NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Tinting around Reston/Herndon/Sterling Area?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 06:25 PM
mg35j

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tinting around Reston/Herndon/Sterling Area?

Anyone been to LA Tint in Sterling or have any recommendation around the area? I'm looking for a straight black regular tinting. Thanks!

Mike
Old 09-01-2005, 06:30 PM
mbq62

arjunz and I got ours done at A1 tints. They are off of rt. 7. They offer a ngc price of 170. I'm not sure if the price still stands though..it was a good while ago.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:50 PM
arjunz

yup... the price still stands ... just tell them ur part of that g35 club ..etc.etc. and a lot of us got our tints from there..
Old 09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
HooperX

Whatever you do don't go to A-1 Tint. I've been pretty lazy about posting a follow-up to what happened with my tinting, but I guess now's as good a time as any.

About two months ago I took my car to A-1 on the recommendation of Arjun et al. They agreed to the $170 and tinted my car pretty quickly. Everything looked good and I left happy. A few days later I start to notice bubbles...lots of them. I give a call back to A-1 and they say to give it a few weeks, they should go away.

Two weeks later, just as many bubbles. So I call up A-1 and make an appointment. They give me a big run-around, about how tinting is never perfect yada yada yada. Mind you, both of my back side windows have bubbles over an inch long and the backwindow looks like it took some buckshot. Finally, they say they'll redo all my windows, but not today because, lo and behold, they've lost all evidence of my appointment. So they say bring it back next weekend.

The next weekend I bring it back in and refresh their memory on how they were going to fix all my windows. The manager reluctantly agrees and I turn over the car and start waiting for my ride. About 10 minutes later he comes back out and tells me that they didn't actually tint my car (mind you, the guy who tinted my car is working on another car inside). He gives me some sketchy story about how there's actually two companies, A-1 Tint and Express Tint, and they both share the building on Rt. 7.

He goes on to tell me that a week before the owner of Express Tint didn't make his rent payment and now doesn't operate at the Rt. 7 location anymore. And since I had somehow magically paid my money to Express Tint instead of A-1 Tint (even though my receipt said A-1 Tint), I had to go to the other guy to get my tinting fixed.

At this point I'm finally starting to get angry. He gives me the number for Express Tint (located all the way out in Centreville) and says to call him for directions. I call up and get the owner, I think his name's Dave. Thankfully, Dave is 1000% more competent and helpful than any of the ******** that I'd been dealing with at A-1. He basically tells me that I have two options.

1. He can call up the owner of A-1, yell at them a bunch, and force them to fix my car. He says he's willing to do that, but they'll probably do just as ****ty a job again.

2. Bring it to his shop in Centreville and he'll redo the tint job. Since it's so far out, and he needs it for a while to remove all the tint, he even offers to have someone drive all the way out to Rockville and pick up my car (not that I would have let someone else drive my baby, but the thought was nice :-) ).

I go with option 2 and to sum up the end, he did a great job. The newly tinted windows have no bubbles, they did a much better job of cleaning up the interior of my car, and they even did a really good job with the dot-matrix. I'd highly recommend you taking your car to them, even though it's a bit of a drive. I'll scrounge around at home for their business card and post the phone number.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:54 PM
arjunz

Damn HooperX,

I'm sooo sorry man, my experience with them went just fine...thats why i recommeneded. If i knew they were *******s i would never recommend that place. Sorry again. if you want .. i can talk to the manager..since he knows me and ive been there couple of times... but that would be no better than having the manager of Express tint screaming at him...
Old 09-01-2005, 10:13 PM
G Vice

I got my last car tinted at LA Tint in Sterling, VA 2 years ago and the guy there does quality work. He's a little pricy but well worth it in my opinion.
Old 09-02-2005, 07:44 AM
mbq62

When Arjunz and I were there I'd have to admit...the manager was a sketchy looking motherfocker. But I guess we looked like we'd probably rob him and his workers if they tried to bs with our tint. Sorry for the bad experience Hooper. With this known I'd have to recommend California Tint. My friend know's someone there and apparently you can get a good tint job done at 150 (found this out after getting my tint already).
Old 09-02-2005, 10:11 AM
HooperX

Originally Posted by mbq62
When Arjunz and I were there I'd have to admit...the manager was a sketchy looking motherfocker. But I guess we looked like we'd probably rob him and his workers if they tried to bs with our tint. Sorry for the bad experience Hooper. With this known I'd have to recommend California Tint. My friend know's someone there and apparently you can get a good tint job done at 150 (found this out after getting my tint already).
Hey, no problem guys. It all worked out in the end. Also, from what I gathered, the guy who did both of your tints doesn't work there anymore. I should have known better when they sent a hairy shirtless **** to do my car :-).
Old 09-02-2005, 10:13 AM
Pratik

Hey Hooper, I have your decal that you paid for!! Just PM me your address and I'll put it in the mail.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:56 AM
arjunz

Originally Posted by HooperX
Hey, no problem guys. It all worked out in the end. Also, from what I gathered, the guy who did both of your tints doesn't work there anymore. I should have known better when they sent a hairy shirtless **** to do my car :-).

Yeah man, the guy who did my tint.. his name was Noah ... he is the one who proposed the $170 deal for the club .. its usually $190 i believe according to their normal charges. He had an argument with the manager and got fired. I should have known better that the Manager is an *******... he was an ******* about puttin that vinyl that i have on my dot matrix... i literally had to tell them how to do it.
Old 09-14-2005, 02:08 PM
mg35j

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mbq62
Hey mbq62,

Do you have the contact info at Cali Tint? I still need the tint for my G, so let me know. Thanks!