NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

NCAA Championship

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Lethal G35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LEK
^^ is that bruce sister? LOOL jk jk

LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 01:49 PM
terryw

Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Our big guys inside are a huge threat, and when you step in to team up on them you leave a guy open - and we hit 3s. Not luck, not poor defense, its just hard to cover. Bottom line.
tru, but dont sleep on UCLA's bigs, they have a legit 7ft2 guy thats going to make it very hard for the 6-11 Noah to be effective offensively. Noah has always faced smaller and shorter players thus far. I dont think hes going to be doing too much vs UCLA tonight. its going to be a defensive dog fight IMO
Old 04-03-2006, 02:03 PM
UFGatorG35
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by terryw
its going to be a defensive dog fight IMO

I second that - and look forward to it!
Old 04-03-2006, 02:27 PM
G-Tofu

I want Fl to lose................simple i am a mason fan ..........
Old 04-04-2006, 01:30 AM
terryw

That was a very entertaining game, I love how Florida beat the press so easily. They put up an exibition. Noah should be the #1 overall pick! what a monster. Theres no way hes going back to florida next year, despite what he has said before. you just dont give up 10s of millions of guarenteed money.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Pratik

No way Noah goes #1! Not when you got guys like LeMarcus Aldridge, Tryus Thomas and Adam Morrison. Have Noah play the 2 in the Pros and get his ish swatted by Garnett a few times. That'll show him whats up. The diff. with Noah unlike a lot of other college kids makin the jump is I dont think he really has the pressure with $$$. With this Dad making a lot in tennis I am pretty sure they live comfortably so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back.

With that said he's a great college player. He'd def. have to add some lbs. before hittin the NBA.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
UFGatorG35

But... G Mason did bring the same game they played (and beat) the other teams with. They were simply outmatched in every aspect (not to mention the fact that the Gators had to be tackled before a foul was called, which kept it even closer than it would have been). UF has hit 3s against all their opponents, been able to get around almost any defense thrown at them, and I am very confident will do the same against UCLA.

Our big guys inside are a huge threat, and when you step in to team up on them you leave a guy open - and we hit 3s. Not luck, not poor defense, its just hard to cover. Bottom line.

Ahem, I TOLD YA SO!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:43 AM
arjunz

Originally Posted by Pratik
No way Noah goes #1! Not when you got guys like LeMarcus Aldridge, Tryus Thomas and Adam Morrison. Have Noah play the 2 in the Pros and get his ish swatted by Garnett a few times. That'll show him whats up. The diff. with Noah unlike a lot of other college kids makin the jump is I dont think he really has the pressure with $$$. With this Dad making a lot in tennis I am pretty sure they live comfortably so I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back.

With that said he's a great college player. He'd def. have to add some lbs. before hittin the NBA.
I think Noah should draft this year... and i agree with Pratik that he isn't going to be number one pick. I think Rudy Gay is probably going to be number one... I think Noah will be drafted higher than projected... (which was around 13th,14th pic) ... but i dont think he will be top 5... he has a solid game ... but he lacks in a lot of areas (size, JUMP SHOT, etc.) .... I also think Adam Morrison might fall back a little because of his crying stint.. or maybe not? ... do you guys think it was a big deal?!
Old 04-04-2006, 09:46 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by Pratik
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. He's def. quick and a good player. But the NBA is a whole different sea... and there's many big men that are quick and will overpower NOAH.

That other kid looks promising though...the one with the headband.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:51 AM
UFGatorG35

Originally Posted by LEK
That other kid looks promising though...the one with the headband.

Corey Brewer?

Old 04-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Pratik

Problem with Noah is his narrow shoulders!! He has no lower body strength and can't gain weight cause of it. Watch. Won't be able to gain more than 15-20 lbs. max on that frame and with no outside shot (Have you ever seen him take more than a 6-7 footer?) say bye bye to any sort of NBA game. Unfortunately with this size he'll prob. have to play the 3 or 2 in the Pros and he doesn't fit in either of those positions because he has no jump shot and he's not big enough! He's the classic example of a Jared Jeffries that plays for the Wizards. Decent ball handler but no shot and not big enough but was good in college and got his team to the Championship game his sophomore year (Only to get trounced by the Terps). Sound familiar huh?
Old 04-04-2006, 10:02 AM
Pratik

Conversely, Brewer has a better show in the Pros. Only because he creates mismatches with his size. If he can develop his outside shot even more (He already has a good one to begin with) he can play the SG spot and create havoc cause he's so tall and seems to be quick on defense. The NBA is all about size and where you fit in. If you don't have a defined position you're kind of F'ed. I do a lot of research into sports anyways. The Wiz need to hire me as a draft expert!!
LEK

Corey Brewer?

yeah....Brewer..he should be good in the NBA.
pdjafari

Corey Brewer?

Ja Rule??
Old 04-04-2006, 10:04 AM
UFGatorG35

Originally Posted by pdjafari
Ja Rule??