NationalGClub National G Club - Operating for the DC/MD/VA G35's and Surrounding Areas

Reckless Ticket+Herndon=F@ck

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 02:01 PM
wnt1bd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vlm7
$1000 -> $250... If I was picked up again w/in 6 months, I'd have to pay the commuted $750. With respect to the charge, when I asked that it be reduced from RD to Improper, the Judge asked the state trooper how fast I was going, and the Judge said that for how much I was going over, he really couldn't reduce the charge. He certainly has the discretionary authority, but I guess his limited mercy was manifest in the commuted fine, and not in a reduced charge.

BS!!! He could reduce the charge...I got a ticket for doing 79 in a 55. Wrecless driving $2500 fine and up to 1 year in jail(whatever). Got a lawyer and took driving school online and recieved my certificate 2 weeks before court. Came to court with a copy of my Clean record, certificate, and of course my lawyer. After the lawyer spoke with the DA it was reduced to a Defective Equipment. Recieved a $200 fine no probation, not even reported to the DMV because it;s a non moving violation. Lawyer was $400, but well worth every little penny I paid. Just buck up and get the lawyer. Get a lawyer who is in the area, and fimilar with the judges at that courthouse. My lawyer's father used to be a judge there and they all golf together. Good luck.

Last edited by wnt1bd; 06-09-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:01 PM
Gmoney4

I love the fact that everyone is posting about "reflections & slowing down." You know in a few months when this has blown over, (or in your case pratik) when the ticket is forgotten (somewhat) the speeding will continue. I mean I'm just trying to be honest here. I don't speed all the time, but yeah I drive like a ***** a lot (too fast, too close, whatever). It does kinda make you think for a little bit, but in the long wrong will it really make a difference? Not trying to be an *** guys, just looking at it at another angle. Trust me I go through the same exact **** and thoughts, so I'm just as guilty as the next.

Puria man that does suck, just get everything worked out. If you do go to jail, I call dibs on the Y Pipe... Oh and dampers

Last edited by Gmoney4; 06-09-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:04 PM
Byrnie

hahah not that it isn't all good, just wanted to reiterate that haha :P. Yes yes I know I look like I'm 15 even if I don't shave :P.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:09 PM
Byrnie

Originally Posted by Gmoney4
I love the fact that everyone is posting about "reflections & slowing down." You know in a few months when this has blown over, (or in your case pratik) when the ticket is forgotten (somewhat) the speeding will continue. I mean I'm just trying to be honest here. I don't speed all the time, but yeah I drive like a ***** a lot (too fast, too close, whatever). It does kinda make you think for a little bit, but in the long wrong will it really make a difference? Not trying to be an *** guys, just looking at it at another angle. Trust me I go through the same exact **** and thoughts, so I'm just as guilty as the next.

Puria man that does suck, just get everything worked out. If you do go to jail, I call dibs on the Y Pipe... Oh and dampers
^lol good friends are hard to find, case in point :P haha. To be honest though i will still drive fast but I try and I do mean try to keep it around 15 unless I"m in the Boonz. yea you're probably right it will blow over but I think people will be a tad smarter maybe like this much from here |->| :P heh.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:10 PM
Byrnie

Originally Posted by wnt1bd
BS!!! He could reduce the charge...I got a ticket for doing 79 in a 55. Wrecless driving $2500 fine and up to 1 year in jail(whatever). Got a lawyer and took driving school online and recieved my certificate 2 weeks before court. Came to court with a copy of my Clean record, certificate, and of course my lawyer. After the lawyer spoke with the DA it was reduced to a Defective Equipment. Recieved a $200 fine no probation, not even reported to the DMV because it;s a non moving violation. Lawyer was $400, but well worth every little penny I paid. Just buck up and get the lawyer. Get a lawyer who is in the area, and fimilar with the judges at that courthouse. My lawyer's father used to be a judge there and they all golf together. Good luck.
you live in hic-a.ss MD though I think they do things differently in the civilization oh ZINGGGG (totally kidding I'm just bored at work and waiting for clock to go to 5 :'().
Old 06-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Espresso

Consult with a lawyer, it's free. The way I see it, you were speeding near a school going double the posted speed limit. It may have been midnight or whatever but it's still not going to sit well with the judge. If you show up by yourself and the cop is present, you're not going to walk away with a slap on the wrist. Sure they can reduce the fine and points but it's the points that you should be worried about and license suspension. You're not going to do jail time. In the long run, the points will increase your insurance rates for the next few years. Ask yourself this, would you rather spend that money now for a lawyer or over the next few years for insurance? Given your situation and the cop possibly not using a caliberated radar gun to clock you, a lawyer will have a lot better time arguing your case and getting you off completely. Do what you feel comfortable with but know that this ticket will cost you some money.
Old 06-09-2005, 02:36 PM
ashadiow

Reckless driving is bad. If the court date is mandatory go get a public defender if you can't afford a good traffic attorney. This will help you not look like a jackass in front of the judge. I guarantee, when you see the cop and he is a garbed up in his out fit and there is the judge there, you will start to freak out, and lose track of your thoughts. Lawyers are impartial and can hold their cool much better. The cop is going to act like you were endangering the public by exceeding the speed limit by 2x the posted limit.

Unless you can prove that he made a technical error in the stop you are going to be up **** creek with out a paddle. Profess that you had no idea what the limit was and look into your states drving handbook to find out what kind of area it was and what the speed limit is in an area like that had it not been posted, show that yes you were speeding, but were not being reckless. 52 in a 30 is not reckless, but 52 in a 25 is, try and work around the 25 limit. A reckless ticket can be as bad to your insurance as a DUI in most states. so the 1000 you will spend now, will be saved in a matter of months.

Just be very careful what you say, and choose a defense and stick to it, do not try to change defenses in the middle of your argument because you think you might be losing, it makes you look flakey, desperate and guilty. stick to your guns, speak only when spoken too, and be as courteous as possible and maybe you will get a reduced charge, or maybe they will drop the charges with the promise of traffic school and probation.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:33 PM
G35zkyline

Hey Puria I feel yor pain man cuz i also got a ticket on Dranesville on the herndon area right after passing that big curve, wich was the last ticket i needed to put my license on probation . It was not recless do.
This ****en Herndon PIGS are everyware
Old 06-09-2005, 11:38 PM
G35zkyline

just take the driving improvement course before you go to court wich will add five positive point to your record and will also meke you look good in front of the judge.
To bad you are only alowed to take this course once every two years
you can take this course at NOVA every other saturday...
Old 06-10-2005, 08:41 AM
wnt1bd

[QUOTE=Byrnie]you live in hic-a.ss MD though I think they do things differently in the civilization oh ZINGGGG (totally kidding I'm just bored at work and waiting for clock to go to 5 :'().[/QUOTE

Yea but I got the ticket in PA. Damn PA troopers. "Boy ya know how fast ya doing"
Old 06-10-2005, 10:07 AM
elau

Originally Posted by Babacks_G
If you think the cop used the mobile detector to get your speed did you get a chance to look at his radar detector? You may be able to argue he didn't clock you with a clabrated radar detector and used another device that may not give an accurate reading
Agree!! If the cop shows up in court with no record from his radar, he is done with the case. Make sure you bring that up in court and ask for evidence. With a clean record, you may be able to ask for 90-day advisement (meaning you tell the judge that you will not have any moving violation within the next 90 days, and if you do, the court can throw the book at you. If you pass the 90-day, then your ticket will automatically be riped up).
Old 06-10-2005, 10:12 AM
pdjafari

Interesting point...i truly do feel he used the mobile detector b/c had he clocked me i wouldve been around 45 which is STILL at 20mph over...but alot better than 27mph over i guess!!
Old 06-10-2005, 11:14 AM
Byrnie

[QUOTE=wnt1bd]
Originally Posted by Byrnie
you live in hic-a.ss MD though I think they do things differently in the civilization oh ZINGGGG (totally kidding I'm just bored at work and waiting for clock to go to 5 :'().[/QUOTE

Yea but I got the ticket in PA. Damn PA troopers. "Boy ya know how fast ya doing"
more like "Boy you got a purty mouth" damn PA hics :P heh jokes and jokes hah
Old 06-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Byrnie

Originally Posted by pdjafari
Interesting point...i truly do feel he used the mobile detector b/c had he clocked me i wouldve been around 45 which is STILL at 20mph over...but alot better than 27mph over i guess!!
But the judge doesn't know, you would have been going that fast . Too bad it wasn't a two lane road or if it was just say you were passing someone and you stepped on the pedal too hard 0_o?
Old 06-10-2005, 11:34 AM
pdjafari

Byrnie, it was a 2 lane road....if that makes any diff.