NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:58 AM
skeleton_cru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pdjafari
you might consider it unqualified, however more often than not its the truth. i know your used to the 16 year old G drivers posting in the coupe forum about how an #@$% #$%@ @#$@#%$@$% cop pulled them over for racing and are more than upset about it. but over here in VA, we have 'rednecks' who dont like minorities....and although driving while a minority is not a crime, nor is driving a nice car so long as its not stolen....being followed for no reason IMO isnt right...
You're right, I don't know how it is over there since I haven't driven there before. But, I stand by my statement because you can't make blanket statements about all cops. The fact that a police officer drives behind you for a few miles is hardly harrassment. If he really wanted to he could FIND something to pull you over for.

PS - I know what it's like to be a minority since I've been one all my life.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:02 AM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by pdjafari
cru what u doing up this late anywayz, shouldnt u be harrassing is3002g35?? loool
I'm feeling a little under the weather and I called in sick. What better to do when playing hookey, then to hang out around here?

Speaking of IS300, check out this thread and start reading at post #194:
http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72425
Old 11-11-2005, 02:05 AM
pdjafari

^^LOOL, that post geo had on matt during his 'breakup' was classic..but i expected something like that from you, not him! lool...
Old 11-11-2005, 02:22 AM
terryw

Originally Posted by skeleton_cru
You're right, I don't know how it is over there since I haven't driven there before. But, I stand by my statement because you can't make blanket statements about all cops. The fact that a police officer drives behind you for a few miles is hardly harrassment. If he really wanted to he could FIND something to pull you over for.

PS - I know what it's like to be a minority since I've been one all my life.
I didnt make any blanket statment about all cops, im talking about a specific cop and a specific situation. he was trying hes best to find something to pull me over, i was driving slow, stop at stop signs and my car is completely stock. he had NO reason to pull me over and he was following me trying to find one. I have places to go, i dont need to get pulled over the minute i exceed the speed limit because hes profiling me. I find that annoying.
I dont like how hes following me obviously because Im driving a nice car, I dont see him following all the other cars around. Theres a difference to me at least between being followed because he just want to make sure im not drunk or doing anything illegal. versus being followed because he wants to pull me over and write me a ticket and hes just waiting for me to do something that gives him a reason to pull me over. Theres a difference in INTENT between the scenarios. Im making my own judgement on his intent based on my observations.

whatever you consider as harrassment is your own business. you feel we have no idea what we're talking about or that he makes unqualified statements. your point? I consider you to be spineless, delusional and out of touch with reality. everyones got their own take and their own oppinions.

I consider what i experienced tonight harrasment and I have my own definetion of whats annoying and irratating.

Last edited by terryw; 11-11-2005 at 03:55 AM.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:54 AM
skeleton_cru

Originally Posted by terryw
I didnt make any blanket statment about all cops
I know, I was referring to jafari.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:24 AM
terryw

last time i checked, you werent there. youre just pulling things out of your a$$ assuming a set of circumstances thats different from what actually took place. i actually agree with you to a certain extent on the points you make, too bad your self placed assumptions are not much different from making blanket statements. theres no need for calling out jafari considering your own tendency to make assumptions.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:00 AM
skeleton_cru

Eh, whatever.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:42 AM
arjunz

its funny seeing ya'll arguing ... Terry... let it goo.. You didn't get a ticket because you didn't do anything wrong.. and the cop was just there to make sure that you weren't driving drunk or whatever... i think this should be an argument at all...
Old 11-11-2005, 07:59 AM
LEK

Terry don't worry about it. Just scratch it off as Cru liking pork rinds. LOL
Old 11-11-2005, 01:23 PM
terryw

im not worrying about it, there nothing i can do about it. im definetly ticked about it. i just feel like its not about following me to see if i was drunk, its not like i havnt been pulled over or followed before. it was never for this long, this dude made like 5 turns after me.

keep in mind its not like he was following me for a while, then pulls up and gives me a warning and leaves. I forced him to confront me by stoping in the middle of the road. I wanted to know why he was following me because i was feeling uncomfortable being followed for so long. If i didnt do that, then he would have kept following me.

1. if he wants to use my stereo as an excuse then fine, he should have just pulled up and gave me a warning. if the loud sound is a problem (keep in mind the minute i got on campus, i shut my windows), then why let it continue to be a problem by not telling me to turn it down, but instead he follows me and let the problem continue indefinetly? its a great excuse if he wants to pull me over and give me a warning, but a terrible excuse for following me. ---this suggest to me he wasnt following me due to my stereo.

2. if he was following me to see if i was drunk, thats fine. why didnt he use that as an excuse? it would have been a great excuse for him to follow me.
There are plenty of other legitimage excuses he could have used such as... he was following me to make sure my brake lights are functioning etc etc. In fact hes probably not even obligated to even give me an excuse for following me. but this a$$hole used the 1 excuse that dosnt give him a reason to follow me. --- this suggest to me that since he didnt give me a legitimate excuse for following me, hes real intention was possibly shady in nature.

I feel like he was tailing me hoping that I would eventually break a traffic rule then he would pull me over and write me a ticket. he didnt expect that Id notice him and confront him about it. Even if thats not the case, since he cant even come up with a legitamte reason, then he should have better things to do than following me around campus for 5 turns listening to my obnoxiously loud music through my closed shut windows instead of pulling up to me and give me a warning.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:20 PM
QBall

you should just quit your complaining, if he wanted to give you a ticket he could have come up with something to ticket you for
Old 11-11-2005, 02:26 PM
terryw

you should just mind you own business because im replying to arjun. Im not complaining to you, if you dont like reading it then dont read it. im over it, and im not complaining, especially not to you. im just explaining to arjun and whoever is wondering why i felt its not a routine incidence.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:29 PM
QBall

i'm just stating the fact, that by stopping your car in the middle of the road and confronting him about it, you were pretty much setting yourself up for a ticket
Old 11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
terryw

im also stating the facts, you point? I have a right to stop my car, last time i checked stopping my car wasnt illegal.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:32 PM
LEK

hahaha lol ^^ that's a good point.

Quick Reply: Some Clown popo tried to get me on my way home from happy hour.