NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Who enjoys Hibachi Style resturants???

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 01:51 AM
Stytch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who enjoys Hibachi Style resturants???

I don't know about u guys, but I like Benihanas alot. The whole NGC should go during the summer one Saturday when everybodys free.
Old 04-05-2006, 01:56 AM
Stytch

We also need to try out the new resturants Pauli Moto's Asian Bistro and Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant(EVERYBODY DRINKS LIKE SHYT IN THIS RESTURANT , HH WOULD BE OFF THE HOOK AT THIS PLACE )

Check out these sites
http://www.paulimotos.com
http://www.gordonbiersch.com
Old 04-05-2006, 08:21 AM
startertan

I like going to hibachi places every once in a while for fun. The food typically isn't that good. It's sort of like the melting pot to me. You're going for the experience not the food.

Been to a few Gordon Biersch restaurants. The beers are great and the food is really good. Definitely a step up in the microbrewery restaurant category.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:36 AM
vlm7

Hibachi is fake... Teppanyaki baby...
Old 04-05-2006, 10:58 AM
ratm68

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by startertan
I like going to hibachi places every once in a while for fun. The food typically isn't that good. It's sort of like the melting pot to me. You're going for the experience not the food.

Been to a few Gordon Biersch restaurants. The beers are great and the food is really good. Definitely a step up in the microbrewery restaurant category.

I agree, I'm down for Brewery but Hibachi is overated in my book. At $20+ a plate of so so fried rice, it's too rich for my blood. I'd rather do some good buffet if I'm going to pay $20+ for my food.

~Khoa
Old 04-05-2006, 11:35 AM
startertan

I could go for some Korean all you can eat BBQ (Yeah Il Mee). One night my gf and I were bored and spur of the moment we drove from Bel Air all the way down to Il Mee. Too bad there isn't something closer. The food there was good but not worth the drive more than once every few months.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:39 AM
terryw

hibachi is over priced, its fun watching them make the food, but the food it self isnt that great.... and you dont get a lot of food either. I prefer mongolian bbq.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:44 AM
vlm7

I could go for some Korean all you can eat BBQ (Yeah Il Mee). One night my gf and I were bored and spur of the moment we drove from Bel Air all the way down to Il Mee. Too bad there isn't something closer. The food there was good but not worth the drive more than once every few months.
My Korean friends say Hee Been (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...file&id=794470) is much better than Il Mee. It is off of 395, so might be closer to you too.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:49 AM
Stytch

Originally Posted by vlm7
Hibachi is fake... Teppanyaki baby...
What's the difference
Old 04-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Stytch

Gordon Biersch is right in TYSONS 1, we should go.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:45 PM
vlm7

Originally Posted by Stytch
What's the difference
Teppanyaki is the more appropriate Japanese term. Teppan is the kind of grill, and yaki is the generic class of grilled food items. A restaurant that advertises this class of food by the more appropriate Japanese term is more likely to be better (more authentic) than a restaurant that advertises it by the popular western term of Hibachi. Guess it all depends on whether you like PF Changs or not...

http://japanesefood.about.com/librar.../aa062501a.htm
Old 04-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Korean BBQ is good. They have good one in Asiandale (Annandale).
Old 04-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Stytch

Teppanyaki is the more appropriate Japanese term. Teppan is the kind of grill, and yaki is the generic class of grilled food items. A restaurant that advertises this class of food by the more appropriate Japanese term is more likely to be better (more authentic) than a restaurant that advertises it by the popular western term of Hibachi. Guess it all depends on whether you like PF Changs or not...

http://japanesefood.about.com/librar.../aa062501a.htm
PF Changs is cool, I like it
Old 04-05-2006, 03:56 PM
startertan

My Korean friends say Hee Been (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp...file&id=794470) is much better than Il Mee. It is off of 395, so might be closer to you too.
Thanks for the tip! Maybe I can check it out this weekend after the Cherry Blossom festival.
Old 04-05-2006, 04:03 PM
LEK

I like korean bbq at Sorak Garden.

Quick Reply: Who enjoys Hibachi Style resturants???