NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 10:54 PM
papagz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think clippers can def pull through against the suns. who is going to guard brand and kaman? cassell actually plays defense unlike nash too. well see what happens.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:59 PM
terryw

on paper Clippers seems to be the better team with legitimate size and inside scoring as well as outside shooting and slashing wings. Too bad with the Suns their offense is just so rediculous you never know whose going to win. one thing is for sure, the clippers cant play D like the spurs. so i think its going to be close and another good series.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:06 PM
papagz

yea. spurs will win the west for sure. expect to see SA vs Det again
Old 05-09-2006, 03:56 AM
terryw

man ohh man just when i thought the heat was getting their axt together, they lay an egg at Home to the nets. geez man looks like no one can stop the boring a$$ pistons in the east
Old 05-09-2006, 04:30 AM
nightrider

Originally Posted by papagz
yea. spurs will win the west for sure. expect to see SA vs Det again

Hey yo.. don't count out the MAVS yet. It's been only 1 game.

I predicted nets to beat miami.

lebron=god?? pshh not against the piston he's not.. PRINCE BLOCKED THE **** OUT OF HIM
Old 05-09-2006, 11:13 AM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by nightrider
Hey yo.. don't count out the MAVS yet. It's been only 1 game.

I predicted nets to beat miami.

lebron=god?? pshh not against the piston he's not.. PRINCE BLOCKED THE **** OUT OF HIM
Yeah, It was kinda premature of me to post lebron = god after seeing that performance. Kind of like Kobe = god but we won't go there with all the sensitive laker fans here.
Old 05-09-2006, 05:37 PM
sacraster

same here, nets beat miami
Old 05-09-2006, 07:34 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Yeah, It was kinda premature of me to post lebron = god after seeing that performance. Kind of like Kobe = god but we won't go there with all the sensitive laker fans here.
no one claimed Kobe is god, im just defending him from the haters. nor am I even a laker fan. I get on him if he plays bad too, except he didnt play bad. but ofcourse the haters will blame it all on Kobe.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:25 PM
lilmauwow

Originally Posted by terryw
no one claimed Kobe is god, im just defending him from the haters. nor am I even a laker fan. I get on him if he plays bad too, except he didnt play bad. but ofcourse the haters will blame it all on Kobe.
Kobe overall had a great series and its to bad he didn't get much help from his teammates. But what I don't get is how you can blame his teammates for losing three in a row. That falls on the team, its coach, and its leader Kobe. Kobe can turn into facilitator Kobe and back to volume scorer on a dime, but how do you expect to have reliable teammates in clutch situations when it was the Kobe show for 82 straight games? Blame Phil's regular season philosophy vs the playoff system philosophy of all things.

Seriously though, I don't know how you can defend him after his second half performance on game 7 and postgame. It just spoke volumes of his character and the complexity of his ego. People say he's young, but thats a poor excuse for a 10 year NBA veteran.

Kobe may be above Lebron in basketball skills(better shot mechanics, better scorer, better defense). But the intangibles that Lebron has as makes him a better basketball overall player (leadership, ability to make other players beleive they are better than they actually are, and teamwork).
Old 05-09-2006, 10:26 PM
papagz

guys. kobe is a great player. i love him. hes amazing. however, that series is sadly over. the playoffs thread should be about the CURRENT series. lakers/suns and kobe are done so we move on to the clippers/suns, mavs/spurs, heat/nets, cavs/pistons....
Old 05-09-2006, 10:53 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Kobe overall had a great series and its to bad he didn't get much help from his teammates. But what I don't get is how you can blame his teammates for losing three in a row. That falls on the team, its coach, and its leader Kobe. Kobe can turn into facilitator Kobe and back to volume scorer on a dime, but how do you expect to have reliable teammates in clutch situations when it was the Kobe show for 82 straight games? Blame Phil's regular season philosophy vs the playoff system philosophy of all things.

Seriously though, I don't know how you can defend him after his second half performance on game 7 and postgame. It just spoke volumes of his character and the complexity of his ego. People say he's young, but thats a poor excuse for a 10 year NBA veteran.

Kobe may be above Lebron in basketball skills(better shot mechanics, better scorer, better defense). But the intangibles that Lebron has as makes him a better basketball overall player (leadership, ability to make other players beleive they are better than they actually are, and teamwork).
1) when did I ever blame his teamates for loosing any game? or 3 in a row? i just said if he wants to go further he needs better teamates. i said that hes entire team played their hearts out and they lost to the better more talented team....

2) he played the way you said it takes to win, by trying to get his teamates involved and only taking 3 shots total in the 2nd half. and now you are calling it a bad performance? lets see... game 6 he takes all the shots drop 50 points takes them to OT and lost a close game, you are criticizing him talking about they lost because he was playing selfish. ok... game 7, takes 3 shot in the 2nd half and tried to feed it inside and get his teamates involved... they get crushed. now you are still criticizing him even though he was playing the way YOU claimed is requred to win. You are talking about the complexity of his Ego, how about hes playing the way Phill Jackson told him to play. Both of them said during the post game interview that Phil is the one that made the half time adjustments telling him to pass more and shoot less. FYI I think he did have a bad game, he should have tried to take over when hes teamates arnt shooting well and maybe it would have been closer. He should have taken 15 shots instead of 3 shots in the 2nd half.

Lebron takes almost as many shots as kobe, he has a better team and hes teamates are able to convert a lot more of his assists. Until Lebron starts to play D hes not better than Kobe in my book. Put lebron on the Lakers and see how many Assists he averages.

Last edited by terryw; 05-10-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:02 PM
G35_TX
Premier Member

Spurs will own everyone like they have several times. BTW, the Lakers are weak now. They aren't like they use to be since all the good players left.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:09 PM
papagz

DUUDEE refs in the spurs game are HORRIBLE. 25 fouls called b4 the half ends. 3 technicals already. its a joke
Old 05-09-2006, 11:10 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by G35_TX
Spurs will own everyone like they have several times. BTW, the Lakers are weak now. They aren't like they use to be since all the good players left.
well see, I dont think the spurs are as invincible as they have been in the past. Mainly Tim Duncan seems to have slowed down, all the long playoff seasons has caught up to him and hes looking tired all season. They are still the favorites but i wouldnt be suprised if Dallas makes it a series. I also think the pistons at this point is playing better basketball and matches up extremely well vs the Spurs. Chauncey is just too big for Parker and will abuse him in the low post. Tayshan is can lock down Ginobili. Unless Duncan suddenly reverts back to the old Duncan, i dont like the spurs chances to go all the way.
Old 05-10-2006, 12:22 AM
terryw

Josh Howard is really showing me something today.

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread