NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

MD happy hour again?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 08:51 PM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good point, im open to anywhere, like i said i think laurel is a good place, since its mroe up north. i dont really prefer college park at all since i realize im the only one from CP, khoa suggested college park last week, and CP can be fun.

columbia is fine too, hell i goto arundel mills every other week anyways. however, holding it that far north pretty much eliminates anyone from VA, Lek and Vic did come all the way up from VA to hardtimes cafe. its a tough job balancing everything. i think columbia and laurel area is a great idea, however i also recommend swtiching it up to southern md (bethezda also). get some kind of rotation going.

Last edited by terryw; 04-24-2006 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:02 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

uh oh, we are on page 2. Lets see how long this one can get
Old 04-24-2006, 09:03 PM
missr

i love maps.google.com
Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
terryw

Im not too familar with the columbia area. so lets throw that in there too. anyone have any suggestion as good places for hh??

ill conduct a poll for columbia and laurel places tomorrow. then next week we can switch to Bethesda and rotate every other week.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
terryw

virge is bunned up with some chick, so hes never coming to hh again ever lol. otherwise bruce and brian and khoa are all cool with laurel. devon is busy packing so he wont be making md happy hours until may... and hes closing his house on thurs.

so people that knows columbia speak up, that would be jacob, khoa, brian, devon and virge if he is still alive. and maddy never even post here :, until we know shes alive and even interested lol. poor stan, from whitemarshe is the one thats gotta drive the longest.

Last edited by terryw; 04-24-2006 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:14 PM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by missr
i love maps.google.com
check out live.local.com, it's Microsoft beta version of google map. some area has mutliple angle satalite images, pretty awesome. Also you can d/l Google Earth, pretty neat stuff too

~Khoa
Old 04-24-2006, 11:11 PM
startertan

Since the debate is getting hot and heavy I'll chime in. Since I'm in the minority and driving the farthest I guess I don't 'care' where HH is. College Park is about as far as I'm willing to go. I want to avoid 495 like the plague. So basically anywhere along the 95 corridor is ok with me but I'm in the extreme minority coming from Whitemarsh/Bel Air...you can see Bel Air on the map...it's way up in the far right corner.

If you guys do Laurel or Columbia I'll definitely try to make it. Just sucks that not everyone will be able to since I know my reasoning for not wanting Bethesda is their reason for not wanting anywhere except Tyson's. Again extreme minority, so do what you guys need to do.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:19 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

stan, the only pole you create is one with a ***** pump.

_____insert your mom joke here.

heh
Old 04-25-2006, 12:43 AM
Stytch

isn't there a in laurel or a Bennigans? ?
I know there is a friday's, Don Pablos, Ruby Tuesdays & I think Lone Star in the area
as a matter of fact Don Pablos does have outside seating

Last edited by Stytch; 04-25-2006 at 12:46 AM.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:06 AM
Lethal G35

If we do Don Pablos its going to be a quick exit for everyone, while trying to hold their buttcheeks tight.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:10 AM
castertroy101

^_^ +1 ^_*
Old 04-25-2006, 01:32 PM
terryw

if no one make any further realistic suggestions in columbia im gonna call the shot and make it laurel, where bruce bruce knows the owner
Old 04-25-2006, 01:51 PM
brian2004

lets make it I'm there.
Old 04-25-2006, 03:11 PM
castertroy101

hell im in...Hooters it is... Heard they have some very nice views there. Now how the hell do i get there
Old 04-25-2006, 03:25 PM
brian2004

Originally Posted by yacoub
Sorry Terry, guess you don't realize just how far north and east Baltimore is.

I used to live in Germantown so I'm aware of how convenient it is to Bethesda and even Tysons. I wasn't referring to Germantown though, I was referring to Columbia and the folks who come down from Baltimore.

Stanton, Devon, myself, Keith, Brian, Matt, Maddy, Kunal, and others live either around Baltimore or the Columbia area. There are a bunch of 350Z guys up this way as well.

Most of us aren't up for driving down to VA for HH on a weeknight every week, that's why the idea started for hosting one in MD. The goal though, wasn't to have one on the border of MD just across the river from Tysons or inside the DC beltway, since we might as well just go the extra ten minutes to Tysons. Somewhere in MD that was reasonably more convenient than going to VA for most MD folks was the idea.

Honestly I don't really care that much since I don't attend a whole lot of HH events, but it's important to make it clear why Bethesda (and even CP to some extent) isn't really an amazing choice for a Maryland HH.

But there's not a lot in central Maryland other than the Columbia area, which is a good 40 mins from Germantown, 35 mins from Towson, 30 mins from White Marsh, 30 mins from College Park, 40 mins from Bethesda, etc.

It's the most central location in Maryland that has places to do a decent HH and draw a good crowd, but maybe traffic makes it not a good choice, I don't really know.

If you guys decide to keep them in Bethesda and College Park, hey that's cool too, and some folks will still make the drive (myself included some weeks). At least it's a bit more clear with that map where everything is.

Let me say this.Bethesda is not that far for me ,dev and columbia guys.Baltimore to bethesda is a no no .North of b more is a no no.and i for one are not really worried about the 350 group.This was all apart of our g club and people who cant make the tysons on thursday.So our plans are made up of what the local g club members want to do.Now if there are others who want to come that is on them. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: MD happy hour again?