NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

PS2/Xbox suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2005, 09:46 AM
QBall

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you won't need the remote to play movies with a chip, there is a dvd player that uses the controller...just pick up a wireless logitech controller
Old 09-28-2005, 09:50 AM
Pratik

You cant actually turn on the xbox though with the dvd remote though can you? Puria, you'd still have to wire that relay to the ignition line then if not.

Mike, I'll hit up xbox-scene sometime during the day and see what I can come up with. I was just more concerned with actually putting the chip into the xbox but if someone knows what they're doing I can probably do a lot of the research into it.

Thanks.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:59 AM
QBall

yea its not hard at all, just go easy on me and get a no solder
Old 09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
QBall

Originally Posted by pratik97
You cant actually turn on the xbox though with the dvd remote though can you? Puria, you'd still have to wire that relay to the ignition line then if not.

Mike, I'll hit up xbox-scene sometime during the day and see what I can come up with. I was just more concerned with actually putting the chip into the xbox but if someone knows what they're doing I can probably do a lot of the research into it.

Thanks.
Here is an ir sensor that lets you turn on xbox via the remote, its out of stock on this website but i'm sure someone has it in stock:
http://www.bmmods.com/customer/produ...cat=262&page=1
Old 09-28-2005, 07:25 PM
pdjafari

Q, you know how to wire/solder on this stuff?? what would you recommend in terms of power for the xbox in the car?? all i can think of is a power inverter...dc/ac...but ive read/researched that some use a dc-dc...and i havent been able to find one.

as for the ps2 i found this site which shows how to avoid getting a power inverter...doesnt make much sense to me...but im sure it might to you!

http://www.asdffdsa.net/projects/ps2.htm

Last edited by pdjafari; 09-28-2005 at 07:30 PM.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:32 PM
QBall

Originally Posted by pdjafari
Q, you know how to wire/solder on this stuff?? what would you recommend in terms of power for the xbox in the car?? all i can think of is a power inverter...dc/ac...but ive read/researched that some use a dc-dc...and i havent been able to find one.

as for the ps2 i found this site which shows how to avoid getting a power inverter...doesnt make much sense to me...but im sure it might to you!

http://www.asdffdsa.net/projects/ps2.htm
I don't know anything about that kind of stuff, only reason I found out how to put the mod chips in was my roommate and I decided it couldn't be that hard to do and just sat down and tried... I have a friend that is an electrician I can ask him if heas any idea how to power it.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:21 PM
arion

pdjafari,

I'm planning on putting a modded XBOX in my G soon. Still collecting the components. I'm planning on using it for MP3 playing primary. Gonna use the XBOX Media Center. I'll post my parts list later, when I've determined what I want to do is feasible :-)

Good luck with your project. We'll definitely have to compare notes..

-Arion
Old 10-26-2005, 10:37 PM
pdjafari

Originally Posted by arion
pdjafari,

I'm planning on putting a modded XBOX in my G soon. Still collecting the components. I'm planning on using it for MP3 playing primary. Gonna use the XBOX Media Center. I'll post my parts list later, when I've determined what I want to do is feasible :-)

Good luck with your project. We'll definitely have to compare notes..

-Arion
Arion,
I would love to see your setup...I am thinking of DEF. going down this route, however since i dont even have an xbox i dont know what all I would need to get this started. Once you have your thoughts together let me know what you'll decide!!

Puria
Old 10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
macr6

why not just pull the internals out of the xbox and try and fit them into a custom case? That way you could spread out the internals. maybe even mount the cd drive somewhere else. Just a thought. I love to try something like that if I wasn't worried about tearing up my xbox.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:30 AM
arion

Originally Posted by macr6
why not just pull the internals out of the xbox and try and fit them into a custom case? That way you could spread out the internals. maybe even mount the cd drive somewhere else. Just a thought. I love to try something like that if I wasn't worried about tearing up my xbox.
That's what I'm planning... Replace normal hard drive with a 2.5" laptop one (for better durability), and probably won't even have a DVD-ROM attached...

-Arion
Old 10-27-2005, 10:48 AM
Pratik

I will show you my carputer setup sometime and what you can do with it. You may not like the Xbox idea as much figuring how much you'd spend with mine.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:49 PM
macr6

pratik, you got pics? specs? what does that thing do?
Old 10-27-2005, 01:06 PM
terryw

a friend of mine just mounts a psp on his car, and since you can easily hack it and put games and movies on the memory stick. its very cost effective.