NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:42 AM
terryw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.

So after Devon dropped me off at my car I proceeded to make my way home, I decided to cut through campus since its a lot shorter. So basically I was blasting my music in my car and I had my windows down driving down route 1 and 193, as you all know I pulled an all nighter the previous night and i was tired, i was trying to let the chillin wind and loud music keep me awake. So this campus popo was right beside me at the light that turns onto campus.

so i was minding my own business and making my way across campus, then i noticed this campus popo (my camous has its own police station) was following me. it was real dark outside and he was trying to be slick thinking i dont know im being followed. So i tested it by making several turns and he kept following me... So i was thinking WTF i didnt do **** wrong, why the hell is he following me for. So i pulled into a parking lot by the camous rec center and just stopped in the middle of the road. then he pulled up to me and he was like, "just for future reference I could pull you over for having your music this loud." I was like "then why didnt you pull me over earlier? youve been tailing me for a while." In fact once i got on campus through the checkpoint, i closed windows up so theres no way it would have been loud to the outside, and I wasnt even at max volume on my STOCK stereo system.... it was on like 28.
but he was like "well I can write you a ticket for having you music this loud". so i was like "fine im sorry, i wont do it again, my bad, you have a nice night" so he took off.

my theory of what really happened is... The a$$ saw i was driving a real nice car, and he was hating and jealous. probably ran my tags immediately and was pissed that it didnt come back as stolen. So he decided to follow me around discretely and try to wait for me to speed or do something wrong so he can pull me over. my music wasnt even that lound, if he wanted to pull me over for that, he could have done so any time during the 5 min he was following me around. stupid campus police... hes like my age, just graduated from my school, its sad hes doing this instead of something constructive and fight crime or something. what an a$$hole. dosnt even know how to tail someone... and hes also asian too..

Last edited by terryw; 11-11-2005 at 12:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 AM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by terryw
my theory of what really happened is... The a$$ saw i was driving a real nice car, and he was hating and jealous.
Yeah, I'm sure that's probably true.

Did you get a ticket? No. The officer gave you a verbal warning and left you alone. Last time I checked that's called cutting you a break. You should be greatful.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:59 AM
terryw

im not grateful at all, i had my windows closed while i was driving on campus. i didnt do anything wrong. he was being a *****. if i was doing something wrong as in my music being too loud. WHY DIDNT HE PULL ME OVER? If my music was so loud that it can get through my windows, why didnt he pull me over immediately? instead of following me for 5 min. the fact of the matter is he never pulled me over. I STOPPED in the middle of the road, and he knew the gig was up and he had to come up and make up an excuse for following me.
I would be grateful if I did something wrong, the fact of the matter is I didnt do anything wrong, he was obviously just tailing me to try to wait for me to do something wrong so he can have a real excuse to pull me over.

Last edited by terryw; 11-11-2005 at 01:06 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:07 AM
skeleton_cru

im not grateful at all, i had my windows closed while i was driving on campus. i didnt do anything wrong. he was being a *****. if i was doing something wrong as in my music being too loud. WHY DIDNT HE PULL ME OVER? If my music was so loud that it can get through my windows, why didnt he pull me over immediately? instead of following me for 5 min. the fact of the matter is he never pulled me over. I STOPPED in the middle of the road, and he knew the gig was up and he had to come up and make up an excuse for following me.
If he could hear your music then it was too loud. He was tailing you to see what you were up to. When he saw you weren't a drunk or driving like an @ss he gave you a warning about the music and went on his way. What's the problem?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:21 AM
pdjafari

the problem is when ur doing nothing wrong you should NOT be harrassed...that IMO is a problem....when my tax money is going to a person who should be upholding the law by going after crooks/thieves etc rather than toying with people who have nicer cars etc etc...thats my problem...

the law in this country states ur INNOCENT until proven GUILTY, this aint saudi arabia where your GUILTY until proven INNOCENT, therefore with that in mind, cops can follow long enough to run your tags or see if your swerving etc etc etc...but not to just 'FIND' an excuse to say something....
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 AM
pdjafari

what it comes down to for me is rather than harrassing someone who obviously isnt drunk etc etc, he should be making better use of tax money than stalking/tailing people in nice cars...b/c believe it or not cru, most of the time when officer's see young guys/gals driving nice cars....they give them more of a hard time....thats the truth...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:24 AM
terryw

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
If he could hear your music then it was too loud. He was tailing you to see what you were up to. When he saw you weren't a drunk or driving like an @ss he gave you a warning about the music and went on his way. What's the problem?
thats a b*tch move to me. and a b*tch excuse, thats not a legitimate reason for following me. i had my windows open before i got on campus, but once i got on campus i closed them. at that point, if he pulled me over before that, then I wouldnt be so mad, but he was using an excuse that wasnt an issue once i got on campus and turned my windows up, theres no way someone in another car can hear it especially at his distance. He wouldnt hear jack even if i was blowing at full volume with my windows up. If you dont mind some ***** police officer following you trying to find an excuse to pull you over, more power to you. I personally consider that irratating. they should have better things to do, he followed me through like 5 turns and for around 5 min and would have followed me longer if I didnt stop.

Last edited by terryw; 11-11-2005 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:31 AM
skeleton_cru

You guys have no idea what you're talking about. I suggest you take the time to go on a ride along with a police officer or deputy sheriff so you can see what law enforcement is all about.

A lot of arrests that are made for drugs, DWI, weapons, etc. start off as simple traffic stops. It's a tool law enforcement uses to get the bigger fish. When that officer saw you weren't a big fish he left you alone.

And I don't mind being followed by a police officer. If I'm not doing anything wrong, what do I have to worry about?
Old 11-11-2005, 01:39 AM
terryw

more power to you then, i consider it irratating and annoying. i dont like to be profiled as a possible criminal just because i have a nice car. Its annoying. and just my 2 cents, youre saying this now, but if its happening to you, i doubt it that you wouldnt feel ticked that a police officer is following you and trying to look for a reason to pull you over. I doubt youd feel comfortable in that situation. but if it really dosnt bother you then more power to ya.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:46 AM
skeleton_cru

youre saying this now, but if its happening to you, i doubt it that you wouldnt feel ticked that a police officer is following you and trying to look for a reason to pull you over. I doubt youd feel comfortable in that situation. but if it really dosnt bother you then more power to ya.
What? You think you're the only one in the world that's ever been pulled over? Are you kidding me? I've been followed, pulled over, etc. plenty of times. When the officer figured out I wasn't a crook everything was fine. They're just doing their job. I don't think the officer that you dealt with was out of line at all.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:47 AM
pdjafari

no i actually do know what i am talking about b/c i have been followed before and always for no apparent reason, but never pulled over. i am not the type of person who gets nervous or loses control at the sight of a police officer. i understand they have a tough job, and a dangerous one, however in the areas of va/md we are from the worst crime that gets committed is probably a robbery...once in a blue moon...i used to live in LA...so i can understand your thought process...but over here the worst crime involves 'noise pollution' or J walking...hardly a felony. However there are parts in both VA and MD which require more police action/attention but rarely get it. its almost as if they say protect the good areas from getting worse...but screw the already screwed up regions. my whole problem is i am not speeding nor driving like an a$$ therefore after about 4-10 min of tailing me give it up...and if not pull me over search me and my car and call it a night. dont try and be slick by following me for 15 min. JUST to have me swerve b/c im so nervous your tailgating me i forget to signal and get a ticket for it...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by pdjafari
b/c believe it or not cru, most of the time when officer's see young guys/gals driving nice cars....they give them more of a hard time....thats the truth...
Another unqualified statement.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:48 AM
pdjafari

i guess my issue is if i look suspicious or you have resonable doubt pull me over and search me/my car etc. i have no problem w/ that cause i dont have anything to hide...but to follow me around to WAIT for me to make a mistake...is almost like entrapment....
Old 11-11-2005, 01:51 AM
pdjafari

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
Another unqualified statement.
you might consider it unqualified, however more often than not its the truth. i know your used to the 16 year old G drivers posting in the coupe forum about how an #@$% #$%@ @#$@#%$@$% cop pulled them over for racing and are more than upset about it. but over here in VA, we have 'rednecks' who dont like minorities....and although driving while a minority is not a crime, nor is driving a nice car so long as its not stolen....being followed for no reason IMO isnt right...
Old 11-11-2005, 01:55 AM
pdjafari

cru what u doing up this late anywayz, shouldnt u be harrassing is3002g35?? loool

Quick Reply: Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.