NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

The NBA Playoffs Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 02:51 PM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lilmauwow
Its just to bad Amare and Kurt Thomas aren't playing. We wouldn't even be having this Kobe conversation as the Lakers would have been swept.
I agree, if Amare and kurt thomas are healthy the Suns are probably one of the top 3 teams in the league. It just shows how stacked the suns are when they are hurt, they still got so many offensive weapons that can hurt you in so many ways.

give all the credit to the Suns, Nash, Diaw, Barbosa, Marrion, Tim Thomas, playing a great game with their backs against the wall without Bell, one of the best on ball defenders in the league. Hell Tim thomas saved the series for them. If Tim Thomas missed that shot, what would the kobe haters be saying now? its just funny to me that people rather talk about how terrible Kobe is when it could have gone either way. How about praising the Suns for a change instead of hating on Kobe?

Last edited by terryw; 05-05-2006 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:30 PM
terryw

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060505
LOL real funny article,
Antawn Jamison. How can you give LeBron baseline on the final shot? How? How? No, really, how? How does this happen? How? Imagine losing an overtime playoff game because one of your teammates gave baseline to one of the best three players in the league who had 43 points at the time? Would you ever speak to him again? And how does LeBron get wide open on that play? I know Eddie Jordan doesn't need an NBA paycheck anymore after his successful appearances in "Crash" and "Hustle and Flow," but couldn't he at least pretend to be outraged that his team can't guard anyone?

its soooo true lol, he looks just like terrance howard.
Old 05-05-2006, 11:08 PM
terryw

OMFGGGGGGG, Gilbert! half court 3! Damn im having a heart attack. this playoffs rocks lets go Wiz OT
Old 05-05-2006, 11:14 PM
papagz

Gilbert arenas gets NO credibility. hes one of the most talented players in the league. he can shoot your lights out. that 3 was just insane. hopefully they can finish it off tonight. i love when games go to 7
Old 05-05-2006, 11:26 PM
vlm7

C'mon Gil - hit that FT!
Old 05-05-2006, 11:28 PM
Stytch

Got' Damn Gil Missed Both
Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 PM
terryw

its a great game, of all people, larry hughes hit the trey. how ironic.
Gil he used up all his karma on that half court 3 lol
Old 05-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Stytch

Originally Posted by papagz
Gilbert arenas gets NO credibility. hes one of the most talented players in the league. he can shoot your lights out. that 3 was just insane. hopefully they can finish it off tonight. i love when games go to 7

Yea more money for David J. Stern...LOLOL
Old 05-05-2006, 11:38 PM
papagz

cant believe he missed both those.. anyone watching the Spurs? go kings. lets push another game 7. if lakers end up losing, that leaves everyone else tired, and room for the cilppers to cruise
Old 05-05-2006, 11:41 PM
terryw

im going out lol, no more bball for me. its cinco de mayo and college park is packed full of drunk chicks
Old 05-05-2006, 11:42 PM
papagz

bibby hits a huge 3. lucky man, i just got hit with the flu thanks to my GF. she was sick, shes like you wont get sick dont worry....103 fever, body aches, headaches, sore throat....yea wont get sick my as$
Old 05-06-2006, 04:25 AM
nightrider

how can arenas miss those freethrows!! clutch in REGULATION bu no clutch in ot..
Old 05-06-2006, 05:57 AM
terryw

Gil played a great game man, he used up all his karma on that crazy trey ball. Just ran out of gas in the end. He was so mad at him self, hes probably still shooting free throws at MCI center right now.

did you guys notice in the post game interviews, gilbert says "ya know" like every other word?. I counted 9 "ya know"s before he mananged to finish 1 sentence.

sports talk 980 reported that Lebron is offically 245 pounds lol, god hes so strong. guess how much Amare weighs? 245 lbs. Guess how much Ben wallace weighs? 240. Lebron weighs more than big ben!!!

Lebron is not 22 years old man, that bamma is like 29 man, theres no way someone that young can have a body like that! this dude just clutch the ball in his arm and run through defenses like hes a running back. While Kobe slashes through defenders in the paint, this dude just bull dozes his way through!

I love hes game. im a witness.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:22 PM
papagz

posted this in another thread:

i am one of the BIGGEST laker fans. at this point i know they lost. no way they are coming back. the way they are playing, they deserve to lose. they are showing 0 heart. the suns want it real bad whereas the lakers are just going along. brown missed SO many easy shots, bad passes, layups. the thing is, kobe has no one to rely on consistently. he tried passing it, none of them could score today. smush parker is playing liek ****. kwame is too. odom has done nothing either. sorry to say it, but ill be the first huge laker fan to admit they dont deserve this game and wont get it either way. what i can assume however is that the clippers can pull through against them. suns have NO post, clippers are ALL post...lets see what can happen. ive always been a SA fan tho. they play so well together
Old 05-06-2006, 10:50 PM
terryw

im not a laker fan but i love to see upsets. i love kobe's game and hes intensity and killer instinct. they need to give him better players. anyways its a greatseries with an anti climatic ending. looking forward to round 2. Nash vs Casselle looks to be a heck of a match up filled with offense.

Quick Reply: The NBA Playoffs Thread