobe makes his teammates better like Jordan did? Did Jordan ever take 3 shots in a game 7 series even though he still tried to involve his teammates? All i've done was provide examples and points through Kobe's history as a teammate.

I'm pretty much done about Kobe too. The fact there is so much criticism about his game from everyone in the NBA validates my point enough. I was just trying to get through the disallusioned people who put Kobe on such a high pedestal. On to the current playoffs!

Last edited by lilmauwow; 05-11-2006 at 02:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:58 AM
terryw

Suns just lost to the Clips, Elton brand and Kaman ate the little guys for breakfast. there hasnt been any close games this series outside of Mavs/Spurs
Old 05-11-2006, 02:03 AM
lilmauwow

Suns just lost to the Clips, Elton brand and Kaman ate the little guys for breakfast. there hasnt been any close games this series outside of Mavs/Spurs
Mavs NEED to win the series in 6.

Pistons in the finals...........
Old 05-11-2006, 02:20 AM
terryw

man i could easily keep arguing your points, but im going to let it go because i said i was gonna stop talking about Kobe. its shady to go back and add all that after you agreed to stop though
Old 05-11-2006, 02:24 AM
terryw

Im hoping for the spurs to win because they stand a better chance at having a good series with the pistons. Mav's interior is weak despite their new found defensive style. Only spurs have the height and toughness to battle it out vs Pistons. Mavs interior defense vs Duncan and Parker is going to be key in the series. Spurs controlling the boards and slowing down the pace is going to be their key
Old 05-11-2006, 02:54 AM
lilmauwow

man i could easily keep arguing your points, but im going to let it go because i said i was gonna stop talking about Kobe. its shady to go back and add all that after you agreed to stop though
That was my mistake, I added after I saw your consecutive posts. Feel free to add more if you want, its only fair
Old 05-11-2006, 04:09 AM
terryw

theres nothing more to be said really, Ive repeatedly made all my points.
Old 05-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Pratik

Just for the record I never said I hated Kobe cause he's a champion. I love seeing him lose because of his attitude. Whether it was his rape trial, the way he plays on the court. Just erad the article I posted. It is everything that I have to say on the subject. He's got all the talent in the world but he doesnt know how to handle it.... MJ did. Big difference.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:48 PM
terryw

that part is a qoute from hes shoe commercial.
Old 05-11-2006, 02:28 PM
terryw

My NBA All Ugly Team
at point guard......... we have mr SAM I AM
Is it possible that he averages 20 points a game because the guy guarding him is always playing with his eyes closed?

@small forward...... Jeroooooome Williams

Last edited by terryw; 05-11-2006 at 02:35 PM.

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread