NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

UTR CF Intake

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 12:41 PM
nmanti

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question UTR CF Intake

To start, I do NOT want this to turn into a debate over intake perfromance gains.
So I'm looking to get an intake. I'm looking for something something thats going to add aesthetic and performance benefits.
There are quite a few out there but the UT-R CF intake (pictures at the link below) caught my eye. You can find most CAIs for under $300.
UT is asking $395 for theres ($295 for the CF intake and $100 for the CF z-tube). Suggestions?

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeAOWbVuxatGzLLA

This thing looks, sooo sweet!
Old 09-27-2005, 12:54 PM
ScottR

A buddy of mine just installed this on his G and the pictures don't do it justice!! It looks awsome. I couldn't tell you about the performance gains, I don't know about the CIA thing as a whole being able to make a huge difference in the way of major performance gains anyway. IMHO they are more for looks/sound than raw bolt on power, and if that's the case this def my favorite.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:07 PM
pdjafari

ya...intake and performance gains...hmm. dhej id go for something aesthetic if i could do it over. Just b/c the gains (if any) are so minimal, most people mod simply for the added 'noise'. I recommend any sort of Z/G tube however.

I'd like to get the HKS suction intake. Even if it doesnt provide a performance gain, you can still take advantage of its 'suction'. LooL, J/k!

Just avoid the polished/chromed UT tubes, remember a post where the insides were chipping and flaking away!! NOT GOOD!
Old 09-27-2005, 01:21 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Not to trash your sponsor, but I had the previous version of this intake and it was a pos. Sound difference was minimal compared to my current setup, and as far as airflow is concerned the design sucked. Not to mention UT-R never sent me the right brackets for it and told me to retrofit my own from Home Depot I had this on my car for no more than 50 miles before I went back to stock, if someone wants it for looks alone I'll let it go for dirt cheap. The new one in the pics above doesn't look much different except that they changed the shape of the filter a little, but again not sufficient enough to scoop all the air like the stock airbox.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:08 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

^^ which one did you have the polished or CF??
Old 09-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

No, not talking about the intake tube. I have a Z-tube, my buddy has the UT CF one and it's just fine. I'm talking about the design of the air filter/induction system or however they call it, it's the farthest thing from being high flow. I had the pearl CF one and it looked nice but that's about it, my car would be choking for air.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:19 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

yeah, the whole thing of having the filter under the hood like that even with "heat deflector" doesnt make much sense to me. I like how the current stock airbox grabs air. I will be changing to a K&N when this one gets too dirty which wont be too far of so that should help a tad.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
G-Tofu

omg that thing is ugly.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 PM
G35zkyline

I think the best set up is the CAI nismo or the stillen hi flow box with a Z tube specially if what you are trying to do is keep sorta a stock look with really good flow.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:46 PM
arjunz

Originally Posted by Finiti35
No, not talking about the intake tube. I have a Z-tube, my buddy has the UT CF one and it's just fine. I'm talking about the design of the air filter/induction system or however they call it, it's the farthest thing from being high flow. I had the pearl CF one and it looked nice but that's about it, my car would be choking for air.

What do you have now?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:49 PM
arjunz

Originally Posted by G35zkyline
I think the best set up is the CAI nismo or the stillen hi flow box with a Z tube specially if what you are trying to do is keep sorta a stock look with really good flow.

NO! ..the heat soaking pop charger is the way to go lol.... Actually my only performance mod is a Ztube and a PC .. and believe it or not ... when the the temperature falls, my car seems to pull harder.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:51 PM
arjunz

Originally Posted by pdjafari
I'd like to get the HKS suction intake. Even if it doesnt provide a performance gain, you can still take advantage of its 'suction'. LooL, J/k!

LOL! We can always count on you for a gay remark...
Old 09-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Originally Posted by arjunz
NO! ..the heat soaking pop charger is the way to go lol.... Actually my only performance mod is a Ztube and a PC .. and believe it or not ... when the the temperature falls, my car seems to pull harder.
This is with every car, even if it's bone stock. That's why people run better times in colder weather. Btw I have the z-tube/stillen and love it, might be going back to stock soon though.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:56 PM
clokwork
Premier Member

if you love it, why would you be going back to stock?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:57 PM
Finiti35
FGC South Florida BOD

Got other plans for the car, nothing wrong with the intake =)

Quick Reply: UTR CF Intake