NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:35 PM
QBall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by terryw
im also stating the facts, you point? I have a right to stop my car, last time i checked stopping my car wasnt illegal.
in the middle of the road though? or were you in a parking lot
Old 11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
terryw

I was in the middle of the road leading toward the parking lot at our campus rec center. theres no traffic at that time of the hour. even if there was traffic, I could have stopped my car because " felt like my brakes are failing"or if something might put me in danger, like being followed by a police car for the past 5 minutes. he cant ticket me for that, he could have come up and asked me whats wrong, and if i need assistance. he cant give me a ticket for stopping my car.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:39 PM
QBall

Originally Posted by terryw
I was in the middle of the road leading toward the parking lot at our campus rec center. theres no traffic at that time of the hour. even if there was traffic, I could have stopped my car because " felt like my brakes are failing"or if something might put me in danger, like being followed by a police car for the past 5 minutes. he cant ticket me for that, he could have come up and asked me whats wrong, and if i need assistance. he cant give me a ticket for stopping my car.
well thats a different story, must have skimmed over that part...my bad
Old 11-11-2005, 02:44 PM
terryw

youre not at fualt at anything, your just putting the info you have and making a deduction based on them. i dont mind that at all. I just feel like you didnt have to tell me that I should stop complaining when Im explaining the situation to someone else. but its all good, I didnt mean for this thread to grow this big in the first place.
I feel like I was being treated injustly and I feel like the officer was a prik. Ive been pulled over and ticketed before, i didnt like it, but i never felt irratated and harassed like last night. I had a bad night and im leaving it at that. thread closed. no harsh feelings, we are all family here.

Last edited by terryw; 11-11-2005 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:55 PM
arjunz

haha ... come on guys ..lets not get angry .. Terry is just annoyed because he got harrased by a cop.. Terry, i know it sucks .. but there is not much we can do.. i have been followed several times, but i dont stop... i just keep driving home, not trying to make any mistakes in my driving... i think thats the best thing to do .. because the cop is left with two thigns, follow u home ... and feel stupid or eventually give up.... sometimes cops have nothing better to do... so might as well follow some young *** driver in a nice car..
Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
LEK

i remember when the female state trooper pulled me over and was lecturing me..she was like "why were you speeding? because you are young and dumb?" and I was like..."I'm 25..." and she said.."...oh" HAHAHAHA
Old 11-11-2005, 04:05 PM
nmanti

I've got to agree with pdjafari and terry on this one...
I have been followed (for long periods of time) pulled over and searched multiple times (and in different states).
Being a young black male in a pretty nice ride may have something to do with it...
H*ll I've even been out and had them ask my white g/f if she was ok. WTF kinda sh*t is that.

Last edited by nmanti; 11-11-2005 at 04:29 PM.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:19 PM
terryw

Arjun I stand by my decision to stop. I felt it was the best course of action at the moment.

its not like its against the law for the police officer to drive behind me, I dont own the road. but if hes persistent enough to follow me through 5 turns in 5 minutes, which on our local campus covers a lot of blocks. I feel uncomfortable with that. Id like to know why im being followed. So I stopped, i got nothing to hide, i know i didnt do anything wrong. So now he can either keep driving past me or he can confront me if he has some issue with me. he pulls up to me and says "for future references, I can pull you over for having your music that loud". I dont see how that issue justifies him following me.

I feel like if he wanted to just give me a warning about my music being too loud, he could have pulled me over anytime and given me a warning. the fact that he didnt pull me over, but instead decided to follow me with such persistency suggest to me that he had alterior motives on his mind. I feel like he was after more than just a warning. And fortunately I didnt give him the oppurtnity.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:26 PM
arjunz

^ Terry obviously he was following you so you make a mistake and he can bust your *** .... thats why they follow us when they see us driving such cars and we are young, we are bound to make mistakes.... and they can write more tickets and fill their quotas... i know its uncomfortable, but i still keep on driving... i wouldn't want to stop, cuz they can give me stupid tickets such as my Clear corners, not having front licesnes plate, tints or some stupid **** like that, i dont know about MD cops ... but VA cops are pretty **** about this ****...
Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by nmanti
I've got to agree with pdjafari and terry on this one...
I have been followed (for long periods of time) pulled over and searched multiple times (and in different states).
Being a young black male in a pretty nice ride may have something to do with it...
H*ll I've even been out and had them ask my white g/f if she was ok. WTF kinda sh*t is that.
the cops probably just finished watching Predator the night before... LOL HAHAHAA JK JK JK!!!

Yeah man I hate five ohs.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:54 PM
LEK

Originally Posted by arjunz
i wouldn't want to stop, cuz they can give me stupid tickets such as my Clear corners, not having front licesnes plate, being in the taliban, tints or some stupid **** like that,
^^ yeah man i feel ya!! thats f'ed up!!
Old 11-11-2005, 05:03 PM
arjunz

^^ haha thats fuked up lek ... atleast they wont give me a ticket for not being able to see the steering wheel
Old 11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
NoG4Me

Damn yi, that sucks.

I got pulled over by campus police once and the officer had braces and looked like he was 17. Felt weird, like a kid you used to babysit being your boss or something.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:50 AM
terryw

dirtyD, please call my cell, i cant make outgoing calls, lcd on my phone broke after i droped it hard. need to talk about zoom zoom live and your car meet.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:32 AM
Jee_35

ROFL... UMCP police... they're all a bunch of ***gots man.. I had my car broken into last year and had my wallet and books and stuff all jacked. When they arrived, all they did was drink their starbucks and joke around while making a police report... Needless to say... was the biggest waste of my time. Hope they trip and fall.. :P

Quick Reply: Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.