NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Hi!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 10:26 AM
lakbum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi!

Hello guys and gals (any here?),

Just noticed that there was a group in the Northern Virginia area. I just recently picked up a 05 6MT coupe (black) a week ago. I haven't been able to drive it on the highways yet due to work but seems like a great car from what I can manage in traffic.

The surprising thing is that when I didn't drive the G35, I swore I saw a lot of them around but now that I'm driving it, I've only seen one other black one. Where is everyone? Heh. I live in the McLean area and I'm often on route 7 and on Dolley Madison. If you see temporary plates and an Asian dude in a business outfit, that's me!

Well, glad to hear others in the area and would be fun to go on a cruise or something...driving in traffic is no fun.

Well, glad to be here.

P.S. I read in the main forum for the coupes that there are a lot of VT alumni in the group. I'm an alumni of UVA, but no hard feelings between us, right?. I'm not originally from Virginia so I don't really know of the rivalry that our schools are supposed to have. I probably should've gone to VT since I was a computer science major.

Dennis
Old 08-25-2005, 10:39 AM
vlm7

Welcome Dennis. You'll soon find out that the NGC is a tight group of folks, and you're welcome to be as active as you want to be in the community. Come out this Sat. to the Evolution meet - you'll get a chance to meet a bunch of us and see what's being done to our cars (and the Z's).
Old 08-25-2005, 10:41 AM
ennius

dennis...do you ever drive it out to the gold's gym in merrifield? i thought i saw someone fitting your description over there.

i'm out in vienna/tyson's too, so i'm sure i'll see you around. welcome to the club!
Old 08-25-2005, 10:45 AM
lakbum

Merrifield? Shoot, I've never actually heard of that city so it probably wasn't me..haha. What kind of car are you driving ennius? If I see ya, I'll honk.

As for the meet on Saturday, where is it being held at?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:47 AM
ennius

Originally Posted by lakbum
Merrifield? Shoot, I've never actually heard of that city so it probably wasn't me..haha. What kind of car are you driving ennius? If I see ya, I'll honk.

merrifield is the area in between vienna and tyson's corner, along gallows road. i'm in a '04 DG coupe, the other asian guy driving around. hahaha
Old 08-25-2005, 10:49 AM
wanalaugh74

Welcome.. so where u from?
Old 08-25-2005, 10:54 AM
vlm7

Originally Posted by lakbum
http://www.evolutionautosports.com/directions.htm

Official start is noon on Sat., but most will prob. roll in a little late.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:58 AM
lakbum

Wait...is this Merrifield...by anychance the Gold's Gym in the same shopping complex as Starbucks and Panera? If that's the one, yeah, that would've been me since I work right across the street in one of the big corporate buildings.

I'm from South Korea. I came to the US for college and working here now.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Pratik

Hey Dennis, welcome to the club. We are an active group and hold lots of meets around in the area. We are all car enthusiasts but also like hanging out and having a good time. I'd recommend signing up on www.nationalgclub.com if you haven't already and you'll be up to date on the latest news in the area. Also I'd check out this forum. We are very active here since most are bored at work so there's always a lot of talk going on about the locals!!
Old 08-25-2005, 11:05 AM
ennius

the gold's gym i'm talking about is on gallows road near an einstein's bagels and a boston chicken shop. i used to go to the gold's gym you're talking about, but now i usually just go to the one in arlington during my lunch.
Old 08-25-2005, 11:08 AM
wanalaugh74

WHoo hooo another fellow countryman!! haha
Old 08-25-2005, 11:13 AM
lakbum

Haha...are most of the members here Asian?

Thanks Pratik. I've already signed up at the website. I'm new to the modding scene and I'm not entirely sure if I will do any modifications to my car, but it might be something I might be interested in doing. The car hasn't grown on to me yet (i have a feeling it will, though ) but I had my eyes on another car before I had decided to get the G35. Since this is my first car purchase, I'll have to see whether I plan on keeping it. But from what I've seen so far on the forums, everyone seems to love their cars.

Just wondering...will modifications to the car help the trade-in value later on?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:21 AM
wanalaugh74

Dunno about asian but I think i am the only other korean here? Or is there another one hiding out? Where do u work?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:26 AM
lakbum

I work at Booz Allen Hamilton...if you've seen the Ernst and Young building on Westpark, it's very close to there. Also, if you've seen the SAIC building, my building is right next to it. Luckily, we have our own garage so I just park it on the 5th floor where no one usually parks. Heh.

Having a new car is stressful...always worrying about where to park to minimize the chance of getting dings from other cars...
Old 08-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Pratik

Yeah we call ourselves the UN Council for a reason. We take care of every region of the world in the club. Some of us are obviously heavier into the modifications in others. Even if you are a newbie its cool if you can come out to one of the meets to get an idea of whats going on and what others have done. You gotta start somewhere!