NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Sheehy Infiniti of Annapolis... MOD FRIENDLY!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 11:49 AM
Pathis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sheehy Infiniti of Annapolis... MOD FRIENDLY!

So I was up at the dealership today getting the "Rear Axle clicking" TSB taken care of. For the past week or so Ive been checking with different shops about getting my new rims/tires mounted so I decided wtf, lemme ask the service guy if they have the proper equipment here. I informed him that they were low-profile tires going on 19's. Also, I wanted to make sure they knew I paid good money for the rims and didnt want them to **** them up or else Id be asking for some $$$ for the damaged rims.

Jonathon, the service guy, checked with the service manager and they said it was possible they could do it, but wanted me to bring in one of the rims so they could look at it. Fair enough.

Anyway, I went back home, grabbed one of the rear rims and brought it back there. Service Mgr Pete and Shop Foreman Pat (awesome name btw) came out and we talked awhile about the rims. They said it should be no problem and Pat even said that he could get the TPS in the new rims.

We started talking about G35 and stuff and they mentioned how they were a mod friendly shop. They will actually install aftermarket mods there right at the dealership!

I thought this was pretty cool as Ive heard about dealerships that would do that. In the past, when I asked other Infiniti dealerships in the area (JBA, Jim Coleman) if they supported aftermarket Mods they were pretty adamant that they would not and then would start screaming about how the mods would void my warranty.

The only cool infiniti dealership that Ive actually really dealt with has been Grubbs, and they are in Texas!

So, just to feel them out more I asked the ultimate mod question. I asked whether or not they would install a supercharger. Pretty much w/o hesitation Pat said yes. Now whether or not theyd do it and insure warranty will stick is another question. A co-worker who owns a 350Z says his Nissan dealership will install a turbo that would still be covered under the warranty. Whether or not Sheehy will do that is another question.

Anyway, enough ranting. Tommorow I go to have the tires mounted on the new wheels. Ill post a follow-up on how they do and how much it cost as I know some of you were also looking for places that did mounting.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:13 PM
jester7500

I've heard good things about Sheehy in Annapolis as well. I'm thinking about going all the way out there for this noise I'm getting from my trans that only happens in 1st gear. Since I have a LW flywheel installed, I don't feel like dealing with a dealership blaming it on the flywheel.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:25 PM
hwy_star

excellent news, thats where I purchased my car.
Old 08-23-2005, 12:51 PM
ducatiguy

Pathis, good to hear you found a "Mod Friendly" dealership. Not hard to come by these days... When you mentioned Grubbs, I couldn't agree with you more. I actually had a chance to visit Grubbs while on a business trip to TX and the're a bunch of really cool guys there! The whole dealership is run in a manor that would make any tuner proud and happy to have thier work done their. When I was there they had just finished the install on their ATI pro-charger G (one of the first ones out on the market) and to see the car and hear it first hand was amazing! A real thrill! I wish we had more dealerships like Grubbs here on the east coast...
Old 08-23-2005, 12:54 PM
C_Lawd

Pat! You are the man!!! Good on ya for checking these guys out!
Old 08-23-2005, 01:01 PM
Pratik

I will try and find out how Chantilly is when I meet up with them. Hopefully they are cool with it becuase they are willing to become sponsors of our group.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:15 PM
C_Lawd

Annapolis is a lot closer for us MD folks, except maybe Rhea. I wonder if they would sponsor us too?! Hmmm.........
Old 08-23-2005, 03:07 PM
brian2004

Thanks Pat .I have an appointment for JBA in Ellicott city for my rear noise.MAybe nxt time i will go to Annapolis.
Old 08-23-2005, 04:35 PM
g6g35

I wonder if passport would do the same?
Old 08-23-2005, 10:21 PM
ghost30

Originally Posted by g6g35
I wonder if passport would do the same?
When i was shopping for g35's about 4 months ago, salesman told me they service turboed G35's. Unless this guy was trying to get my sale.. that's what I was told. Don't know about installs, and I don't think they warranty.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:51 AM
startertan

Passport is mod-friendly in that they won't really hassle you about mods unless it really is the cause of the problem (even then I don't think they'll hassle you per se). I've heard that if you buy the car from them that they'll do whatever mod installs you want but I don't know if they'll do it for you if you bring them the parts. Go on there website and send an e-mail to Jeff Tanner. Just let him know that you spoke with me (Stanton) and you were curious if they did installs. Hope that helps somewhat.
Old 08-25-2005, 04:12 AM
Pathis

Well, I got the new rims and tires on the car today. Looks great. I was really impressed with Sheehy. They used a Hunter to mount the tires and the price was $25 per wheel.

As an extra bonus they were even able to transfer over the TPSs to the Volks, which I heard couldnt be done. The TPS x-fer actually cost an extra $25 per wheel as they had to remove the old tire from the stock rim, pull the TPS and put it on the new rim.

Total cost was $200 (would have been just $100 if I didnt have them do the TPS). Radial tire was going to charge me $120-$150 and couldnt give me a set timeframe on how long it would take. They stated it might take a couple days. Sheehy on the other hand did it all in 2 hours.

If anyones Interested, the Service manager was telling me about these "clear" taillight housings they were thinking about ordering. They could also get mirrored side markers for the side view mirrors. Im gonna send an e-mail to them and ask for some pics.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:49 AM
Pratik

Would like to see the side markers on the side mirrors. Always liked that.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
C_Lawd

I'm having a hard time picturing clear tail light housings without looking like a ricy honda...