NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

local place to install an ipod adapter

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 04:30 PM
QBall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
local place to install an ipod adapter

anyone have any reccommendations for placed to get a pac unit installed? I'd do it myself but I don't know when I'll have time to go to my parents house to use their garage.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:40 PM
terryw

puria knows how to do it.
Old 01-30-2006, 05:30 PM
pdjafari

yup, installed in about....1-1.5 hrs. its a pain on the 03-04, but i hear alot simpler on the 05+s...b/c they say there are alot more dash pieces w/ the 03-04s...
Old 01-30-2006, 05:45 PM
absolutg

pdjafari: did you tie down the PAC unit somewhere? or just let it sit under the stereo or something?
Old 01-30-2006, 05:59 PM
pdjafari

There are 2 places you can put the pac unit. If your skilled enough, you can try and tuck it under the stock radio (which I am not skilled, nor had the patience for.). The other way I know of, is in the passenger side (alternate cig. lighter housing.). After you remove this housing, you will see you have alot of space in this area, near where the carpeting starts. I simply pulled off the plastic piece (after removing the 2-3 screws) and let it slide snugly in that spot. Then I simply put the dash piece back over it...it was a bit more snug as your concealing an object there...but it works!!

I've also heard you can put it near the upper glove cubby box (kinda floating) up there....but I didnt want to have it 'float' there. It would only be held up by 2-3 pieces of thin metal...id rather have it 'sit' somewhere.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:10 PM
Destro
Bad *** Mutha****a

Originally Posted by pdjafari
yup, installed in about....1-1.5 hrs. its a pain on the 03-04, but i hear alot simpler on the 05+s...b/c they say there are alot more dash pieces w/ the 03-04s...
Yeah, the 04's are a huge pain in the A$$. I had to take the stereo out like 3 times wiring in my XM unit.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:42 PM
absolutg

Originally Posted by pdjafari
There are 2 places you can put the pac unit. If your skilled enough, you can try and tuck it under the stock radio (which I am not skilled, nor had the patience for.). The other way I know of, is in the passenger side (alternate cig. lighter housing.). After you remove this housing, you will see you have alot of space in this area, near where the carpeting starts. I simply pulled off the plastic piece (after removing the 2-3 screws) and let it slide snugly in that spot. Then I simply put the dash piece back over it...it was a bit more snug as your concealing an object there...but it works!!

I've also heard you can put it near the upper glove cubby box (kinda floating) up there....but I didnt want to have it 'float' there. It would only be held up by 2-3 pieces of thin metal...id rather have it 'sit' somewhere.
i have a sedan, so i dunno if that area matches what you are talking about? i might try to tuck it under the stereo... hrm i dunno. i just don't want it moving around and causing rattles. i'm hoping to exorcise one really bad rattle/squeak when i take the dash apart.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:46 PM
pdjafari

Originally Posted by absolutg
i have a sedan, so i dunno if that area matches what you are talking about? i might try to tuck it under the stereo... hrm i dunno. i just don't want it moving around and causing rattles. i'm hoping to exorcise one really bad rattle/squeak when i take the dash apart.
What I did was used velcro tape. I bought some strips of it from Home Depot/Lowes for like $3-5. Just snap one piece on the bare metal of the car somewhere and the other piece on the back of the PAC unit...BAM!!
Old 01-30-2006, 06:51 PM
absolutg

good idea, thanks!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:20 PM
QBall

yea i have an 04 that was my main reason for prefering to just have a local shop do it...my laziness
Old 01-30-2006, 07:22 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

I would love one put in too. I gotta see if im keeping this car or not first though.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:35 PM
Pratik

I put mine in the glovebox area (right in front of the in-cabin air filter). Its a lot easier to access and since I have an open RCA connection on it, if I ever wanted to put in another device its just taking off the 3 screws of the glovebox to reach it.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:06 PM
absolutg

i don't think i can do this since i have the nav system dvd player there... unless you're talking about some other area?
Old 01-30-2006, 09:37 PM
QBall

looks like i might just have to man up and install it myself
Old 01-30-2006, 10:19 PM
pdjafari

Q if u need some help lemme know. we can get crunked up and try to install to make it more interesting...lol

Quick Reply: local place to install an ipod adapter