NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Man...all this talk about g's getting their rims stolen is freaking me out....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 04:17 PM
LEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man...all this talk about g's getting their rims stolen is freaking me out....

It seems to have become a problem. However, both cases the wheels didn't have wheel locks...but still, just the thought of g's being a target. I'll need to consult my friend and see what I can do to deter this on my car since I park outside.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:22 PM
pdjafari

let me know lekky boy...i saw both threads....the thought of my ride on its side like that....maan...ask ur 'boy' about a low car as well...like what if the theif cant get a jack under the car. i just replaced my outdoor motion detector w/ twin 120 Watt bulbs pointing directly AT my car!! i already have 1 set of wheel locks on but Ive ordered another set just to be safe!!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
luongdmd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
suks...... makes me want to get 5 locks on my car......
The following users liked this post:
Sergio Soto (09-29-2013)
Old 03-14-2006, 04:30 PM
nmanti

Yea, you can only do but so much... Make sure your insurance covers theft/vandelisim. Although if Gs continue to be prime targets the rates may go up.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:30 PM
UFGatorG35
Florida G35 Club, General Member

Much better than wheel locks!

Sergio Soto (01-26-2014)
Old 03-14-2006, 04:31 PM
ratm68

Originally Posted by LEK
It seems to have become a problem. However, both cases the wheels didn't have wheel locks...but still, just the thought of g's being a target. I'll need to consult my friend and see what I can do to deter this on my car since I park outside.

I think the trick to make them think you have an aftermarket alarm. I'm sure they're not going to waste time to test your bluff and would just move to your neighbor's car . Perhap adding a blinking blue LED of some sort. Might just be me, but I think that would deter some since they are simply looking for a quick job. Shock and tilt sensor might not be a bad idea, to catch them off guard incase they bump the tire while removing. I got a shock sensor to add onto factory alarm but haven't install yet. I'm sure if they really want your stuff, they'll steal at all cost. But would they risk the trouble if they can get what they need from a car that appear less armed? of course not.

~Khoa
Sergio Soto (09-29-2013)
Old 03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by pdjafari
let me know lekky boy...i saw both threads....the thought of my ride on its side like that....maan...ask ur 'boy' about a low car as well...like what if the theif cant get a jack under the car. i just replaced my outdoor motion detector w/ twin 120 Watt bulbs pointing directly AT my car!! i already have 1 set of wheel locks on but Ive ordered another set just to be safe!!
hey where did you order your sets? let me know... i want to order an extra 3 sets. Im gonna talk to him later today when I see him though. He's a great thief so he knows all the tricks in the book.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:32 PM
louielou

The locks are fine (good idea), but consider the trouble you will go thru if you get a flat on the highway in the middle of nowhere. You'll have to take out the key for every single lug and risking the possiblity of getting run over by some other commuter.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by ratm68
I think the trick to make them think you have an aftermarket alarm. I'm sure they're not going to waste time to test your bluff and would just move to your neighbor's car . Perhap adding a blinking blue LED of some sort. Might just be me, but I think that would deter some since they are simply looking for a quick job. Shock and tilt sensor might not be a bad idea, to catch them off guard incase they bump the tire while removing. I got a shock sensor to add onto factory alarm but haven't install yet. I'm sure if they really want your stuff, they'll steal at all cost. But would they risk the trouble if they can get what they need from a car that appear less armed? of course not.

~Khoa
When I used to do bad things back in the day..alarms...motion sensor flood lights did not deter me.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM
louielou

Originally Posted by ratm68

~Khoa
Bulldog talking alarm..hehe...69.00 and works good for situations like that. It has a shock sensor.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:34 PM
louielou

Originally Posted by UFGatorG35
Much better than wheel locks!

I must agree.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:35 PM
LEK

Tip #1: Have multiple wheel lock sets... and NEVER leave them in your car. Never!
Old 03-14-2006, 04:36 PM
pdjafari

hahaha guns only work if you see the thief....
Old 03-14-2006, 05:46 PM
G-Tofu

Well, I have a set of brand new nissan wheel locks for sale ........
Old 03-14-2006, 06:34 PM
Stytch

Where are these thefts being committed? and are they taking factory, after market or both types of rims?

Quick Reply: Man...all this talk about g's getting their rims stolen is freaking me out....