NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Hi!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2005, 11:30 AM
arjunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shoot another BLACK! .. lol just kidding ..welcome to the club
Old 08-25-2005, 11:32 AM
lakbum

That's true. When I was in Japan for two summers, I was motivated about the modding scene and seeing the Skyline R34 was an amazing sight.

Sounds definitely like a good idea to see what others have done...be nice to have a sleeper car.

Although, the whole racing aspect and people challenging you on the road...well, I just worry about the gas..haha...

Is everyone here roughly paying $50 for a tank?
Old 08-25-2005, 11:38 AM
clokwork
Premier Member

yeah man, todays was 48 bucks.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:50 PM
jojolmnop

$40 down here in VA beach.

yeah, i'm a newbie too but slowly modding as i can. just got my silviapart grille painted and love it. replacing bulbs with leds. more too choose now...
Old 08-25-2005, 01:16 PM
nmanti

Cool

Welcome. I'm also in the Mclean area. I'm off Magarity if you know where that is. Look for the black guy with dreads cruisin in the black G.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:17 PM
G Vice

Hey...I'm like 95% sure I was behind you yesterday on the Dulles access road yesterday sitting in traffic trying to get on I66. I'm the guy in the black G with Black 19" rims...was that you?
Old 08-25-2005, 02:13 PM
lakbum

Originally Posted by G Vice
Hey...I'm like 95% sure I was behind you yesterday on the Dulles access road yesterday sitting in traffic trying to get on I66. I'm the guy in the black G with Black 19" rims...was that you?
Haha...I was on that road, but what time did you see me? If it was before 5pm, wasn't me...but if it was around 5pm-7pm, that was me.

I guess I need to start looking to the front, side, and back now...heh. (I normally look to the front, of course).
Old 08-25-2005, 02:15 PM
lakbum

Originally Posted by nmanti
Welcome. I'm also in the Mclean area. I'm off Magarity if you know where that is. Look for the black guy with dreads cruisin in the black G.
Magarity? That road sounds awfully close to where I'm staying temporarily...ever hear of Dartford Drive? Is there a Shell gas station you pass by anychance? Anderson Road? I'm just spitting out roads that are around me. I do know where Magarity is...where exactly on that road?

I don't mind driving by since that has to be like 1-2 miles away from me.
Old 08-25-2005, 08:29 PM
G Vice

Originally Posted by lakbum
Haha...I was on that road, but what time did you see me? If it was before 5pm, wasn't me...but if it was around 5pm-7pm, that was me.

I guess I need to start looking to the front, side, and back now...heh. (I normally look to the front, of course).
Well, yeah it was after 1700 for sure. probably between 18-1830 to be more precise. There was traffic and I know whoever was driving saw me cause we passed each other a couple of times. Anyways..maybe it was someone else
Old 08-26-2005, 09:53 AM
lakbum

Well, if that's the case, might've not been me. I don't know but since I've been driving the G, I haven't been trying to look out my windows and looking at other cars. I feel that other passengers with less of a car might think I'm looking down at them or something, so I try to keep my attention to myself....heh.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Byrnie

I was a computer science major too but at Vanderbilt. Welcome to the club!

~Ry

Originally Posted by lakbum
Hello guys and gals (any here?),

Just noticed that there was a group in the Northern Virginia area. I just recently picked up a 05 6MT coupe (black) a week ago. I haven't been able to drive it on the highways yet due to work but seems like a great car from what I can manage in traffic.

The surprising thing is that when I didn't drive the G35, I swore I saw a lot of them around but now that I'm driving it, I've only seen one other black one. Where is everyone? Heh. I live in the McLean area and I'm often on route 7 and on Dolley Madison. If you see temporary plates and an Asian dude in a business outfit, that's me!

Well, glad to hear others in the area and would be fun to go on a cruise or something...driving in traffic is no fun.

Well, glad to be here.

P.S. I read in the main forum for the coupes that there are a lot of VT alumni in the group. I'm an alumni of UVA, but no hard feelings between us, right?. I'm not originally from Virginia so I don't really know of the rivalry that our schools are supposed to have. I probably should've gone to VT since I was a computer science major.

Dennis