NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Bad News.....verry Bad News...

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 07:19 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah, vince is somewhat of an @ss.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:16 PM
wanalaugh74

Originally Posted by Destro
Why would I do that? You should be coming to me for services that are non-warranty. I'll be cheaper than Infiniti to start with, plus I'll give you discounts.
HOw much would you charge to install aftermarket rotors/pads? And oil change if I brought in my own Mobil 1?
Old 03-13-2006, 10:32 PM
300zx2G35

Originally Posted by KlokDeezal
I have had mixed reactions w/ Passport. When I first got my car, they were kinda **** cuz I didnt buy my car from them and got it from Grubbs. When the XM radio failed due to pinched wires, I brought it to them and they told me that I had to pay for it, cuz Grubbs is a performance infiniti dealer and they wont cover the part. So I had to have Grubbs send me another one and then bring it back to Passport and Grubbs paid for the labor. My service Rep was some guy named Greg. He looked like he was always disgruntled and pissed off everyday. I stop going to him and went to Ray who was really cool, but when I came back, he was gone. Jeff I can vouch for cuz he is kinda cool and nice and he did hook me up once or twice. I have not been back there since. I like IOC, but if the turnover rate gets any higher, I might be forced to go back.
They never had a problem with my car being from a different Infiniti dealer (bought it at Coleman but will never go back to them). They just treated me as if I had bought the car from them.

But yea Ray was my service rep until he moved to sales. He was a good guy. Always hooked me up and pulled strings if i ever needed anything. Jeff is def cool. He's always talking about how they have a few modified (turbo, supercharger, etc.) G's come in for warranty work and they never turn them away. Last time I took my car in for the TSBs and to have my camber kits installed, I had Jeff be my service rep cuz I didn't want the hassle of dealing with my new rep Dana ?Nouvesel?. He wasn't friendly at all; treated me like a kid and didn't even introduce himself or say hi to me. All he tried to do was talk to my dad and not to me. I was ready to be like hey this is my car, I pay for it, I drive it all the time, I know whats wrong so you need to be talking to me and not to my dad.

It's been at least 5 months since then and I haven't been back there, since nothing is wrong with my car, so I dont know whats going on with them now. They are the closest Infiniti dealer to me (only ~1hr versus 2-3hrs) so I will continue to take my car to them.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:48 PM
startertan

Originally Posted by KlokDeezal
I have had mixed reactions w/ Passport. When I first got my car, they were kinda **** cuz I didnt buy my car from them and got it from Grubbs. When the XM radio failed due to pinched wires, I brought it to them and they told me that I had to pay for it, cuz Grubbs is a performance infiniti dealer and they wont cover the part. So I had to have Grubbs send me another one and then bring it back to Passport and Grubbs paid for the labor. My service Rep was some guy named Greg. He looked like he was always disgruntled and pissed off everyday. I stop going to him and went to Ray who was really cool, but when I came back, he was gone. Jeff I can vouch for cuz he is kinda cool and nice and he did hook me up once or twice. I have not been back there since. I like IOC, but if the turnover rate gets any higher, I might be forced to go back.
Yeah I've never dealt with Greg but he doesn't instill me with any faith. I've had to sit and wait for Jeff while he deals with other customers which is cool. I observed Greg on the phone and deal with customers. Customer friendly isn't #1 in his book if you ask me. Stick with Jeff. He's a busy busy guy but worth the wait. He's DEFINITELY taken care of me on more than one occasion. I won't deal with anyone else.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:17 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by pdjafari
new guy named 'vince'...doesnt seem too friendly....doesnt look good for IOC...im not feeling too welcome anymore. overall they let me in the back to check out the fact my car is so low they couldnt get it on the rack for an alignment...hopefully we'll see if they can find a work around.

I also mentioned how we are supposed to receive 20% NOT 15% to Gary and he said he would take care of it..
vince needs to go...thats my opinion.. cause he's they're losing customers quick. i think its time we go back to the drawing board....
Old 03-14-2006, 02:14 AM
vlm7

I dealt w/ Dana at Passport. He was not the warmest or friendliest at first, but he was professional. As soon as he checked out my car and settled down from whatever else might have been distracting him when I first walked into the Service Department, he loosened up and treated me as a valued customer. Ultimately, I don't visit a dealer to have them brighten my day; I visit to have them perform certain work on my car. I think the focus of all of our reviews should be on that. While we may not always be able to scrutinize the quality of the work that was performed, I think at the end of the day, that counts for more than whether a dealer representative gives you the warm fuzzies. Please don't get me wrong, they should be nice to you, but I think we should maintain perspective in assessing dealers. Your priorities and values may certainly differ from mine.

If you'll indulge even more of my two cents, allow me to continue. While it is not my intention to demean any particulr club members and forum posters, I think that some (clearly not all) negative customer service experiences result from how the customer engages their service advisor. While the advisor should treat any actual or prospective customer equally with the utmost degree of care and professionalism, I think we can all agree that they are human and have limited energy, time, patience, etc., such that they will likely show favor to those that either engage them in an easier fashion, or those that appear to be a greater prospect. The foregoing not being an excuse, but a realistic acknowledgement of the relational dynamic, I think it is imperative for each customer to clearly articulate their needs and expectations for service, and to also extend some slack and courtesy to their service advisor. Hopefully as we each do our part in order to facilitate and encourage the best possible service, we'll transform what seems to be a less than ideal Inifiniti dealer service climate in the DC area.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:46 AM
KlokDeezal

Originally Posted by LEK
vince needs to go...thats my opinion.. cause he's they're losing customers quick. i think its time we go back to the drawing board....
Vince is alright. He put on my wheels and took me back into the shop to check em out and told me that I needed some hub rings and offered to put them on for free once I got them. When I brought the wheels in, Gary sat right there in front of John and I and told Vince "These are G club people and we always take care of them". He repeated it at least twice to him. So when I got my bill, it was only 250. That included the new wheels and new tires (mounting and balancing) and an alignment. I dont think it was too bad.
I went to craven right after to put nitrogen in the tires and to do the same job would have cost about 225.

Oh yeah Craven Tire and Auto does Nitrogen for 6 bucks a tire. Just FYI.
Old 03-14-2006, 07:49 AM
KlokDeezal

Originally Posted by startertan
Yeah I've never dealt with Greg but he doesn't instill me with any faith. I've had to sit and wait for Jeff while he deals with other customers which is cool. I observed Greg on the phone and deal with customers. Customer friendly isn't #1 in his book if you ask me. Stick with Jeff. He's a busy busy guy but worth the wait. He's DEFINITELY taken care of me on more than one occasion. I won't deal with anyone else.

Yeah I look at like this, If I ever go back to Passport, it will be cuz Gary left IOC. Passport is the closest to me, but I just was not treated all that great w/ the service. Jeff is the only service rep there who I would go to
Old 03-14-2006, 08:17 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by vlm7
I dealt w/ Dana at Passport. He was not the warmest or friendliest at first, but he was professional. As soon as he checked out my car and settled down from whatever else might have been distracting him when I first walked into the Service Department, he loosened up and treated me as a valued customer. Ultimately, I don't visit a dealer to have them brighten my day; I visit to have them perform certain work on my car. I think the focus of all of our reviews should be on that. While we may not always be able to scrutinize the quality of the work that was performed, I think at the end of the day, that counts for more than whether a dealer representative gives you the warm fuzzies. Please don't get me wrong, they should be nice to you, but I think we should maintain perspective in assessing dealers. Your priorities and values may certainly differ from mine.

If you'll indulge even more of my two cents, allow me to continue. While it is not my intention to demean any particulr club members and forum posters, I think that some (clearly not all) negative customer service experiences result from how the customer engages their service advisor. While the advisor should treat any actual or prospective customer equally with the utmost degree of care and professionalism, I think we can all agree that they are human and have limited energy, time, patience, etc., such that they will likely show favor to those that either engage them in an easier fashion, or those that appear to be a greater prospect. The foregoing not being an excuse, but a realistic acknowledgement of the relational dynamic, I think it is imperative for each customer to clearly articulate their needs and expectations for service, and to also extend some slack and courtesy to their service advisor. Hopefully as we each do our part in order to facilitate and encourage the best possible service, we'll transform what seems to be a less than ideal Inifiniti dealer service climate in the DC area.
True at the end of the day you want them to do their job and perform whatever task is being asked of them...whether it is at your cost or theirs. However, that's given... because that is exactly what you're going in for. I didn't go in there to buy some smiles and good attitude. But as everyone knows...when you are selling something....a product or even service, customer service is equally as important as the quality of work. That is why there is competition in the market...whatever market it is... it can be a fast food chain. If I receive horrible service somewhere just know that I will not be back. I don't give a rat's a$$ whether or not they gave me extra fries when my burger came out... It's an overall experience. They may have done a great job at fixing my hub bearing...but that doesn't mean jack... because I PAID for it. Am I supposed to be grateful that they fixed it properly (which i dont know if they did or not)? Am I? Every company I've been associated with the number one most emphasized thing is customer service. Yeah of course give people breaks or cut them some slack...

Another example of what makes and breaks a sale would be when I was buying my dell laptop. My sister ordered it over the phone and the person was supposed to send a confirmation of what we ordered. Well they didn't...then when she called back it took her over 40 mins. to find someone who would be able to fax her the detail. Anyways...she got tired of it and asked to speak to a manager. In the end she cancelled the order because their customer service sucks. And we will not be buying anymore dells in the near future. It may be easy as cake to find someone to sell you something at dell but when you go back to troubleshoot an issue... its like night and day.

I hope you have a great experience next time you're at IOC.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:20 AM
startertan

Originally Posted by vlm7
Yeah I like needed dictionary.com to understand half of that...just kidding Vic. So elegant. You should've been a politician or a poli sci prof.

I agree in that the main point isn't whether or not the service guy makes you feel like he's your best friend but how he treats your car and how well the services on your car are performed. However, I think we can all agree that how a customer service advisor treats the customer is a probable reflection of how he treats that customer's vehicle. The bottom line being if he doesn't give a **** about you he won't give a **** about your car.

In my mind it seems like this, you go to your service advisor and he's kind of a cold and unfriendly jerk. He takes your keys and gives them to one of the service techs and says "Take care of that punk's car over there". Now he may just be in a bad mood and having a bad day, you didn't do anything wrong, but now the service tech thinks that you're some kind of @sshat. He starts treating your car with less respect and so on and so forth. Obviously this is a little far fetched but you see what I mean. On the opposing side the SA says "Please take extra care of that gentleman's car". Now the tech thinks that you're a good guy and may go that extra mile on your car.

Also, if he's nice, you're nice, it makes future hassles all that much easier to deal with. If there's an error on your bill or you need some special work done. Having a rapport with a good SA can make all the difference between "F*ck now my car is f'ed up and it's costing me money" or "I'm glad so and so was there to help me out when I needed it"
Old 03-14-2006, 08:48 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by startertan
Yeah I like needed dictionary.com to understand half of that...just kidding Vic. So elegant. You should've been a politician or a poli sci prof.

I agree in that the main point isn't whether or not the service guy makes you feel like he's your best friend but how he treats your car and how well the services on your car are performed. However, I think we can all agree that how a customer service advisor treats the customer is a probable reflection of how he treats that customer's vehicle. The bottom line being if he doesn't give a **** about you he won't give a **** about your car.

In my mind it seems like this, you go to your service advisor and he's kind of a cold and unfriendly jerk. He takes your keys and gives them to one of the service techs and says "Take care of that punk's car over there". Now he may just be in a bad mood and having a bad day, you didn't do anything wrong, but now the service tech thinks that you're some kind of @sshat. He starts treating your car with less respect and so on and so forth. Obviously this is a little far fetched but you see what I mean. On the opposing side the SA says "Please take extra care of that gentleman's car". Now the tech thinks that you're a good guy and may go that extra mile on your car.

Also, if he's nice, you're nice, it makes future hassles all that much easier to deal with. If there's an error on your bill or you need some special work done. Having a rapport with a good SA can make all the difference between "F*ck now my car is f'ed up and it's costing me money" or "I'm glad so and so was there to help me out when I needed it"
i agree!!!
Old 03-14-2006, 09:12 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

Bad News!!

I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Lekco
Old 03-14-2006, 09:15 AM
JDM 350GT

pf...IOC and gary make me laugh. hahaha(?)
Old 03-14-2006, 09:20 AM
pdjafari

i dont think they can get my car on a jack for an alignment....jeff when can i come in for an alignment mang?? my camber is horrible...
Old 03-14-2006, 09:21 AM
LEK

Originally Posted by clokwork
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Lekco
C'mon man!! you're supposed to keep the fire going! I'll just wait for another one of Vic's long responses LOOL

Quick Reply: Bad News.....verry Bad News...